• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lightning needs to be rebuilt

Hi all. :)

While playing on Grain Elevator today, I noticed that throughout the whole round there were very thin gray letters on the top left corner of the screen saying "Lightning needs to be rebuilt".

Is this somekind of error, bug, or.. what is it? :)

LOL, were you editing the retail map in editor and accidentally saved it?

Upvote 0
I've noticed it consistently popping up whenever the rail car next to Objective F (Signal Box) on RedOctoberFactory is blown up by a satchel charge. Indirectly tested this twice on the 2FJG server when playing Engineer, and without fail, it seemed to pop up on mostly everyone's screens.

The Red October Factory displaying the lighting needs to be rebuilt after the destruction of the rail car next to Objective F(singal box) is a noted issue(0014096). So far it seems that is the only destructible object in the map that will create that effect. If anyone encounters it from another destructible object then please let us know.

Hi all. :)

While playing on Grain Elevator today, I noticed that throughout the whole round there were very thin gray letters on the top left corner of the screen saying "Lightning needs to be rebuilt".

Is this somekind of error, bug, or.. what is it? :)

The issue with the message that lighting needs to rebuilt on Grain Elevator is currently a little more difficult for us to replicate. There are no destructible objects, that I know of, on Grain Elevator like there are on Red October. So any information that you can give will be helpful. Also, when you received the message that the lighting needs to be rebuilt were there any other players who got the message as well?

Reactions: fiftyone
Upvote 0
It only happened a couple of times, and a long time ago, never happened again. However, I know of at least a couple of people who have seen the same bug, one on Grain Elevator aswell, the other on Comissars House if I'm not mistaken.
isn't it weird, how some of the bugs we use do have, to have still effect some peeps?

Upvote 0
I saw it on Spartanovka last night. Arty was plentiful, lots of fences were destroyed. I was playing Axis and was in one of the trenches in the cap just before the city hall. I recall looking up and then noticing the message at the top left of my screen.

i5 cpu with GTX560Ti graphici card

Do you happen to recall where the arty was dropping?

We have seen the message appear on Sparta as well, most likely caused from arty, but tracking down what object is causing the lighting needs to be rebuilt message has been difficult to produce. So, any information that can be recalled about where the artillery was hitting will help us narrow down what areas need to be tested.

Upvote 0
I'm can't be positive on the location, but I'll look at the map and get back to you with the grid co-ordinates of where I think I saw the message.

I'm pretty sure I saw that message a couple of time during that map. The TL for the Soviets was calling as much arty as he could, iirc. With my particular setup, the wording's font and/or color is not very obtrusive so it may happen more often than I'm noticiing it.

Upvote 0
The Red October Factory displaying the lighting needs to be rebuilt after the destruction of the rail car next to Objective F(singal box) is a noted issue(0014096). So far it seems that is the only destructible object in the map that will create that effect. If anyone encounters it from another destructible object then please let us know.

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling this was posted a while ago, but figured it didn't hurt to throw in my observations.

The issue with the message that lighting needs to rebuilt on Grain Elevator is currently a little more difficult for us to replicate. There are no destructible objects, that I know of, on Grain Elevator like there are on Red October. So any information that you can give will be helpful. Also, when you received the message that the lighting needs to be rebuilt were there any other players who got the message as well?

Is it possible that this could be triggered by objects that can be "destroyed" by grenades (i.e. fences and the like)? If not, I know there are a ton of objects (paintings, chairs, etc.) that can be interacted with by the player via shooting, player movement, and explosions- it may be worth looking into whether one of these objects might be clipping through the map and/or could be triggering this. However, given the sheer number of these objects, that may be a rather tall order.

Upvote 0