• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

my fouvorite map project ,the figthing around the Mamajew Kurgan

i have almost finished the view from the hill over stalingrad.
the map has a real world terrain.
the germans are attacking and must capture the hill !
they are figthing over long distance in trenches and over no mans land .

Attachments

• mamajewkurgan1.jpg
    mamajewkurgan1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
  • mamajewkurgan2.jpg
    mamajewkurgan2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 0
  • mamajewkurgan3.jpg
    mamajewkurgan3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0

Liking what you did there.

I made some progress on my map

Reactions: Catalavos
Upvote 0

Mamaev Kurgan! :eek:
:IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
Question for the mappers,

As far as I can recall,community made maps that have not been accepted by the developer/publisher or not presented to them and being just straight out downloaded on the servers are usually on the unranked servers right?

It would be shame if your maps are played on unranked servers because lots of peeps are barelly playing on unraked servers,it would be like sentencing your own maps to death.

My question is are you guys planing to present the new maps to TWI for approval?

Upvote 0
Question for the mappers,

As far as I can recall,community made maps that have not been accepted by the developer/publisher or not presented to them and being just straight out downloaded on the servers are usually on the unranked servers right?

It would be shame if your maps are played on unranked servers because lots of peeps are barelly playing on unraked servers,it would be like sentencing your own maps to death.

My question is are you guys planing to present the new maps to TWI for approval?

Well, if I get to finish my map in a state that pleases me, I'll present it to TWI for approval.

Upvote 0
The acceptable amount of foliage really depends on a lot of stuff. If you only have gigantic plains then sure, you can have dense foliage that is visible for a long distance. But if you have more stuff on the screen, lots of buildings and other things, then you probably can't have that much foliage.
You have a certain performance budget and you have to decide on what you're going to allocate it.

PS. You have to consider the player amount also.

Reactions: Frostedfire and Le0
Upvote 0
Did some more work on my map.

The entire barbed wire barricade can be blown up using satchels, it can give quite an advantage to the Germans (attacking from behind the camera in shot 2).

The odd looking tower will be the first objective (Water Tower)

Still need to work on a lot of stuff:
  • Make my own skydome
  • Improve the grass mesh/materials
  • Improve and finish the "open" wooden houses (Currently houses with windows and default UDK material)
  • Finish blocking out the end of the map

As always, suggestions, critics or comments are welcome

Upvote 0
Wow, I am looking forward to the maps of Le0 and BOH-rekrut. Stunning maps so far. Love the view. Keep up the great work!

@BOH-rekrut

Could you add some more smoke in the background? After all, Stalingrad was burning like hell. If the background of your map, the city, would be darker, that would add a lot to the atmosphere. Sth like: "Your map is the gate to hell".
Or would this be a performance killer? Anyway, awesome work! :IS2:

Upvote 0