• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

team killing

The Beast (nl)

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2006
The Netherlands
Everybody happens this but the last week i don`t like it anymore. I can do
an action and bammm get teamkilled. Mostly no sorry.
Last game a few minutes ago was in barracks. Got teamkilled 5x in 10 min.

But i have a question,

With ROost the server could set off the opportunity to get teamkilled.

I haven`t seen this in RO2.

Is it also possible with RO2 ??? And when yes, why does admins take such a choise to get teamkilled?

imo, one of the hallmarks of Red Orchestra is the Team Killing option in multiplayer. Friendly fire is brutal and a fact of war. It also forces players to pay attention to what happens when they unleash their ordinance.

Server admins can adjust the damage limits for friendly fire, the damage limits for arty, the number of TK's allowed before punishment takes place. Punishment can be kick, session ban, permament ban. Permanent ban removes the ranking ability of the server.

There is an option to put 0(zero) for the TK limit. Perhaps this turns friendly fire off, but I'm not going to use it.

With respect to TK'ers out to cause trouble:
I would like to see TW give individual players the ability to see the Unique or Steam ID's of every player in the game. Returning the 'listplayers' command in console would be a great help for regulars to report troublemakers during an admins absense.

Upvote 0
Yep and it is a whole walk to that building.:D

sure is:IS2:

hmm about the text chat when u press y does the message only show to other players on your team, or is there a where a channel option somewhere, like in arma that u can choose to speak to your team only, every1 on your side or every1 on the server and so fort?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I notice when typing NP, it doesn't show up in text chat. The forgive system is not working correctly yet. In RO1, you'll remember typing NP left a message in text, "so and so has forgiven so and so for teamkilling" or whatever.

As for the OP wondering about turning TK off, any good server will never do that. The fact is the game has a lot of accidental TK's, it's reality, the way to decrease them is to COMMUNICATE with your team. Get on VOIP, let people know where you are, and if you are shooting, make sure you know the uniform and direction of travel/aim of the target at least before you shoot. Turning TK's off would turn a server into something like Combat Arms or a BF2 server with TK off. Just silly.

I really don`t understand why TWI didn`t make a hotfix for this.

Upvote 0
sure is:IS2:

hmm about the text chat when u press y does the message only show to other players on your team, or is there a where a channel option somewhere, like in arma that u can choose to speak to your team only, every1 on your side or every1 on the server and so fort?

Just like with VOIP (which is better than the text chat because so few people pay attention to the typing), there are 3 keys bound. Public (Y), Team (U) and squad (can't remember). VOIP is the same, you need to bind 3 different keys, i'ts not like Arma, where you just cycle through channels with one key and press to talk/type with another.

Upvote 0
When it happens type in "np" at the earliest chance - of course it happens in the middle of chaos most often - so it can take 10-15 seconds to get a chance to safely type it in.

There is a glitch where it takes 2 tries to have "np" show on my screen though - sometimes 3 tries - anyone else have that?

My NP never shows up after a TK, even two or three times. I have to type N P with a space or "no prob". Something is glitched with it.

Upvote 0
My NP never shows up after a TK, even two or three times. I have to type N P with a space or "no prob". Something is glitched with it.

If you type it often enough it will show up. Unfortunately it sometimes means typing it 4 times. It is ridiculous, but I have made a habit of taking the time to do it, because schooled in RO1 it is just a nice custom to get any possible grievances out of the way and let the other player know that you are a grown up and that there are no hard feelings because of a small mistake anyone could have done.

Upvote 0