• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Lt_Kettch;990461 But I really have an academic degree now (even though it is pretty much worthless) :o[/QUOTE said:
You have to start the collection some time or other.
Still learning here, I'm in the middle of a PAO/Printing exercise, (ends at Christmas).
PS is OK...Sending to print is doing my *ucking head in.

Too old for all this syhte.

EDIT: quote don't work, me bad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's weird. Sober I'm often too arrogant when meeting new people, when I'm drunk I always have something with women(like a blonde from budapest on friday) that I most of the times never see again however which is equally unsatisfying. Guess I'll have to shake off that arrogance if I wanna get anywhere.

Upvote 0
That are wise words, my friend. If you're only likable when drunk, you have to work on your sober personality. Which should be relatively easy, as mots people act moer "natural" when drunk, as in they don't put much effort into trying to project a version of themselves that they think is ideal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moyako and Murphy
Upvote 0
If you measure your personality with your success with women you should make sure your results aren't tainted by how drunk the women-subjects in your test-runs are!

In other words, just because a drunk off her arse chick from Budapest cackles at your jokes at 4am doesn't necessarily mean you must have been Prince-effing-Charming that night and you have to concoct a way to carry over some of that magic for the times when you're awkward-Drakon shoeing away girls in the library.:p

Just an alternative perspective, if you don't mind. Rattus has a point too, though.

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
If you measure your personality with your success with women you should make sure your results aren't tainted by how drunk the women-subjects in your test-runs are!

In other words, just because a drunk off her arse chick from Budapest cackles at your jokes at 4am doesn't necessarily mean you must have been Prince-effing-Charming that night and you have to concoct a way to carry over some of that magic for the times when you're awkward-Drakon shoeing away girls in the library.:p

Just an alternative perspective, if you don't mind. Rattus has a point too, though.
Nope, I'm super-awesome when drunk.

Reactions: Nimsky and Murphy
Upvote 0
You know when your PC is failing and you have the side of the case removed, with cables everywhere while you frantically swap memory and stuff -
Do you ever get to that stage when you're weeping as you try to get it going again with it laying on your lap, like a dying child?

And then, the paperclip with eyes appears. You weep for it, beg for it, plead that it lives...but it only says one word on that fading screen.

"Rosebud"

Upvote 0
sorry to consecutive post -
Not necessarily for you but anyone.
Rub chip die and bottom of heatsink with carburetter spray on a lint free cloth, removing all old paste
Rub a small amount of new paste into the contact area of the heatsink, to fill the pits of the metal.
Cut a credit card diagonally to form a point and use it to place a pin head sized blob to a corner of the chip die, then spread it to make a consistent thin film to entire top.

Going by PDFs put out by Artic Silver, I have seen different methods for different types of cpus and for best results, use the method described for yours. I would only use that method above if it is the method they describe for your own cpu. For mine, it gave me a totally different method for spreading it.

To Oldih:

I really would look the correct method for your cpu.

For example, my Core2 Quad Q6600 required me clean it; I used rubbing alcohol as it was an option. Never pour it on! I used a coffee filter because its supposed to be lint free. Then put a small dab in the center of the heatsink and spread it with a credit card to fill in minute lines in the copper face of the heatsink then wipe off the excess with a clean filter, this time using no rubbing alcohol. Then I was to run a thin line of the Arctic Silver along the length of the four cores. Then attach the fan and heatsink according to directions.

Upvote 0
I've heard that ear bud dipped with rubbing alcohol should work fairly well to clean it off after you first use a card\something like that to get rid of the excessive old paste as much as possible. Also I've seen both blob and line technique used in few videos how to apply the paste, should probably study them in more detail until the stores are open and I can get something for the job. The irony is that I knew it perfectly well how it's done, but since I hadn't done it before and finally once I got to the point I was inserting the new cooler I ended up skipping the "remove old paste first properly" (while giggling like a school girl that hey, this isn't as difficult as I imagined it to be) part which is mandatory whenever you're changing the cooler or reapplying new paste or so. :)

But yes I shall look if there's more specific instructions related to my CPU, as much as usually the general thumbrules seems to be fairly universal. Plenty of time to scavenge the internet through until tuesday.

Upvote 0