• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do you like the new weapons?

It would have been nice to see a FN-FAL or a Steyr Aug in the mix. A Spas-12 for the support and Claymores for the Demo.

We already have a Fabrique Nationale Fusil Automatique Leger ingame already, and a Steyr Armee Universal Gewehr for no real reason is ludicrous.

A SPAS12 is pointless now, and i suggested a SPAS15 in much greater detail, including a niche role for it.

We already have claymores ingame as well, any more is just pointless, since a remote-detonated/tripwire-detonated explosive has no use that can't be done better by a pipe bomb.

Reactions: aesdana
Upvote 0
We already have a Fabrique Nationale Fusil Automatique Leger ingame already, and a Steyr Armee Universal Gewehr for no real reason is ludicrous.

Riddle me this - how do we have a FN FAL in KF. And don't tell me that the SCAR is a FN FAL because it is made by the same company that made the FN FAL. I know that, and that doesn't make the FN FAL a SCAR.

Reactions: EonSeig
Upvote 0
.44 Magnum is good with more ammo and less weight, but does less damage than the handcannon and has more recoil (which I still think hasn't been fixed for sharpshooter). The handcannon is better overall for sharps since it has 8 bullets in the mag vs 6 and more stopping power. 2 bullets for taking off husk/siren heads while the .44 Magnum takes 3. Not worth it. Dunno, if only the recoil was changed, I'd use the .44 Magnum on-perk.

Magnum only needs 2 shots to kill off husk and sirens just like the handcannon. This is on 6 man HoE.

Reactions: Rainydaykid
Upvote 0
@Elsea: perhaps my aim is off, but it always seemed to me that I needed 3 shots. Then again, I haven't used the .44 Magnum in a while.

@Spicy: I meant in an official capacity, like an official weapon. This weapon pack seems to be pretty well known around these parts, but most servers I get onto don't feature such weapon pack. Naturally I wouldn't have known about it till now.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
@Spicy: I meant in an official capacity, like an official weapon. This weapon pack seems to be pretty well known around these parts, but most servers I get onto don't feature such weapon pack. Naturally I wouldn't have known about it till now.

Gotcha!

It would be very cool that have them in the game officially. They also did an M99 and Braindead (brainded?) made a hunting rifle as well. So if they were both added, it would take care of the "SS NEEDS SNIPER RIFLE!" threads.

There's a few hell on earth servers that have them. Not sure about the other difficulties though. :\

Upvote 0
Riddle me this - how do we have a FN FAL in KF. And don't tell me that the SCAR is a FN FAL because it is made by the same company that made the FN FAL. I know that, and that doesn't make the FN FAL a SCAR.

You insult my intelligence. You also seem ignorant of the ways of the community. Both are very bad things.

So i'll point you in the direction of the modding section of the forums and await your reply.

Upvote 0
You insult my intelligence. You also seem ignorant of the ways of the community. Both are very bad things.

So i'll point you in the direction of the modding section of the forums and await your reply.

It was on the assumption that there was no FN FAL as an official weapon, whitelisted mod regardless. I'm not aware of the mods that everyone all seems to know about, as indicated in my previous posts (and now I do). I only got this game since this summer, and I'm even newer on the forums. Now I know my assumption is wrong because of such "weapon pack", I'm willing to admit that my post came across as brusque and presumptuous.

Upvote 0
.44 Magnum: Again, handsome, yet not as effective as the Handcannon when considering price, reload time and ammo capacity. The Sharpshooter perk could probably have used something other than yet another handgun (how about an actual scoped sniper rifle?).

Considering the magnum, I think that it is something that the sharpie didn't need, but it's wonderful for pretty much everyone else (further proves the point that pistols should be left off-perk only) but as sharpies would nearly always go for the HC, the magnum is just left as an overpriced gun for the off-perk. I think dropping it from

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Considering the magnum, I think that it is something that the sharpie didn't need, but it's wonderful for pretty much everyone else (further proves the point that pistols should be left off-perk only) but as sharpies would nearly always go for the HC, the magnum is just left as an overpriced gun for the off-perk. I think dropping it from

Last edited:
Reactions: Aze and Islidox
Upvote 0
I noticed one decently big difference:

HC takes 2 bodyshots to kill a Clot on HoE (115 damage per shot), while Magnum takes 3 (105 damage per shot). Clots have 227 (i think) health on HoE. So HC wins even more on HoE :p

And as much as i agreed with .44 should get its recoil and reload fixed, what about Dual 9mm and its uselessness? And what about the weight inconsistencies and non-benefits of dualwielding on ALL the pistols? They seriously need some sorting out.

