• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Custom ammo levels for default weapons and others

Hello,

Is there a way to set amount of ammunition that each deafult gun have? Is this possible with some kind of mutator?

I'd love to see a realism type mutator, for instance, each mag holds 20, you have 4 mags, if you have 10 rounds left in your mag and reload, that mag goes to the back of your mag amount and you reload from a full/highest remaining, if you reload to that mag again, it will have 10 in it, if you empty a mag, you drop it (so its not in your list of mags.

If people remember Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, it had this system of reloading.

Reactions: Rainydaykid
Upvote 0
I'd love to see a realism type mutator, for instance, each mag holds 20, you have 4 mags, if you have 10 rounds left in your mag and reload, that mag goes to the back of your mag amount and you reload from a full/highest remaining, if you reload to that mag again, it will have 10 in it, if you empty a mag, you drop it (so its not in your list of mags.

If people remember Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, it had this system of reloading.

Also tried a mod while back for some game. (think it was battlefield 2) where you had that sort of reload as you say. with a twist. where you had 2 reload buttons. 1 to reload your gun. 2nd one was if you had 2half full magazines. you could take the bullets from one and over to the other. :p

Upvote 0
there are servers that use per-mag bullet capacity?
if you played on them, then you have the mutator they used to achieve it, in your cache folder.
open the ini and try to guess which files they are (near the bottom), then upload somewhere, then someone can look at the code to see how it's done, then tell you how it is done.

or do you want to manually change the number of bullets in mag / mag count on your server?
you can use set commands, but perks will be disabled until server restart.

Upvote 0
Forget the per-mag bullet capacity idea, it would be nearly impossible to win later waves with this in such a fast paced game like KF. This is not a realistic shooter. At least this is my opinion.

I want to manually set mag count on my server in way that it won't disable perks (im using server perks anyways). I saw something like this on KF Maniacs servers.

Upvote 0
a

a

Forget the per-mag bullet capacity idea, it would be nearly impossible to win later waves with this in such a fast paced game like KF. This is not a realistic shooter. At least this is my opinion.

I want to manually set mag count on my server in way that it won't disable perks (im using server perks anyways). I saw something like this on KF Maniacs servers.

Upvote 0
Also tried a mod while back for some game. (think it was battlefield 2) where you had that sort of reload as you say. with a twist. where you had 2 reload buttons. 1 to reload your gun. 2nd one was if you had 2half full magazines. you could take the bullets from one and over to the other. :p

I'd love to see that :p and maybe if your combining mags, your reload should be longer (to compesate taking the bullets out and putting them in)

KF Realism mod anyone?

Upvote 0
ok since your using serverperks, this should be fine;
login as admin, or using webadmin console, then in console type:
admin set gun-name magcapacity #### -this changes the number of bullets in magazine
admin set gun-nameAmmo maxammo #### - this changes the maximum amount of ammunition.

if you are using webadmin console, then dont use admin in the command.

here's a list of how to use them (from back in the day)
http://bwhgaming.com/forums/m/32322...ommands-level-up-for-free/post/773015#p773015

Last edited:
Reactions: EpharGy
Upvote 0