• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Flareguns

----- snip -----

I have no doubt a flare would incapacitate someone, i very much doubt anyone would shrug off burns like that and continue fighting, they would be out of the fight.

Truth be known, many were killed outright when shot in the torso with a flare gun. Even today, it still happens in the Southern Hemisphere Drug Wars.

Reactions: Placebo Cyanide
Upvote 0
----- snip -----

I have no doubt a flare would incapacitate someone, i very much doubt anyone would shrug off burns like that and continue fighting, they would be out of the fight.

Truth be known, many were killed outright when shot in the torso with a flare gun. Even today, it still happens in the American Southern Hemisphere Drug Wars.

Upvote 0
Truth be known, many were killed outright when shot in the torso with a flare gun. Even today, it still happens in the American Southern Hemisphere Drug Wars.

Correct, who is the fool who gave this man a negative?

For example, at the outskirts of Caen, a Canadian NCO who was out of ammo completly, was trapped inside a room surrounded by germans. He grabbed his Very flaregun and started to shoot at the advancing germans! In the end, the germans allowed him to retreat if he stopped firing his flaregun at them :D

Upvote 0
For example, at the outskirts of Caen, a Canadian NCO who was out of ammo completly, was trapped inside a room surrounded by germans. He grabbed his Very flaregun and started to shoot at the advancing germans! In the end, the germans allowed him to retreat if he stopped firing his flaregun at them :D

Well, too bad he wasn't armed with a real gun then, who knows, he could have won the battle all on his own. And if he had a grenade as well, he might have been able to get the whole of the German army to capitulate.

Upvote 0
Well, too bad he wasn't armed with a real gun then, who knows, he could have won the battle all on his own. And if he had a grenade as well, he might have been able to get the whole of the German army to capitulate.

Perhaps, problem was the German ratte super-heavy tanks where out of commision that day. The NCO was also armed with regular illumination flares, not the Lumberjack commando developed tactical Nuclear flare

Upvote 0
Do you?

Compared to real weapons flare guns are in any case relatively harmless. Projectile is similar to what you have in normal fireworks: it is not designed to do damage, but to illuminate. If it hits something solid it breaks up in pieces quite unlike a bullet does. It's muzzle velocity is a fraction of v0 of a relatively weak pistol bullet, nevermind rifle rounds.

Flare gun is not a weapon, it is a signaling and illumination device. It really doesn't work as a weapon.

Upvote 0
I remember seeing in a movie once, a commander ordered his men to 'fire high explosives and flares at the approaching enemy.'

Flares are probably a decent form of disorientation, illumination, but as people have said, none of the maps are really dark enough to exploit this feature. It'd be nice, but I doubt we'll see it.

Upvote 0