• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons on the ground now vanish between rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest problem with the weapons change is that on some maps players will have to choose either going to the trader for Kevlar, and if they have enough cash, their top tier weapon, if not then a lower tier weapon, or getting thier dropped weapon and no Kevlar. I feel it is also going to cause many players to keep their cash for themselves in the event they get killed and have to completely resupply due to disapearing weapons.

Good. Having to husband resources in a good thing. Having to run around and scavenge and recover weapons is a good thing. People so used to begging don't do such things. I've seen people run past spawned weapons and ammo and go straight to the trader while begging the entire time.

You do realize that you are arguing that every player should always have kevlar and a top tiered weapon no matter how well they play, don't you? If someone plays better then they get more toys.

Upvote 0
Stockpiling weapons is cheating. CHEATING.
stockpiling = cheating? lol?
If someone plays better then they get more toys.
and if they play even better they stockpile their toys. well that wont work anymore.
those 2 comments bite each other. :D

well anyway, we just tryed some rounds with brute.

1st manor: was tight on wave 8 and 9 but worked. wave 10 we died because every one was out of ammo. 2 bad that there where 2 scrakes and a brute left in the last 30.

2nd foundry: was tight again on wave 8 and 9. wave 10, 1 of 2 snipers and 2 of 4 supps were out of ammo. but 4 survived and we finished the map.

so ok its doable, but for me the fun is a bit down. i didnt spray and prey when i had a spare gun, but to be aware this much of ammo is no fun.
the sniper doesnt have enough bolts on maps were he needs to kill husk and scrakes, in my opinion.

i had a thought on foundry where i was thinking on a tactical death, to supply my team with a fresh gun. that damn nade bug actually did the choice for me that game. and it seemed to be a winner, cause that gun was needed.
maybe worth a new achievement? sacrifice yourself to resupply your team. ;)

well i hope something will happen in near future, cause like this the game isnt fun like it used to be for me. almost have 1000h played, maybe its time to move on.

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
Good. Having to husband resources in a good thing. Having to run around and scavenge and recover weapons is a good thing. People so used to begging don't do such things. I've seen people run past spawned weapons and ammo and go straight to the trader while begging the entire time.

You do realize that you are arguing that every player should always have kevlar and a top tiered weapon no matter how well they play, don't you? If someone plays better then they get more toys.

It is a coop game, therefore players should always help their team mates. Better to have a player with an effective weapon and Kevlar, than a player with nothing. At least if he has a good weapon then he will take a few Zeds with him, and if he does die, then maybe he will drop his weapon allowing others to use it if needed.

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
What do you care and why does it affect your desire to play? If the claymore is the axe then what does it matter and are you really getting upset about a model? I could see someone complaining about unbalancing by adding a grenade launcher to a rifle but to complain about a model that you just don't happen to like? It reeks of ungratefulness. If you don't like the new toys, then don't use them. You'll be playing the same game as a week ago. Problem solved.

See post #36.

I'm pretty sure that TWI, or any company for that matter wants to hear from both sides, not simply the happy customers. If all they see is the happy customer comments, and the less than happy customers remain silent, then all they are getting is a one sided view.

I have customer comment cards at my buisness, and the ones with negative comments are what helps me improve things, the ones with all positive comments normaly go in the trash.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My only grievance with the change is that sometimes, if I died very far away from the trader, I would head to the shop and recover everything else, then collect the dropped weapon and use it with however much ammo it had left. However, in practice that can be remedied easily enough just by asking the survivors to cart your weapon to the shop for you before finishing the wave. As far as removing stockpiling is concerned, I'm all for it.

To all the excuses trying to justify stockpiling, my response is always the same: Bad teams deserve to lose. If a team needs stockpiled weapons just to get by then it's because, for whatever reason, that team isn't good enough to cope with the intended ammo limits, and therefore it should fail. Yes, I'm well aware that the average pub team is terrible, but I don't care - the people in it are not entitled to victories they haven't earned. Bad luck.

Upvote 0
To all the excuses trying to justify stockpiling, my response is always the same: Bad teams deserve to lose. If a team needs stockpiled weapons just to get by then it's because, for whatever reason, that team isn't good enough to cope with the intended ammo limits, and therefore it should fail. Yes, I'm well aware that the average pub team is terrible, but I don't care - the people in it are not entitled to victories they haven't earned. Bad luck.
Thank you for saying what most of us think. They gave you a reason of why they do this and you still complain? Grow up and let the devs to there work to suit EVERYONE and not individuals who rather take easy routes to win. Play the game how it's ment to be played.

