• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Batman: Arkham City

You almost had me there Federov.

Anyways, there are three things I need to know about Arkham City vs. Arkham Asylum. Whether the upgrade system was made interesting. Whether the gadgets are more fun this time, and less "Batman Begins." And whether the environments are kick ***. AA environments were great but it was a closed setting....a "room" structure. Arkham City has way higher expectations, and I hope the two have blended well.

Upvote 0
You almost had me there Federov.

Anyways, there are three things I need to know about Arkham City vs. Arkham Asylum. Whether the upgrade system was made interesting. Whether the gadgets are more fun this time, and less "Batman Begins." And whether the environments are kick ***. AA environments were great but it was a closed setting....a "room" structure. Arkham City has way higher expectations, and I hope the two have blended well.

Upgrade system is marginally better. Not TOO much different, but there's more variety this time.

The gadgets are better this time. More use in combat, and you start off with all the gadgets from AA at the start.

Yes. It's not GTA IV huge, but it's MUCH more open and the sense of freedom you have is awesome. Lots of swooping through city streets and grappeling up to rooftops and ****. A lot better than AA.

Upvote 0
Just bumping this to say the DLC on AC is rolling out...

And man, does it stick in my craw. They have like 5 DLCs at $6.99 on Steam. Buying them all is the equivalent of 1/3rd to 1/2 of what you paid for AC. Considering a lot of them are challenge maps and characters with moves you can play on the challenge maps, I think that qualifies as nickel and diming. I really like this game and I think the reason it didn't make a splash, other than Skyrim, is entirely due to how it was handled.

Upvote 0