• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If you like RO2...

I agree with you. That's the uncomfortable truth.

Most of the people that gave you thumbs down aren't doing it for any good reason though. That's why they don't write any argument to it. Because they don't have any.

Jesus we got this okay? Why should we even write down ANY argument when this has been discussed over the last months and in every single thread that is slightly positiv for RO2 someone has to enter it and write the same old things. Oh really Mr. Sherlock Holmes? We don't have every promised feature? The release was broken? Promises were broken? I'm glad you posted it here otherwise I would never have know this. Open up a thread, call it "The uncomfortable truth" and write everything there but can you (and I don't mean especially you, I mean everyone who is doing this) finally stop whining in every other thread, open up your own and If you "don't like RO2" then don't enter this thread. This is getting pathetic.

Upvote 0
but 12 patches since a mid September release just goes to show what a state it was in.

True indeed, but that isn't the only thing it shows, to be fair :) It also shows that TWI are dedicated to fixing the game, BUT they only have a small team. Better to update often and keep a small "scope" for each patch, than over-stretch your resources attempting to create "the one great patch" - which instead of fixing everything you tried to fix, instead creates new issues and increases the complexity of what you have to fix next time. Big teams can create, in a number of weeks, a patch that fixes many problems - but they can also take care of new issues quickly, which TWI obviously struggle with. RO2 is a big undertaking, regardless of the fact that it has UE3 underneath it - it's a very different game to every other UE3 product, and we should remember that TWI have had to do a LOT of their own work because of this.

Note that I'm not disagreeing and I'm also not suggesting RO2's short life so far has gone well - I'm simply conscious of the fact that TWI have been desperately trying to fix this game for us, and in return we should pause before kicking them in the teeth for their efforts :)

Most of the people that gave you thumbs down aren't doing it for any good reason though. That's why they don't write any argument to it. Because they don't have any.

Yes, AND the fact that the "down vote crew" will happily hit that button just because they don't get on with the poster in question due to previous posts and opinions. I'm also in the crosshairs now, because I keep calling them stupid. Which is fine, because I'm enjoying their quaint little game just as much as they are - and as a bonus, I can actually form my thoughts into a post, which they cannot :)

Upvote 0
-> I dont give a sh... on the nighmare of release

-> I dont care about the bugs (for months i couldnt even play 2 rounds without restarting my game/steam and i have a good pc) installing this game at the moment for a last time and hoping the bugs are fixed but the last major patch is about 1 month old so i guess my visit will be very short

-> I dont even care about the small amount of content and splitting huge RO Combined Arms maps to small camping battles

!!! What i care is that this game isnt even semi-hardcore, while playing it, i got the feeling i am playing DoD:S. It is a funny thing that arcade-games like BF3 are a far better simulation than this!!!
And i have played RO1 since it was a UT Mod in Beta state ....

But yes, lets all be happy with that. This game is OK, but it isnt what some developers promised to us and it isnt event comparable to RO1, but yes, be happy it isnt far worse ...

Upvote 0
True indeed, but that isn't the only thing it shows, to be fair :) It also shows that TWI are dedicated to fixing the game, BUT they only have a small team. Better to update often and keep a small "scope" for each patch, than over-stretch your resources attempting to create "the one great patch" - which instead of fixing everything you tried to fix, instead creates new issues and increases the complexity of what you have to fix next time. Big teams can create, in a number of weeks, a patch that fixes many problems - but they can also take care of new issues quickly, which TWI obviously struggle with. RO2 is a big undertaking, regardless of the fact that it has UE3 underneath it - it's a very different game to every other UE3 product, and we should remember that TWI have had to do a LOT of their own work because of this.

Note that I'm not disagreeing and I'm also not suggesting RO2's short life so far has gone well - I'm simply conscious of the fact that TWI have been desperately trying to fix this game for us, and in return we should pause before kicking them in the teeth for their efforts :)

Yes, AND the fact that the "down vote crew" will happily hit that button just because they don't get on with the poster in question due to previous posts and opinions. I'm also in the crosshairs now, because I keep calling them stupid. Which is fine, because I'm enjoying their quaint little game just as much as they are - and as a bonus, I can actually form my thoughts into a post, which they cannot :)

I've given you a thumb's-up, it's Christmas.

Reactions: dazman76
Upvote 0
Sorry, I don't think Tripwire deserve it considering the botched launch, mysterious disappearing features, broken promises, dumbing down, and the way they handeled things in general (mostly RAMM, to be fair).

I hadn't played RO:OST, but thought RO2 looked interesting and heard that TWI were great, well-respected indie PC devs, so I decided to support them by pre-ordering the DDE edition even though I didn't want the extras. That was a mistake.

Keep them negative reps rolling, apologists.

:IS2:

Oh, shut youre mouth and go home! I can

Reactions: LMAOser
Upvote 0