Upvote 0
It is a coop game, therefore players should always help their team mates. Better to have a player with an effective weapon and Kevlar, than a player with nothing. At least if he has a good weapon then he will take a few Zeds with him, and if he does die, then maybe he will drop his weapon allowing others to use it if needed.

Players spawn with weapons so unless there is a very rare glitch every player will have a weapon and nades. I understand your point and people should give money with they can. But there should be a consequence to dying.

See post #36.

I'm pretty sure that TWI, or any company for that matter wants to hear from both sides, not simply the happy customers. If all they see is the happy customer comments, and the less than happy customers remain silent, then all they are getting is a one sided view.

But your not really giving them any info or options when your stated position is "These changes are not welcome by me, and have removed much of my desire to continue playing." Do you expect them to immediately change everything just so you desire to play the game more? I don't like that the zerker is OP. But I can't do anything about it. So I give my opinion on it, but the bottom line is I either have to accept it and play with it or play something else.

Upvote 0
Gameplay wise, getting rid of stockpiling has been interesting and I think positive overall. It doesn't make a lot of sense physically why the weapons disappear but it does bring a lot of balance and challenge.

It also makes the LAW even LESS useful. On rare occasions I would stockpile a grenade launcher and buy a LAW. No more of that...crappy worthless LAW.

Does this new change to the way weapons load into RAM contribute to the frequent stutters during gameplay or is that just the Christmas Zeds?

Upvote 0
Players spawn with weapons so unless there is a very rare glitch every player will have a weapon and nades. I understand your point and people should give money with they can. But there should be a consequence to dying.

But your not really giving them any info or options when your stated position is "These changes are not welcome by me, and have removed much of my desire to continue playing." Do you expect them to immediately change everything just so you desire to play the game more? I don't like that the zerker is OP. But I can't do anything about it. So I give my opinion on it, but the bottom line is I either have to accept it and play with it or play something else.

In several of my posts I gave suggestions for other weapons, and stated why I did not like the new additions. look back at the post where I quoted Spicey, it's all in there.

No, I do not expect them to change everything, my post was to let them know that not everyone is happy with the new changes.

Yes, you do not like the zerker class, but, you have posted repeatedly about it, just as you have posted repeatedly about stocking weapons. So in the end, we are both doing the same thing, which is voicing our displeasure with certain aspects of the game.

I guess in the end KF has given me all the enjoyment it can, and it's now time to put it on the shelf and move on to something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: sph34r
Upvote 0
Stockpiling weapons is cheating. CHEATING. Pure and simple.

TWI made a fundamental decision on how to handle ammo. Personally, I think they made the wrong decision, but it was decided that the ammo is attached to the weapon. This was made TO MAKE THE GAME EASIER. Got that? To make the game easier so when a team gets wiped out, a few players can pick up fully or close to fully loaded weapons to kill the rest of the specimens.

Everyone got that? TWI decided to make the game easier by attaching ammo to the weapons to survivors have more ammo. This is how a bullpup on the deck holds hundreds of rounds. This is how a shotgun holds scores of rounds. And so on.

Someone buying "a few" extra weapons so they can spam fire the entire round is cheating. Pure and simple. Those players give lots of excuses. Noobs join. The players I play with suck and I need to kill all the specimens all of the time. Public server. Players join with low levels to raise their perks so I need to do all of the killing. And so on.

If each weapon held the maximum single load of that weapon, I wouldn't be against stockpiling weapons. People could then load up on as much ammo as they wanted to carry, whether they had the weapon or not. Of course, carry extra ammo would have to affect a player's speed.

The game wasn't designed for players to have a couple thousand rounds each wave. Or a couple hundred xbow bolts. Or a hundred rockets. Or a dozen fuel canisters. And so on.

What is funny is hearing about the players complaining the game is harder now. Well, if they hadn't learned how to play the game by spamming every weapon, every wave then they would know that there is plenty of ammo in the game.

Stockpiling is cheating and poor players need it. Thank you TWI for removing it.

So obliviously your an elitest fanboy who only plays on private servers with the same people every time.

yeah that would make it easy with default ammo, but trying to do this on a public server with people who are still learning is much different.

don't think your some hotshot who is the best in the world at everything cause to me you seem to be nothing but an ignorant stuck up player.

Please when you decided to try to belittle someone, use a bit more common scene instead of just ranting.

