• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

You're the opposite of me. Huge Steam sale, and there is no game I am interested buying at the listed prices. :eek:

Well I'm not interested in any game of today's sale but I got two things from yesterday's and I would have gotten other stuff, but I already got them. I'm mainly talking about games that I have from humble bundles or the previous Xmas sale that I have not played even once or games I've left half completed like Warband, Skyrim, Total wars...

Upvote 0
Well I'm not interested in any game of today's sale but I got two things from yesterday's and I would have gotten other stuff, but I already got them. I'm mainly talking about games that I have from humble bundles or the previous Xmas sale that I have not played even once or games I've left half completed like Warband, Skyrim, Total wars...

I am waiting for Wings of Prey to go for $6.80/$5 like it did during the last two sales.

I'm going to be in Canada starting Friday. I am assuming I'll have to pay Canadian sales tax and prices on Steam even though I live in the USA. In which case, the "deals" might not be deals anymore. :p

Upvote 0
I am waiting for Wings of Prey to go for $6.80/$5 like it did during the last two sales.

I'm going to be in Canada starting Friday. I am assuming I'll have to pay Canadian sales tax and prices on Steam even though I live in the USA. In which case, the "deals" might not be deals anymore. :p

I was going to get that one in the last sale, but the demo didn't convince me.
There was a time I used to play flight sims and sims in general, but I think I'm getting too old and tired for complex realistic systems and keyboard dances for games like IL-2, and I if the game of this nature is too arcadey like WoP, I can't get into it, so in the end, I kinda discarded the whole genre.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moyako and DraKon2k
Upvote 0
Just beat Human Revolution. Certainly surpassed my expectations, though of course it can't match the original in terms of writing even if the gameplay is a bit better. Tons of details in the storyline, setting and psuedoscience for me to nitpick, but I'll spare you the wall of text.

Played about an hour of Skyrim and I really can't see myself continuing unless someone mods it to fix the interface. Seriously, it's downright broken in its current state.

[edit]Why did I even say that... this game is addictive.[/edit]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
PC
-Continueing with Skyrim now
-Some BF3 now and then

PS3
-finished Uncharted 3 today, epic game
-started Bayonetta today, only played the prologue+chapter 1 yet but I already freakin love it, this game is so crazy+sexy+awesome, I never thought I was the hack&slash guy(and I'm not, although I did like god of war 3 but there was more to that) but this is just soooo awesome!

Upvote 0
Got about a day of in-game time into Skyrim on Master. Oh it's fun, but it's hard to judge which enemies will be easy to kill and which ones will ruin your **** in one hit. Doesn't seem to be very consistent, I end up playing like this:

Brave Sir Robin - YouTube

Really makes me wish I had a scouter to see their power levels before I hit people with hammers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got about a day of in-game time into Skyrim on Master. Oh it's fun, but it's hard to judge which enemies will be easy to kill and which ones will ruin your **** in one hit. Doesn't seem to be very consistent, I end up playing like this:

My problem with Skyrim's dificulty is that is completely random an unfair, the game does not provide you with methods to evade or effectively block attacks.

A game like Demon's/Dark Souls, while hard, its combat relies purely on your skill, so I'd say it has a much fairer difficulty system.

That randomness/luck based/button mashing/potion spamming encouraged in Skyrim is what pissed me off the most. I ended up fast traveling everywhere just to NOT see a dragon (and even then), and ignore the missions that sends you to dungeons (which are almost all of them).

Next time I'll play it, its gonna be heavily modded, I can't stand the game anymore in its current state.

Upvote 0
Just played a few minutes of Duke Nukem Forever, just enough to clear the first stage. Entertainment, to be sure. Graphics are quite nice, and I was surprised that I was able to crank everything to max on my laptop.

Not something I'll get immersed in probably, but ... I'll certainly have fun with it here and there. I'm installing LA Noire now.

Upvote 0
Well it was a fun 24 hours, but I'm over Skyrim. The gameplay requires far too much menu fiddling in combat to be fun, and despite the fact the levelling system is less retarded than the ones in Oblivion or Fallout, it's all still based on numbers rather than skill. I guess it's so people who fail at action games have a chance. Maybe I'll just use console commands to give myself perfect stats and the best armor. That's the only way I was able to enjoy Fallout 3 after all (well, I also had a pretty player model with custom armor and real firearms).

Maybe something like this, only without the work (I can't understand why anyone would ever grind in a single player game):
Skyrim - Epic Battles - Master - YouTube

Until then, back to Torchlight for me. :D

Also got Sonic Generations. Got a real nostalgia hit when I got to Sky Sanctuary zone as classic Sonic... Too bad the game forces you to play as new Sonic to unlock levels, and the new Sonic games are just bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluehawk
Upvote 0
Well there's the SkyUI, which removes the ***-iness of the UI.

Total gameplay rebalancing will have to await the CK. Unfortunately half the game and leveling is built around numerics, so any "lethal combat" mods are going to in a sense invalidate the itemization.

I guess it's so people who fail at action games have a chance.

That's one way to view it I suppose. I think it was their attempt to allow any play style/armor/weapon preference to stay competitive all the way to the end game. Got a hard one for Ancient Nord weaponry? The system allows you to basically extend its usefulness far beyond its place in the itemization tier, with the right perks.

Unfortunately that redirects all attention to the fact everything is numbers based and dispels the illusion that a guy in heavy armor using a 2 handed weapon is honestly doing anything different than a guy in light armor who dual wields.

Now if weapons interacted with armor types in some way, like 2 handers cleave through light armor like butter but daggers penetrate heavy armor....that'd give you reasons to try different builds.

Upvote 0
I think judging by the demo R6 Vegas was a terrible game on pretty much every level except maybe the presentation so unless Vegas 2 is vastly different, which it doesn't seem to be, judging from videos I've seen of it, I personally wouldn't get either of them even if they're in the bargain bin.

Your mileage may vary, obviously.

Reactions: Major Liability
Upvote 0
The only differnece between Vegas and Vegas 2 is that in Vegas 2, the lights of the town are replaced by boring, grey, rectangular rooms.

The vegas games are only good if you compare them to Lockdown. Other wise stay away.

Actually I had fun playing it with coop on my cousin's X360. Just don't look at it as a Rainbow Six game, but as a coop arcade shooter.

Upvote 0