• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Husk Gun - Why so expensive?

It's quite humorous to see all the opposition to the husk cannon. Frankly, if you consider the flamethrower "better", you either haven't experimented with the husk cannon enough or were using it like a tard. It's quite simple really. The flamethrower eats mobs but requires a stationary position to negate its recoil, has a very long reload, and is useless without ammo guzzling against stronger specimens.

The husk cannon on the other hand, is a spectacular addition to the firebug's arsenal. It has no reload, no movement recoil (can fire it nonchalantly without reducing movement speed), allows for headshots, and most importantly, has a versatile means of altering firepower and ammo consumption. I've literally kited HOE on waves 7-10 with nothing but a husk cannon and a trust MAC. This being said, I've seen some scrubs that literally blow a fully charged load into one clot. I've seen some that overestimate its strength in a fleshie's face. And, regrettably, I've seen some that accidentally hit me with an explosion blast. Needless to say, I killed them. The point remains that some incompetent boobs will never fully grasp the usefulness of this weapon, or how to utilize its assigned niche properly. You all know who you, and if you honestly believe the flamethrower to ultimately be the "better weapon", you're a fool.

Upvote 0
here's the husk gun i modified, just to make it worth the price tag:

added laser sight so u know where it's pointed:
Shot00147.jpg

because the fireballs go where ever you aim (can control them):

tried to show this with screenshots, dont know if it explains it too well.
Shot00154.jpg

i also increased the impactdamage, damageradius, and scaled damage, and knocked the ammo price down a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
That last one is actually a good idea.

The Husk Gun is a pretty neat concept for a firebug. Now he can do more damage to things such as Husks, Scrakes, Fleshpounds and Bloats (although the latter is not an issue for a good FB).

I kind of like the idea that it's a high cost weapon, but it's underpowered. I suggest making the explosion radius slightly larger, even on the 'one-ammo' shots.

Upvote 0
The Best Weapon.

The Best Weapon.

What the hell is happening with you???, believe that every time there is a new pack of weapons, they are going to replace the other??, one of the things what makes Killing Floor an excellent game and much better than Left 4 dead and others, is that, any weapon cannot replace to another, all with advantages and disadvantages.

The Husk Canon, is the best weapon of this update, very fun to use, powerful, versatile, you wanted to replace the Flamethrower??, some beginners and amateurs want to make the game easy and die purchased this lovely weapon.

Learn to play the game, i'm Level 4 Firebug and now with the Husk Canon, defeat the Patriarch for the first time in suicidal only by using the Husk Canon, poor Patriarch, was very abused, is really beautiful use this weapon, you don't know how to use the magnificent weapon, want everything to be easy, i would have liked that the Husk Canon cost 10000

Upvote 0
What the hell is happening with you???, believe that every time there is a new pack of weapons, they are going to replace the other??, one of the things what makes Killing Floor an excellent game and much better than Left 4 dead and others, is that, any weapon cannot replace to another, all with advantages and disadvantages.
That was true some time ago, but the MP7 and Bullpup are now sort of obsolete (only exception being their costs)

Upvote 0
It's expensive because the Damn Trader has to go up to the Husk and rip his arm off without anyone else noticing. How would you like to go through all the trouble of ripping an husk's arm off everytime someone wants to buy it, wasting all of your time and strength? You wouldn't be very happy and you would make it impossible to buy so you can get money for all the of the hard work.

Reactions: Dub and Deafmute
Upvote 0
i would have liked that the Husk Canon cost 10000 € because it is the best weapon in Killing Floor.

You know nothing of this game.

You clearly dont even understand the whole point of this topic. Nobody is trying to make the weapon too powerful, we just simply want the price to correspond its value. TWI could aswell increase the base value for ALL other weapons to fix this, but then the crossbow would have to cost like 8000 without a perk discount to be in par with the husk gun (since crossbow is about two times more useful than the husk gun, which is uhm... 4000 off perk?).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Been a long time since I've been here. Howdy doody. :IS2:

The Husk Gun has serious shortcomings, that much can be agreed upon, but they're not shortcomings that make sense for the apparent purpose of the weapon. Its blast damage is essentially zero, and its impact damage doesn't seem that good. Full charge feels like somewhere around 2 or 2-and-a-half launcher grenades, and it takes like 3-4 seconds to charge up.

The ignite even feels weaker than the flamethrower's for some reason, but maybe it's just my imagination. Headshots don't really justify the weapon's low impact damage, as the recoil on it is horrendous and the sights don't seem to match up to where the fireball is actually going. Aiming for a headshot at anything beyond about 40 feet is a crapshoot.

Some things I feel need to be done about the gun.

1: Treat the impact as grenade damage. The damage against pounds is mediocre at best, which doesn't seem to fit the style of the weapon as a high burst damage alternative to the flamer. Treating it as a grenade would give it bonus damage against pounds without harming the balance relative to anything else.

2. Make charged shots apply bonus damage to the explosion. Blast damage is zero or close to it, and the burn feels weaker than it should. While the fire does kill clots, crawlers, and stalkers in like 2-3 seconds, gorefasts can take 10 seconds or more to die from just the ignite by itself.