Personally I think that imposing weapon removal is dumb and many agree, but i can understand some not agreeing.

Upvote 0
Yes, you do not like the zerker class, but, you have posted repeatedly about it, just as you have posted repeatedly about stocking weapons. So in the end, we are both doing the same thing, which is voicing our displeasure with certain aspects of the game.

I guess in the end KF has given me all the enjoyment it can, and it's now time to put it on the shelf and move on to something else.

I don't like the zerker being OP, not the zerker class. Your last sentence was my point. If you're just firing a parting shot why should they consider your opinion? Don't get me wrong. If you really don't like the game or want to stop playing, that's cool. But if you say your quitting then your words are nothing more than a parting shot.

Upvote 0
So obliviously your an elitest fanboy who only plays on private servers with the same people every time.

yeah that would make it easy with default ammo, but trying to do this on a public server with people who are still learning is much different.

don't think your some hotshot who is the best in the world at everything cause to me you seem to be nothing but an ignorant stuck up player.

Please when you decided to try to belittle someone, use a bit more common scene instead of just ranting.

Personally I think that imposing weapon removal is dumb and many agree, but i can understand some not agreeing.

That's me. A fanboy who plays on private servers. Sorry. Elitist fanboy who plays only on private servers. There is plenty of ammo in the game now. There is plenty of money in the game now. Stockpiling weapons is cheating.

Upvote 0
That's me. A fanboy who plays on private servers. Sorry. Elitist fanboy who plays only on private servers. There is plenty of ammo in the game now. There is plenty of money in the game now. Stockpiling weapons is cheating.
I must admit nutterbutter is completely right in my eyes. Stockpiling is pretty much cheating the system to having so much more then you should have.

Upvote 0
You are abusing a game mechanic, using it in a way it wasn't intended to.

The devs clearly feel stockpiling goes against the rules and its their right to remove it.

I could be wrong but I don't think that was the whole intention, as it has been a part of the game since day dot.

The main reason they did this, is so all weapon packages are not loaded into memory at the same time, which will cure a lot of lag for some of the players that have low spec rigs.

on the stockpiling thing, I have never done it but if you have the money and have earned enough to buy those weapons, then you can do with them, whatever you please.
I wouldn't count it as cheating, rather using your initiative to survive a game.

However, if you are part of a team, wouldn't it be better to give the money to someone else, so everyone has more chance of surviving?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are abusing a game mechanic, using it in a way it wasn't intended to.
I don't understand the logic in this. If I stockpile in a private server where you're not playing, why should you care? The argument of "it makes the game easier" is silly because it implies that there's an obligatory level of difficulty that must be achieved before you're allowed to play the game. No, the only thing you need to do before being allowed to play the game is to buy it.

Does it physically or emotionally bother you that people play a videogame in a way not intended by the developers?

The devs clearly feel stockpiling goes against the rules and its their right to remove it.
Why did you write this? I didn't say anywhere that TWI doesn't have the right to patch KF, I said that I personally don't agree with their change in this case.

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
I don't stockpile, I actually find it annoying.... but until somebody from Tripwire says it's cheating, it's not cheating... especially when they allow to to go on for years when they have a trackrecord of fixing bugs and glitches that were never intended.

And since it's accidentally been taken out of the game, I no longer care.

Upvote 0
I could be wrong but I don't think that was the whole intention, as it has been a part of the game since day dot.

The main reason they did this, is so all weapon packages are not loaded into memory at the same time, which will cure a lot of lag for some of the players that have low spec rigs.

I'm commenting only on the assumption that it has nothing to do with lag, ram or any other specs or network issues. It could be performance related but i personally don't know.

My comment in it being an abuse of a game mechanic in an unintended fashion comes from another game i used to play which had a "feature", which was part for the game since day one, but eventually was patched away after several months.

In L4D, people realised that hunters which where on fire dealt fire damage to survivors. At first it was gimmicky, but it later became the prime hunter tactic. Hunters would set themselves on fire intentionally on environment fires (like flaming oildrums) before pouncing on the survivors. This was eventually patched away, and flaming hunters lit with environment fires would no longer cause fire damage to survivors. Thousands of users complained but it was never patched back. Many believed it was a balancing issue but i don't. Probably, Valve's idea of how the infected SHOULD be played is not relying on setting yourself on fire and burning the survivors along with yourself.

Does stockpiling make sense from a gameplay and realism point of view? Yes

Does it make the game easier? Yes

Does it break the balancing imposed by ammo and weight limitations? i don't know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.