• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scavenging

Raneman

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
Oh, this is wonderful.

Once you get larger maps and you survive a lot longer, I like to go around with my friends, take objectives, and then split up the weapons and grenades among ourselves.

So, we might clear out a barn with a machine gunner, a marksman, and a rifleman, and we'll go inside, one of us takes the machine gun, the other the scoped rifle, and we'll share the grenades and pistols.

It's great when you've done this a few times and you have this squad full of scavenged weapons and you're very versatile.

After killing a few AT guys, I had a large stockpile of AT grenades and used them to suppress people inside buildings by chucking them through the windows.

Oh, this is wonderful.

Once you get larger maps and you survive a lot longer, I like to go around with my friends, take objectives, and then split up the weapons and grenades among ourselves.

So, we might clear out a barn with a machine gunner, a marksman, and a rifleman, and we'll go inside, one of us takes the machine gun, the other the scoped rifle, and we'll share the grenades and pistols.

It's great when you've done this a few times and you have this squad full of scavenged weapons and you're very versatile.

After killing a few AT guys, I had a large stockpile of AT grenades and used them to suppress people inside buildings by chucking them through the windows.
let me correct that
After killing a few AT guys, I had a large stockpile of AT grenades and used them to blow up entire buildings by chucking them through the windows
haha sorry had too..
anyways yea, but its hard getting people all nice and set up, I find it nice to pick up all the weapons from the area and put them in a pile in a corner of a building we are defending...

Upvote 0
Oh, this is wonderful.

Indeed. And an excellent reason why enemy loadout is both unnecessary and detrimental to immersion.

Upvote 0
not sure if this is what the OP was saying, but I agree that using enemy weapons is only fun when they're looted by hand.

but is anyone else bothered by the ability to carry 2 primary weapons and pistols? I mean, how are the soldiers supposed to carry them? It's not like any of the weapons have slings modelled.

They are held in place by magnets

Upvote 0