3. Fix the sights. Something is wrong with the sights and they don't line up perfectly to the actual path of the shot.

4. Slightly increase base damage for uncharged shots. Right now they're okay for the really weak stuff, but once you get to the gorefasts you MUST get headshots in order to kill them effectively. While I approve this new behavior for Firebugs, which previously only the MAC10 encourage, headshot hitboxes are nothing of not finicky especially for projectiles, and the husk fireball seems to be particularly temperamental when it comes to headshots.

Upvote 0
I think its too early to judge. It's certainly plays different and its usefulness and limitations differ greatly from those of the regular FT.

I see the HuskC as sort of Mac10 on steroids. Firing groups of Zeds can set a few on fire in a single shot, which makes it a very ammo efficient long range weapon.

Its short range capabilities are not on par with the flamer, which can obliterate huge groups of lesser zeds like no other weapon can.

However, the HuskC can do somehing the flamer can't: It can spike damage against a specific target. It allows FB to kill husks without switching weapons AND can even stun/kill scrakes. Shooting at a scrake with the flamer is a big no-no for FBs as its pretty much a garanteed rage. It allows the FB to help againts a raging FP and even take down the patty should you desire to play the final round with it.

Bad (compared to the FT):
> Takes time to kill large groups of zeds in close range
> Less ammo
> Low Rate of fire

Good:
> Can decapitate/benefits from headshots (think bloats)
> Very efficient at long range (as long as you can hit something)
> Never reloads
> Can kill Husks pretty fast
> Gives FB a fighting chance against Scrakes (can stun on headshot)
> Better than the FT agains raging fleshpounds
> Weights less

<Mac10 can headshot bloats, saving ammo for the husk cannon
<true, but the only thing you need to shoot on longrange is a scrake to stun it, you can set others on fire with mac10 too.
<mac10 on full auto

but still, flamer has a long weapon switch time...

Upvote 0
I'm still on the fence on that one. I still cant decide which is better, Bulpup or M4. M4's higher recoil and ROF don't go well with its 26% less clip size, and the "burst fire" bug doesn't help either.

Shoot in Semiauto, then the Bullpup is obviously obsolete. Full-auto is only for panicky emergencies anyway.

*snip* Its blast damage is essentially zero, and its impact damage doesn't seem that good. Full charge feels like somewhere around 2 or 2-and-a-half launcher grenades, and it takes like 3-4 seconds to charge up. *snip*
By "blast" damage i assume you mean the initial area of effect damage? Yes it is abyssmaly low, but i think the reason TWI made it like this is because they, for some reason, insist on the initial damage (both the one on the target itself and the aoe-damage) not scaling with Firebug levels, nor grant damage-experience for the perk. (Why? :confused:)
If they made it scale and grant experience, then it could be improved a lot in its area effect(iveness :p).

And the other point: The full charge is weak you think? It can stun a Scrake offperk! Afaik, it deals 750 damage for a full charge. which is quite a lot really. Imo, it is too strong offperked. It should be more like 600 offperk, and let it scale with Firebug level (which equals to 960 damage at level 6). Then its charge-up is worth it for the Firebug.

The energy used should go down to 5 (or at least charge up a bit faster), i also agreed with others saying that. A single non-charged shot should also scale down accordingly, so it would deal more damage (50 to 80-ish (depending on max charge being 5 or 10), rather than its current lowly ONE damage!), meaning it's better at taking out the trash :cool:

Even when doing all that, the cost of the cannon needs to go down anyway, to something like 2500 or 3000, to make it worthwhile either way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Obsolete??.

Obsolete??.

That was true some time ago, but the MP7 and Bullpup are now sort of obsolete (only exception being their costs)

The MP5 takes around two more seconds to recharge that the MP7, two seconds important to survive, more precision and more faster, so the MP7 cannot be "obsolete", now the Field Medic has 2 weapons of its own Perk.

The Bullpup is the most efficient weapon of the Commando, has much more precision that an AK47, SCAR and M4, almost nothing of recoil, many bullets, and it is perfect for headshots.

You know nothing of this game.

You clearly dont even understand the whole point of this topic. Nobody is trying to make the weapon too powerful, we just simply want the price to correspond its value. TWI could aswell increase the base value for ALL other weapons to fix this, but then the crossbow would have to cost like 8000 without a perk discount to be in par with the husk gun (since crossbow is about two times more useful than the husk gun, which is uhm... 4000 off perk?).

You talk about the balance of the price of the weapons according to their utility??, because you wanted the Husk Gun cost less??, not enough with the discount of Perk "Firebug".

If you're not a Firebug, why you want a Husk Gun???, you don't have other weapons amazing of your Perk to fill the 14 free spaces???.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The bullpup is very much not obsolete. I still sometimes choose to buy it over the M4. Absolute headshot machine, good mag capacity, dirt cheap, hardly any recoil.

I have little else to add to this topic because my Firebug is level 1 but I felt the need to come to my bullpup's defense.

Upvote 0