Upvote 0
To me? Honestly some of them I love, some of them I hate and will never touch. I prefer the deagles to the revolvers. They seem to reload faster and do more damage and more penetration as a weapon. The revolvers are more difficult to hit with as well. Don't think they are as accurate as the deagles or the 9mm either.

The MP5 is ok, I like it more than the mp7, only downside for me is how many mags it has and how fast they run out. Same applies for the M4s, both of them. They just run out far too quickly to be practical of use for me. The m4's scope is also far too tiny to use it in iron sights. Its rather annoying. The "AK" is more useful for its strength versus speed. I still prefer the Scar + AK combo

The claymore is still indeterminable. I used it a small amount of time and the time I used it I wasn't having good gameplay times due to bad teammates so I was dying now and then or having bad internet days. But it seemed alright on strength, but its speed isn't as good as I'd imagine it. I like to chain a lot as a berserker, and its not possible to chain with the claymore, so I'll probably stick with a katana.

The husk gun is neat. I like it the most out of all the weapons. It definitely gives the firebug a boost of strength, and I prefer to use it versus the flamethrower. Only downside for me is how vulnerable it leaves me because you can quickly get overrun using it if you're not careful and on the move or without team backup.

The new combat shotgun is....yeah. I won't touch it. For its price? its honestly not that worth it. I will stick with the pump shotgun versus the combat shotgun. The reload time isn't feasble in combat with how I used the pump shotgun reloading between shots when given the chance. The combat shotgun isn't that much faster for me than the pump shotgun to make a difference in gameplay. So its back to Pump + DB for me.

Those are just my thoughts.

Upvote 0
I think the only thing wrong with the .44 is that it's still broken. Not getting the recoil reduction seriously hampers a weapon meant for quick consecutive headshots. And the reload speed bonus is wrong too. It's the same as the commando's (easily verified by, during trader time, firing, reloading, switching to commando, and repeating. Takes exactly the same amount of time).

The .44 can do MOST things that the HC can, like 1 shot up to bloats, and 2 shot husks/sirens. It's also got better sights (though that's subjective). The downsides of a smaller clip size and lesser penetration are countered by the extra ammunition. The one thing the HC can do that the .44 simply can't do is lay serious damage out. You can pretty easily handle a scrake with the HC if you really have to. But I wouldn't try to do it with the .44 Likewise, for facing good ol' Pat, I would MUCH rather have Dual HC than Dual .44s.

Basically, the HC is better at killing in general, and allows you take on a wider variety of enemies but you have to be significantly more stingy with your ammo, while the .44 is better at taking out garbage due to taking the same amount of shots to kill, but coming with more ammo. Not to mention being able to carry an mp5 to give you even more trash killing ability and letting you play a surprisingly effective medic (assuming a xbow build here, as that setup is really the only one where the weight makes ANY difference).

At least, that's how it SHOULD be. With the ****ty recoil and moderate reload bonus, currently the HC is pretty much superior in EVERY way.

Sorry about the rant. The real reason I'm frustrated has nothing to do with you, it's just that I think the .44 is such a sexy gun, and I want so badly for it to be fixed already.

Yes, someone other than me to notice that the .44 Magnum is still bugged. As of now, the Handcannon is preferable to the .44 Magnum, even if I get less ammo and worse iron sights.

Upvote 0
i really like the magnum as an offperk sidearm, its just too damn pricey!

MP5 is great, M4 is mediocre

havent used the claymore much, though it is bad ***

dont like the m4/m203 combo, the demoman deserves a more fitting weapon, definitely a commando gun

the combat shotgun either needs a larger magazine, or shorter reload time, or higher damage to set it apart from the pump which i find superior due to pricing and quicker reload

havent touched the husk cannon yet, i rarely play firebug

Upvote 0
Combat shotgun... Too expensive, too small capacity, not so big damage. It really needs a buff: bigger magazine (at least 10 rounds), more damage, more accuracy or more ammo to carry.

Husk launcher. Too expensive, too weak.

MP5 feels good, it's DPS is less than MP7's, but it deal stronger headshots and has 1.5 times bigger magazine size.

44 Magnum is a good backup weapon or a primary weapon for waves 2-3 (especially when dual wielded).

Upvote 0