• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Adjustable standing height

-=THOR=-

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2011
It happens often that I'm looking through a window and there is a bar right in front of my eyes... It would be nice if we could use the scroll wheel to adjust the height BETWEEN full crouch and full standing. Of course the crouch button would still toggle between the maximum positions.

I never use the scroll to change the range, and I don't think that many people use it. However I would use it very often to adjust the standing height.

It happens often that I'm looking through a window and there is a bar right in front of my eyes... It would be nice if we could use the scroll wheel to adjust the height BETWEEN full crouch and full standing. Of course the crouch button would still toggle between the maximum positions.

I never use the scroll to change the range, and I don't think that many people use it. However I would use it very often to adjust the standing height.

I don't see why the engine couldn't support this. It handles variable height with the Cover function.

I would suggest having it work by holding down C, and moving the scroll wheel.

Alternatively, you can use the Cover function - but that is only good when you're right next to the cover.

Upvote 0
It does adjust a bit automatically when crouched and aiming I find. But still, manually changing would be nice.

Just remember though, that you're going to add a great number of animations for each "step". It would be a lot of work, enough so I can't see it happening. But still.. would be very handy if done well.

Upvote 0
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter allowed you to stand on your tiptoes. It was actually quite useful for things like this. You accessed it by pressing space (stance up) while standing. This could be done in RO2 as well, since I can't think of any situation where you'd want to jump in place.

Upvote 0
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter allowed you to stand on your tiptoes. It was actually quite useful for things like this. You accessed it by pressing space (stance up) while standing. This could be done in RO2 as well, since I can't think of any situation where you'd want to jump in place.
i jump in place all the time while waiting for a match to start. my avatar's kinda hopped up on coffe and vodka!

Upvote 0

Have you ever tried hitting a target more then 100m away? The rifle sight scroll system is werry werry useful!
A mecanic to change sitting hight would be nice, and ofcourse it should be a option to choose wich key to use for doing so.(If it would be inplanted)

Upvote 0
Have you ever tried hitting a target more then 100m away?

Yes, but not more than 150m, but hopefully that will change with new maps.

Anyway I like the adjustable height idea. I've got a horizontal scroll function on my mouse and I could see it applied to that easily... or maybe switch the sights to horizontal scroll and put the height on vertical scroll.

Upvote 0
Yes, but not more than 150m, but hopefully that will change with new maps.

Anyway I like the adjustable height idea. I've got a horizontal scroll function on my mouse and I could see it applied to that easily... or maybe switch the sights to horizontal scroll and put the height on vertical scroll.

try the ogledow map. it's fun hitting a guy 325 meters away. it shows you how the zoom feature works just about as intended. making rifles able to shoot the same distances they can in real life. it's not all that easy and shows just how un-lazerlike they really are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A suggets: use [KEY] + [Scroll] I used the scrool for select weapons and change range, so it will not be in the way.

Upvote 0