• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

• Realism Mode: No unlocks/upgrades

Votes: 116 10.8%
  • Realism Mode: More changes to game play in this mode (sway/speed/fatigue, ie: More realistic)

Votes: 511 47.6%
  • UI: Improved Commander system (removing arty targets from map, more )

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • UI: Improved notifications (pop up vote system, visual/audio feedback of votes, more)

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • General: Enhanced Game play (work on spawn systems/protection/game modes)

Votes: 95 8.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Coop

Votes: 35 3.3%
  • Missed launch functionality: Online Campaign

Votes: 52 4.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Additional Clan/Server/Client Functionality

Votes: 27 2.5%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Bleeding, bandaging

Votes: 33 3.1%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Limb Deactivation on Damage

Votes: 50 4.7%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Improved squad system (interface, functionality)

Votes: 83 7.7%
  • Tanks: Reduced max tank limit (Improved tank stability/functionality and additional map content)

Votes: 55 5.1%

• Total voters
Voted for more realism. But if sdk was up there I would have voted for that instead and performance like ping problems etc.

I agree with ya on that ^^

In order to have realism, we need ping issues fixed, latency compensation added, and hit detection improved.. then it will be more "Realistic".

This will fix or at least improve the unrealistic rubber banding, hits not registering, and lag

Last edited:
Upvote 0
whinge: counter whinge. Isnt 6 months of this enough, lets all grow up, move on and focus on how to improve the gameplay experience of the game how it is now.:mad:

Yeah, sure. I've heard a lot of people making fair arguments, stating what they dont like, and good communications going both ways. Just to some people this all comes off as whining, usually because they disagree with the persons arguments, or they are incapable of comprehending debate and internet togetherness.

Now to read Praxy's post...

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
I would hope a more realistic hardcore mode would scrap the stats.

I hate games making me feel like I "have" to play in order to get weapon handling benefits. It turns every game into a chore.

Same here. It feels as if the focus of every match is now centered on doing the best I can for shiny things instead of the satisfaction of winning a hard-fought round. I understand your reasoning behind upgrades and unlocks Tripwire, and I'm sure it could help new people get into the game, but as for myself, I don't need upgrades and unlocks to feel satisfied after the end of a round, and I'm sure many veteran players who stuck with RO1 for so long don't either. Not to say it should be removed, but taking it out of Realism Mode would definitely be a good idea.

Upvote 0
Yeah, sure. I've heard a lot of people making fair arguments, stating what they dont like, and good communications going both ways. Just to some people this all comes off as whining, usually because they disagree with the persons arguments, or they are incapable of comprehending debate and internet togetherness.

Now to read Praxy's post...

I'm all for bouncing ideas around & agreeing/disagreeing on what should be done to RO2 or any other game for that matter..... but when it comes to people attacking Tripwire by pulling out assumptions & accusations on why things aren't to that person's satisfaction and demanding that they shouldn't be able to spend time with their families over the holidays, but bend over backwards over the holidays so those self-entitled people can have a few extra things to play with & entertain their short attention span.... they're going to get called on it.

Upvote 0
i find it funny how people are disliking Yoshiros posts about updates.............:rolleyes:

Because they are focusing on the wrong issues. The Core Foundation should be fixed first.

The issues that need to be fixed first are:
Ping Issues, so we can play the game smoothly without all this terrible lag (Especially 64 player servers)
Latency Compensation, so when we shoot at a target, it actually hits where you aim
Hit Detection, so when you shoot a target it does it actually registers and does damage

Then:
SDK

After that:
All the rest of the gameplay changes

Upvote 0
No, if you don't like a game you complain, leaving the game wont really help the developers themself, nor anyone else. The reason why games improve is because of feedback. If you remove the feedback the developers will stand in a corner scratching their head and wondering what went wrong. The same thing applies to if you like a game. Then you should say that. But a lot of people seems to think It's perfectly fine to praise a game, but complaining, no, no, because that's boring and repetetive, and we don't want to be negative.

Because you all know that vast majority of all the longterm players in RO2 is either registered or will register here. It's not the ''random'' folks who have kept RO OST alive for so long. It's dedicated fans of the series. These are the ones who will improve this game.

It's the fanbase that stick with the game in the end. Then you have the people that bought the game, play it, dump it, and the people who illegaly downloaded the game in order to play it for a while and dump it.

Comparing a game to a movie is quite diffrent. First off, buying a movie is a lot cheaper than buying a game. Not only that, but most movies can be rented, which isn't always the case with games. At least not where I live.

