• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone else noticing the influx of newer players?

Always, always, always get TKd as Russian on roof of A in Grain Elevator even though I always announce "Friendlies on roof of A, don't shoot us off" several times. In one game 3 times in a row by three different team members.
Stalin was right! There are traitors and saboteurs everywhere!

They must have been newbs then. Usually the only people on the upper levels are germans teamkilling people down on the ground*, who are busy teamkilling back :p

*(before downvote, I have much experience in this ;) )

Upvote 0
Yeah, I just bought this game after playing Ostfront for about 2 years, and also watching the forums on RO2 for about a year. Didn't realize it had changed quite a bit, but I got used to it pretty fast. Maybe it was just the server I was on last night, but I didn't see too many TKs last night.

Yeah, just saying if you don't blow the newbies off then they might stay and add valuable members to the community, I personally try to help newbies whenever I can, and sometimes it adds good people, you just never know.

Upvote 0
I always find it amusing when a newbie teammate is shooting at me in the dark, and because of my quicker reflexes and sharper aim I manage to kill him first.

It's a big problem when a teammate makes the first shot and you don't have time to stare through a dark room to identify him, which is only part of why I try to give slack.

But you know, there are tactics you can use to make yourself seem less threatening to your team, like exposing MORE of your body, and looking at them (acknowledging that you know they're there) but not acting upon it. However, raising your sights is a death sentence.

I do take note of times when I make the first shot, miss, yet a teammate doesn't shoot back, or when a teammate doesn't shoot at me despite me behaving ambiguously or threateningly. I appreciate those moments.

Upvote 0
Well, I felt very noobish this weekend. I had three tk's in just one map round when I probably average just one a week.

Yes, I have noticed more new players just by the way they play, not paying attention to cap zones especially on defense. Still, this time I have to say the maturity level didn't seem to drop much if at all from what I usually see when a sale goes on.

So a thumbs up to the new guys :D

I took 2 new players under my wing for a few maps.

Reactions: husbert
Upvote 0
I was playing this weekend and one individual kept asking which key you used to deploy the parachute when you drop or jump. I finally told him after awhile that is was your "use" key but it only worked if you jump from a high area :D

After a few minutes though I had to confess that I was joking and he just said "Why wouldn't anyone just tell me that then?" :p

Upvote 0
I was playing this weekend and one individual kept asking which key you used to deploy the parachute when you drop or jump. I finally told him after awhile that is was your "use" key but it only worked if you jump from a high area :D

After a few minutes though I had to confess that I was joking and he just said "Why wouldn't anyone just tell me that then?" :p

Adele Laughing - YouTube

Reactions: r5cya
Upvote 0
The best players will attempt to assimilate others & reach team synergy, not ostracize them with VOIP instructions that might not make any sense to them right now -- they are just trying not to die 5 seconds after spawning and maybe get in 1 kill.

On the flip side, I'm always happy to answer questions such as ("OK, I'm an MG this round...where do I go? Tell me what to do!"). So, noobs don't be scared by the A-holes -- ask away. There's always good folks on most servers...such as the original poster of this thread, who I'm sure will answer your Qs..

top post mate. I've been guilty of getting frustrated by players too, but I try to not broadcast it... ;)
The more experienced players should be talking more, and naming names in game. Sometimes I try to get individual players to follow me or I get up next to a camper and tell them where I'm going to run so they can follow me forward (and If i die as soon as I'm out of cover, at least they know the run is bad). Most newer players are happy to join in some teamwork if it means they're contributing.

Upvote 0
I'm saying this with as much humor as I can muster to be itellectually honest about the phenomenon. Yes, we've seen the influx. Particularly on our RO1 Danzg server. Our admins are working overtiime to deal with it. I see the disiplinary and ban lists daily.
The volume is breathtaking. We predicted something like this months ago. But we felt at the time that the "behavior" would spike with RO2. Instead, it is mostly noticeable on the RO1 server. The only way I can describe it is to say that December has been like a "banzai" charge of freshly un-crated gibbons. I suppose the school holiday vacation plays a roll, but honestly... Every imaginable form of verbal abuse, play exploit, chronic and willful tk, weapons hi-jacking, and the like has been suffered at unbelievable levels. If our ban list was a prison, we'd be petitioning the state for funds to construct a building expansion. And it has not been simply US folks either. I won't go into details, but we've had some former eastern block groups hard at wok, and in one case, I think an entire clan had to be eighty-sixed. I've never understood why folks would pay for a game license just to work feverishly to get banned on every major server in the universe. It's been brutal. But look at it this way: Like a particularly large and uncomfotable fecal stool, this too shall come to pass. :)

Upvote 0