• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

• Realism Mode: No unlocks/upgrades

Votes: 116 10.8%
  • Realism Mode: More changes to game play in this mode (sway/speed/fatigue, ie: More realistic)

Votes: 511 47.6%
  • UI: Improved Commander system (removing arty targets from map, more )

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • UI: Improved notifications (pop up vote system, visual/audio feedback of votes, more)

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • General: Enhanced Game play (work on spawn systems/protection/game modes)

Votes: 95 8.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Coop

Votes: 35 3.3%
  • Missed launch functionality: Online Campaign

Votes: 52 4.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Additional Clan/Server/Client Functionality

Votes: 27 2.5%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Bleeding, bandaging

Votes: 33 3.1%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Limb Deactivation on Damage

Votes: 50 4.7%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Improved squad system (interface, functionality)

Votes: 83 7.7%
  • Tanks: Reduced max tank limit (Improved tank stability/functionality and additional map content)

Votes: 55 5.1%

• Total voters
I hope the first thing they work on is Ping Issues causing all this lag..

Then they should add Latency Compensation so i can actually hit someone when i shoot at them. :(

After that i hope they fix up Hit Detection/Registration.

Then this game would be AWESOME! :)

Tripwire can you let me know if your working on this please?!

Thanks. :eek:

Upvote 0
I still wonder where the 99,99% are. This games design was after all designed to appeal to this huge audience. Because they are not playing RO2.
Last known location: COD.

That's truth. Too bad that also last known location of many RO players are such games like Battlefield, ArmA 2, Heroes and Generals, World of Tanks etc.
Some of them returned to Darkest Hour and Ostfront too, where they can play real RO.

Upvote 0
That's truth. Too bad that also last known location of many RO players are such games like Battlefield, ArmA 2, Heroes and Generals, World of Tanks etc.
Some of them returned to Darkest Hour and Ostfront too, where they can play real RO.

True and not true Apos, Ive played some DH and RO since. But TBH I really do like the fluidity of HOS's movement. It's when you move into combat that all the things that I dislike about HOS show up.

Upvote 0
Very often i see these 0,01% of Players argument.

If i remember a players chart correct at the beginning 10 000 players played this game.

May be there are some more, may be 30 000 bought the game....i do not know.

From the beginning 10 000 only 200-700 in average are playing it.
In peaks 1000- 1400.

Now i see 1000 people voting here in this poll.

How these 1000 people count only 0,01% of the playerbase?

Can me someone tell???????????

It is more like 3-10% minimum.

Seems to be the standard argument of the developers that they can avoid the unpolite sentence : "My way or the highway (-no matter how stupid the developing/marketing strategy is working-)!"

Conclusion:

You see the result of the poll.......better you follow it....

TWI you are not EA or Activision...your experiment to steal their players was a fail.
And to hold your RO-veterans/fanboy ....in most cases too.

Back to the roots !

Improve historical correctness and realism ...

Reactions: Cyper and Moyako
Upvote 0
These are the ones I would like the most:

-General: Enhanced Game play (work on spawn systems/protection/game modes)

-Missed launch functionality: Coop

-Missed launch functionality: Online Campaign

I really wonder what Online Campaign is because I saw that in the achievements.

For Co-Op to work though the AI needs to be improved.

But most of all I would like to see the bugs fixed and new content added to improve the longevity of this game. Things like new maps, new weapons, new tanks, new gamemodes, ...

One final thing though the poll may be an indicator of what is important. But on the other hand it may not. I'm pretty sure only a small fraction of the people who play RO2 visit these forums.

Upvote 0

Now i see 1000 people voting here in this poll.

Conclusion:

TWI you are not EA or Activision...your experiment to steal their players was a fail.
And to hold your RO-veterans/fanboy ....in most cases too.

Back to the roots !

Improve historical correctness and realism ...

Where do you get that everyone playing RO2 goes on these forums and voted for this poll ?

The only ones with correct player numbers are TWI.

And besides I disagree I played the original mod, played the retail RO, now I'm playing this and RO2 is head and shoulders above its predecessors.

Upvote 0
Did i wrote that?...

Than I seem to have misread your post. I thought you claimed that

I still disagree though.

The poll could be an indicator of what people think but on the other hand forums are mostly visited by people who want to complain about a game. I myself came here in the first place to report a bug and by chance stumbled upon this thread or I would have never voted.

Nothing wrong with complaining but I see a lot of people here on these forums that are die-hard RO fans and want the series back to its roots. Than there are the people that are really enjoying the game, I don't think a huge portion of them visit these forums, do you ?

And if I am correct than the result this poll is not the only thing the devs should go by.

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Upvote 0
And if I am correct than the result this poll is not the only thing the devs should go by.

Indeed, but from where else does the feedback come? Polls like these - especially since TWI started it - plus other threads on these forums, form the main bulk of RO2 feedback. Sure, you could take comments made in reviews into account, but I think when you compare "1000 people with something to complain about" to "a few reviewers who generally don't have a clue", you're going to get your best data from the forums.

Granted, the 100 people voting might not actually be actively playing the game right now - but the number of voters is still quite impressive, and I can't see where TWI will get better feed back on where to go next.

Upvote 0
Than I seem to have misread your post. I thought you claimed that

I still disagree though.

The poll could be an indicator of what people think but on the other hand forums are mostly visited by people who want to complain about a game. I myself came here in the first place to report a bug and by chance stumbled upon this thread or I would have never voted.

Nothing wrong with complaining but I see a lot of people here on these forums that are die-hard RO fans and want the series back to its roots. Than there are the people that are really enjoying the game, I don't think a huge portion of them visit these forums, do you ?

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

You must keep in mind that a lot of these (us) so called RO Vets have been members of the forums for years and were highly supportive of TWI and had high hopes for ROHOS. We are just disappointed in some ways about the game. The fact that some are still here making suggestions says a lot.

Also keep in mind that most of us making these suggestion only want to change the Realism mode (or add a better one) and we do not want to alter the gameplay for the rest of you. I will repeat that... we do not want to alter the gameplay for the rest of you. Some people wanting the game to stay the same always seem to miss that point :D

Reactions: Proud_God
Upvote 0
I agree with Mr Moe. Many of old TWI customers wouldn't complain if TWI would said that HoS is going to be the game completely different than RO:O. They said that RO2 will be true successor, game with improved gameplay, not changed completely. If I would know this, I wouldn't buy DDE for 35 euro, but get it from local store for 15 euro and safe money for Battlefield 3, where currently I enjoy public game more than in RO2. Funny fact: in BF3 you run upstairs/uphill slower than in fast-paced-codish RO2 and some other elements feel more slow paced.

A bit of shame that TWI wants to hear (and hopefully follow) our opinion now - not when they were developing RO2. Do you remember when community started discussion about unlocks, lack of sway, arcade elements, unrealistic gameplay, rare weapons (Mkb) and said that those are not going to work and will ruin the game?
But "wider audience" and CoD players were more important than us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0