Second, if you would create a movie, and say It's in HD, tell everyone that Leonardo DiCaprio is in it, and then when it is released, this isn't in it. Well, then you would most likely take a hit because of false marketing.

It's obvious that you can mislead people in the gaming community a lot easier than in movies. Just look at OFP Dragon Rising. People were promised 220 sq km of open world, ability to drive any vehicles, Multiplayer.. and when the game was released there was a 220 sq km map - with a limit of how far you could go, and the multiplayer was totally broken, and you couldn't drive all vehicles. Then the support was dropped. The only reason the game sold 1.2 million copies was because of lies and misleading and when people realized this, almost none of them bought the next installment red river, which ended up with struggling to sell even 100,000 copies in the EU.

I simply don't believe in people who think that the Devs shouldn't ask people what they think on this board. I don't believe that gaming companies has the right to do what they want with the game unless it becomes cristal clear to the public what they're doing. Especially NOT when you're aiming a game at a small niche community. For COD it doesn't matter if they loose 2-3k players. For TWI it's quite serious.

But most people argue like this. It's the very same people who buy DLCs and map packs to COD, because they're ''cheap'' despite the fact that they're overpriced compared to the content, the companies economy, but most of all the time and money it takes to develop it. So obviously the company start doing this because it works.

I think people should applaud TWI for the fact that they're asking this instead of saying that they should turn away and do the opposite.
Because if they don't deliver what the current players want don't expect many people to play RO2 in one or two years. And don't expect more people to buy a potential RO3 unless TWI makes it to a full-blown arcade game to compete with COD and BF.

The game need a proper hardcore mode and that's about it.

Upvote 0
My Top 3 (too bad you could only vote for one item on the list):

1. Realism Mode: More changes to game play in this mode (sway/speed/fatigue, ie: More realistic). Oh yes, this!

2. Changed/Improved Features: Bleeding, bandaging. This needs improvement. Bleeding ought to have longer bleed out times in addition to the current quite fast bleed out times (i.e. make it more variable). Bandaging should take a lot longer and not nullify (insta-heal) the wound, there should be lasting effects from the wound, i.e. lessened performance (see below).

3. Changed/Improved Features: Limb Deactivation on Damage. This would be great. Any damage/wound that does not kill you outright should result in lessened performance if not complete crippling. E.g. leg wounds slow you down (make crouching down, standing up slower too), arm wounds increase sway/lessen throwing accuracy (and increase weapon reloading times), etc. etc. Plus all wounds should make you fatigue a lot faster (no more sprinting around etc.).

Upvote 0
I couldn't actually vote for anything on your list...

Why? Because they should of all been there in the game in the first place when it was released, now some 3 months later you are asking which parts of the game we already paid for do we want you to work on.

You cannot imagine my disappointment when I read the OP, this game is suffering badly, and to be frank it deserves to be struggling because it has become boring and old very quick.

If you want to know what to do, DO EVERYTHING on that list, and get it done QUICK, I have been the strongest supporter of this game within my clan, I realised that the opportunities for clans to have a FPS that was designed for the PC were becoming more and more limited, but it makes no difference any more, our servers have died because there is just no variety in the game, its dull it needs new maps, it needs new game types, and 3 months after release it should already have the things that were promised before release.

I was hoping to go back to my clan and say hey looks what's coming out, look what they have given us as a xmas present, now all I can do is go back and tell my clan that TWI gave us a big FU for xmas, we cant even try and fix this ourselves because you haven't released the f'n SDK AGAIN

Upvote 0
[...]
I was hoping to go back to my clan and say hey looks what's coming out, look what they have given us as a xmas present, now all I can do is go back and tell my clan that TWI gave us a big FU for xmas, we cant even try and fix this ourselves because you haven't released the f'n SDK AGAIN

Grow up, your acting like a little child.

Reactions: DarkHunt3r
Upvote 0
I am new to RO, sure there are still a few things that need to be cleaned up, but hey every game I have ever owned has had issues on release. Now Tripwire seem to be passionate about pleasing everyone, so to you guys whinging give the the devs a break and let them do there stuff, and if you still don't like the game "go forth and multiply" and leave those of us that appreciate the work done to enjoy the game...

Happy Christmas one and all...!!!!!! (even the whingers lol)

Upvote 0
Grow up, your acting like a little child.

Was I speaking to you? Moron

And in what way am I acting like a child? Because I have an opinion that does not match yours? Because I am in a clan of nearly 70 people who have all more or less given up on this game? Because I expect to get what was promised and PAID for?

Upvote 0