• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is it not kindof boring?

Unless you want to play as a full berserker team, camping is pretty much required on HoE difficulty, depending on the map. If its something open like Mountain Pass then it doesnt rly matter what you do and youll win, but something as closed as Biotics Lab will end up in a rape if people just run where-ever they feel like.

Nowdays playing as Berserkers is considered a noobs strategy so a lot of people try to avoid it :)
I'm not against camping. You have to camp to survive in KF, but the fact that you camp only one doorway with your team and shoot every Zed makes it kindof boring for me.

The maps were made so that Zeds would come from different directions at you on nearly all locations, but since Zeds wont spawn behind welded doors for some reason players keep camping one doorway.

It's like whack-the-mole with only one hole...

Upvote 0
I hate the level "Departed".

It looks freaking great and could be awesome if not for the cheese spot.
You all know the one...
KF is boring when camping spots like these. It's much more fun camping spots where there are 2-3 entrances. Like a few days ago we were camping the basement in Departed and it worked fine on HoE (except all the *****es got stuck in the nearby spawning room).

Upvote 0
KF is boring when camping spots like these. It's much more fun camping spots where there are 2-3 entrances. Like a few days ago we were camping the basement in Departed and it worked fine on HoE (except all the *****es got stuck in the nearby spawning room).

Had the same thing happen with the spawns and them getting stuck in the basement camp spot.
It was HoE as well and we had four supports and two sharps.
Worked awesome and was interesting spot to me to play since at least we were split up between the two main entrances.
Almost lost both of the entrances a couple times and barely saved a fellow support from a fleshpounding with him barely having 5 health left.
It was a good game and everyone lived happily ever after, except for Evil Santa
who got a AA12 enema at the end.

Upvote 0
I have found that running around like a spaz tends to get people killed.

The reason I like to try to barricade with my friends is that it makes the
flow specimens a bit more manageable at higher difficulties.

It is "easier" in the first couple of waves, but gets very hectic very easily
if anything goes wrong. And believe me, it can go HORRIBLY wrong
sometimes. :D

That is usually when my team has to think of a backup strategy very quickly
and look for another position to hold until things cool down.
The best word to describe it would be "chaos".
But I still prefer it over this so-called "kiting" where you run away from 32
specimens and kill them one at a time and then kill the next one jumping at
you from the front.

I do understand it is a matter of preference, and everyone has their own
(I should know that well enough). I and my friends play one way, some like it the other way, and I am fine with that. :)

P.S. What is this spot at Departed you are referring to? I haven't run into anything like that myself, but then again, I have played it maybe a half a dozen times.

Upvote 0
I agree with the OP that it becomes really boring when you cheese the spawn routes through one door. I've been in games like this and I end up watching the telly, mouse hand fixed at the doorway, randomly clicking.

No offense meant to those who enjoy playing like that, of course. It's normal behavior to try and find ways to win. For example, I love to kite, and I know not to kill more than 10 zeds at a time while doing this so as not to cause a huge spawn dump out in front of me. In this way you can solo most HoE maps no prob (granted you know how to isolate FP's and solo them too); this is a form of cheesing the mechanics as well.

One has to admit though, keeping your mouse at head level, on one door, never having to move, gets pretty boring after the nth time.. but to each his own.

Upvote 0
actually, camping becomes a lot more predominant on high difficulties, where the average team can be wiped out by a seemingly small risk, and moving around leads to any a risk indeed.

suicidal is a nice difficulty for conventional weapons (ie non melee) without feeling that you have to stay put cos the slightest error will ruin the team (like HoE)

That said i still like playing HoE camping. I like berker running too but anything less than HoE and it's probably too easy when you're taking it seriously.

I'd like to see a gamemode where you carry a greatly reduced amount of ammo, and ammo boxes spawn all different parts of the map to force teams to move about to replenish.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see a gamemode where you carry a greatly reduced amount of ammo, and ammo boxes spawn all different parts of the map to force teams to move about to replenish.
Good idea! I might mod something like this :) How about everyone in the team receives ammo when someone picks up an ammo box? Or you get ammo relative to your walking distance... but then again anyone could just run around in a room >_<

Upvote 0
suicidal is a nice difficulty for conventional weapons (ie non melee) without feeling that you have to stay put cos the slightest error will ruin the team (like HoE)

I enjoy suicidal when I am having a beer or drinking coffee. It is just relaxing enough that I finish my coffee before it gets cold, and I can play at a slow pace and enjoy myself.

Upvote 0
So am I considered a noob because I enjoy playing as a zerker in higher difficulties? :confused:

Not perce', its just HoE Berserking is easier than any other class, so players who consider themselves skilled enough to play HoE will actively avoid Berserker because... well its just kinda lame.

It's like using claymores in COD4, the Sawed Off Shotgun in Gears Of War 3, or for a RL example, scoring a goal in football while a player is currently down injured, but the game hasn't been halted.

Its not against the rules, its just unsporting :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good idea! I might mod something like this :) How about everyone in the team receives ammo when someone picks up an ammo box? Or you get ammo relative to your walking distance... but then again anyone could just run around in a room >_<

Make a game with longer waves less/no trader where ammo/weapon dumps appear at points in the map indicated by the trader path/arrow.
Code them so they can attract and get attacked by specimens too - as they receive damage the amount of ammo they yield reduces so you have to get going when one gets 'dropped' in.

Upvote 0
It's like whack-the-mole with only one hole...

LOL good point. Yeah I do understand what you mean, it does get boring with only one hallway because you dont rly even require 6 players to hold it, in some games we've even had like 3 players fooling around in background while the 3 others were holding down the position by themselves without too much trouble.

But still its good we have different maps, some are harder some easier. Try picking the harder ones so it doesnt get so boring (ie. IceCave, Hospital, Icebreaker)

So am I considered a noob because I enjoy playing as a zerker in higher difficulties? :confused:

Not perce', its just HoE Berserking is easier than any other class, so players who consider themselves skilled enough to play HoE will actively avoid Berserker because... well its just kinda lame.

It's like using claymores in COD4, the Sawed Off Shotgun in Gears Of War 3, or for a RL example, scoring a goal in football while a player is currently down injured, but the game hasn't been halted.

Its not against the rules, its just unsporting :)

Pretty much what Jester said. Using berserker is just generally avoided because its considered the easy way out, so basically anyone using it will most likely be considered less skilled. Thats not necessarily the case, but thats just how it looks like to anyone who knows how powerful this perk can be in the right hands.

To continue Jesters list, it would be like using AWP in Counter Strike. (altho personally Ive played CS maybe 3 hours total in my entire life so Im hardly an expert in that field.. This is just what Ive heard.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0