• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 keyboard layout beta here

Sorry if this sounds a bit like I'm questioning you're reason for being but...

What the hell? :confused:

I'm sure as hell not going to download a PDF called "keyboard layout" or whatever. It's either a virus or it's something completely useless. Just map your keys whereever you want them and feel comfortable with them. Why is that hard? All the functions are neatly listed in the game's options menu, there's even a handy function that lets you reassign them at will.

Upvote 0
Sir Roderick.... I am used to keyboard layouts because of all the simulators I play.
Keyboard layouts are a nice visual representation that can be printed out for reference when "in" a battle. That is for those of us without dual monitors.

They prevent the need to keep pausing the game and scrolling through that annoying tripwire interface that is three of four screens long and may magically throw you to the top at any time. A keyboard layout brings everything into together and into focus.

A lot of people find it easier to learn with quick reference material handy including myself.
In addition to this keyboard layouts often provide additional information. I in particular want to provide mini-tutorials
on squad movement commands and calling arty on the keyboard layout. Then it becomes about playing the game
instead of "who knows the keys".

I have heard many of people over coms typing such things as "whats the key to voice" and such.
I honestly think teamwork is suffering simply because commanders, squad leaders and soldiers simply have no idea
what the keys are and how to make the game work. Most new people know fire and duck and do not bother to advance from there. A keyboard layout should improve that....

A keyboard layout is a good way to study keys on your kindle, phone or in printed form when not in the game.

A keyboard layout is for those of us who just want to play the game without screwing around for an hour re-mapping keys and memorising everything. For those of us who do not play this particular game all of the time. For those of us
who want to remember those obscure rarely used functions quickly and without hassle.

Most games have keyboard layouts that I have played or at least a manual that can be referred to or printed with the keys listed in it!

Honestly my little file is crap atm... thats why I need the communities help to pick the thing to pieces so I can improve it and then make it pretty.

P.S. If you think its a virus. Do not download anything from any community on the net ever again.

P.S.2 I love your sig :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0