• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

new map - Ogledow map

Sweeeet - I'll look out for the server, cheers mate :) Is it the one in your sig image? I need to get some tanking practice really, I'm useless at it but really fancy trying to fix that :)

Yes , thats our server. Back running both custom maps. Butovo B2 and Ogledow B4.

Hope to see you in there. Add me on steam if you need any more info.
mgbosshogg

Upvote 0
You'll be happy to know that you can now shoot through bushes in Ogledow Beta 4 -- to be released tomorrow or Friday.

Six, may your name be recorded and remembered in RO history forever more :D Awesome work mate, really impressed with the pace of fixes too. I hope RO2 Ogledow spreads to more public servers soon, and gets the play time it obviously deserves :)

Yes , thats our server. Back running both custom maps. Butovo B2 and Ogledow B4.

Hope to see you in there. Add me on steam if you need any more info.
mgbosshogg

Nice, I'll be sure to check it out - cheers Boss :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also noticed the problem you had, not being able to shoot through or around certain foliage. Cost me a tank on a couple of occasions due to having to give up a really nice location :)

Yes, I remember when we were both fighting each other, when you were playing as WhiteDeath in the Panzer 4. We were right next to the Ogledow village and we were both trying to shoot each other through the bushes :p

You'll be happy to know that you can now shoot through bushes in Ogledow Beta 4 -- to be released tomorrow or Friday.

Here are some of the changes (updating this as I go, so it will be different in a couple of hours.)

You're right. I will be extremely happy, I can't wait!

~Gervaise "Mansfield" Brook-Hampster

Upvote 0
"Mansfield"

Aha, hello mate! :D Sorry, I'd completely forgotten the other player names that were present - concentrating too much on my tanking I think :)

Oh btw - I'm dazman76 in game too, and I was also driving one of the T34's - White Death was actually hunting me down, with The_Beast. Managed to stick it to 'em a few times though! :)

I'll definitely be dropping in again this week time-permitting, so I'll hopefully see you there :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
You are getting the 404 error because Tripwire forum truncates (shortens) the printed part of links. If you copy a link you get the short (incorrect) version. To copy a link, right click on it and choose Copy Shortcut.

That said, please do not repost links to the Ogledow map files, just link to the first page of the Ogledow thread in modding forum. I want to prevent confusion when I update teh map, and that way folks can see the directions for installing when they get the maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are geting the 404 error becaseu Tripwire forum truncates (shortens) the printed part of links. If you copy a link you get the short (incorrect) version. To copy a link, right click on it and choose Copy Shortcut.

That said, please do not repost links to the Ogledow map files, just link to the first page of the Ogledow thread in modding forum. I want to prevent confusion when I update teh map, and that way folks can see the directions for installing when they get the maps.

yes, fair point, sry.:eek:

Upvote 0
Tank-hunter

Tank-hunter

map looks good but till you can fix the weak russain tanks and russain AT the map will suck
as a german AT you can pick off russain tanks at 200m +
as russain AT you cant hurt the german tanks at 1m
the map would be ok if like all the other maps you take off the tanks till they are fixed

You'd better go to Ogledow and practice with the AT rifle. In fact, post here when you do and I'll join you and show you the basics of tank-hunting.

Two German tanks destroyed at 250 meters in these pictures. If you want more examples I'm sure others could fill the thread with screenshots.

Attachments

• Image8.jpg
    Image8.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Image9.jpg
    Image9.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was an amazing game yesterday evening! Thanks to everyone who was there, and of course Six_Ten for making this nice map. I also counted 24 players, did anyone get more than that?

Yep, really awesome games again! :) Very well played by everyone involved. God knows how many times the map restarted, I certainly had no reason to count, I was enjoying myself so much. I did count 29 players at one point, and Six mentioned we hit 30. I spent a good couple of hours tanking away happily, and we had 3+ tanks on each side at some points. Unfortunately due to a combination of unreliable mic and variable bandwidth, I stay away from VoIP unless I'm playing UK/EU servers - so teamwork (for me) was somewhat limited. This meant that Six_Ten got me with sneaky AT grenade kills at least 5 times - funny and frustrating in equal measure :D Every time the cap indicator showed enemies and I couldn't see them, I knew it was Six sizing me up for the kill! Excellent gameplay mechanic. Being in a tank means nothing, when a lack of vision allows a one-nade-kill - love it.

After my disconnect, the teams were uneven so I tried the Panzer for a while. Although they seem at a disadvantage, I think I prefer the T34 - but that's maybe just because I've spent more time in them. The Panzer has much better visibility when not popping out the hatch which I liked, but it didn't help me much :)

I think last night really proved that Ogledow is a great addition to RO2 - I know I'm slightly biased because I didn't play it in RO1, but I really love it. I'm quite new to tanking too, but I'd say Ogledow is better than any of the stock RO2 maps for tanking. There are some great hiding spots, plenty of routes between each cap zone, and wide open areas to tease you out if you need to get somewhere real quickly, taking a gamble :) Which almost always leads to trouble, but it's worth it just for the buzz of having tank shells narrowly missing and landing all around you. Oh yeah - and quite a few flanking opportunities, for when the other side's tanks are dug in and covering well.

Again, awesome work Six_Ten - Ogledow has a bright future in RO2 I'm sure :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0