• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Field of screams

I hear those too just fine.... I have my sound system set to 2 channel (Headset) stereo.

Are you sure you are not confusing them with the slow death moans screams? Because those are still there. What we are talking about is those screams when the soldier is injured and he is clutching his arm, stomach while twitching on the floor, screaming in pain, calling for his mother or something similar.

Could a mod please move this thread into the bug report to draw TWI's attention on this matter?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was on Barracks last night. German buddy of mine got shot and staggered in place, crying out for his mother.

Jesus is that some chilling stuff. At the crescendo of a morose violin, seeing his face writhe in pain... it's strange to consider it possible to sympathize with a nameless character in a video game. That just shows how well TWI handled immersion, methinks.

I don't hear them that often, though, which is why I note when it happens. Perhaps the infrequency of the death moans makes them that much more poignant.

Upvote 0
Red Orchestra 2 - Fight for Propaganda House - YouTube
Look at 0:35
I never seen any one of those death moans in game, i think i bought it too late... but it sounds disturbing and it would add a lot to the atmosphere.

damn... we really do need those long and drawn out death screams back in the game...

that and boost the volume of all weapons by a bit, and it would really recapture some of the already great atmosphere

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
We're working on this nasty little bug that is making the screams not work. In time it will be fixed!!

How is that coming along?

EDIT:
What I really, really love about those death screams is that they do not sound forced like with so many voice actors.
They don't hold back, they just scream and scream, and it sounds very convincing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0
Some Red Orchestra 2 Red Army death moans - YouTube

I managed to find some of those death moans in the game files.
skip to 3:21 for Mama...
0:38, 2:05 for some good ones as well.
Damnit, the voice acting is amazing.
It's sh*t like this that community wants, TWI.
:)
Thanks for uploading that. I'd never heard most of them. Would you mind uploading the German death moans as well? :IS2:

Upvote 0
Some Red Orchestra 2 Red Army death moans - YouTube

I managed to find some of those death moans in the game files.
skip to 3:21 for Mama...
0:38, 2:05 for some good ones as well.
Damnit, the voice acting is amazing.
It's sh*t like this that community wants, TWI.
:)

I don't enjoy listening to that. It's fine to have, but I'd like an option to put him out of his misery and cutting the death dialogue short by mercy shooting

Upvote 0
I don't enjoy listening to that. It's fine to have, but I'd like an option to put him out of his misery and cutting the death dialogue short by mercy shooting

If I recall correctly, you can do that. I think I did it in the single player. One of the bots was kicking around and screaming so I shot it again. It may have just been timing, but I think my bullet to his 'corpse' stopped it.

Upvote 0