• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Educated guess on the new map/maps

I recall TWI saying that "soon" they'd make a Leningrad-style map for RO2.

Not sure about the source, so don't get your hopes too high. Of course, its probably too late.

Oh God, I ****ing hate Leningrad. It seemed that no matter how good a Soviet team was the Germans would just completly steamroll trough the map and camp Panzers on each side of the bridge.

Upvote 0
i'd really like to see this as a map:
Mamayev_Kurgan.jpg

it's the mamajev-hill at the border of stalingrad, where some serious fighting took place. i think the statue and stuff were built after the war.
but it would be a good candidate for an open-field map, with barbed wire and trenches. and it would fit the stalingrad theme perfectly, without close quarter action.
edit: found a pic how it looked after the battle:
stalingrad-zerstoerung081.jpg

i found it here.there are several pics that show how much love to detail twi put into the maps, like grain elevator and station.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Something like Ponyri or Sevastopol might be nice - open spaces, terrain height variation, dug-in defences - they were good fun, if I remember correctly :) They probably represent what most people see as "proper RO gameplay"?

Also (although it's more of the urban theme that we currently have) I remember Warsaw being fairly good fun, although I always seemed to pick a rubbish spot to attempt the town square cap :) Mind you, I seem to remember the nades going for miles in RO:CA, so maybe with the RO2 nades the town square would be more approachable.

And... Berlin, from RO:CA! :D Purely because it'd be nostalgic as hell - although I do remember people telling me at the time, that they hated it. I always rather enjoyed it, as the caps seemed to be nicely located for fairly intense to-and-fro street fighting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0