• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Rainbow Six: Patriots

Yes, that's the target gameplay footage.

So, while it's not gameplay footage, like you said in your previous post, it is what they intend gameplay to be like. This shouldn't be considered a trailer, but a "once we're done, this is what we hope the game will be like" video.

I'm merely saying this, because I've seen people try to justify that **** by saying it's not gameplay, it's just a trailer, which is of course not accurate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Appearantly the first two real screenshots:

bigimage.jpg

&

bigimage.jpg

Upvote 0
Call of the Battlefield Honor: Rainbow Battlefield Company Six!

OK this is getting out of hand. But seriously, I love how AMERICUH has to come through just the first two screens of this game. 1st pic: prominently displayed AMERICUUHN flag on the wall. 2nd pic: ZOMG Brooklyn Bridge with teh bad guyz. The FOV also looks like its 50 or something lol. Awesome.

Upvote 0
OK this is getting out of hand. But seriously, I love how AMERICUH has to come through just the first two screens of this game. 1st pic: prominently displayed AMERICUUHN flag on the wall. 2nd pic: ZOMG Brooklyn Bridge with teh bad guyz. The FOV also looks like its 50 or something lol. Awesome.

I don't see how you can complain about such a thing when the game takes place in the USA. I know the setting is a bad choice, but calling a game lame because of American flags is equally lame.

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
A completely off-topic remark: at least Americans can fly American flags in their own country (and a few others). I am still in shock after the recent Independence day celebration here, where German leftists were invited by Polish leftists and were cruisin' for brusin' around the capital.

The whole mess that the celebration in the capital was still puzzles me. Was inducing the riots a government provocation intended to pave the way for stricter anti-demonstration measures, or were they a genuine display of the rift dividing me land? I'm leaning towards the former version, but you know what they say: facts only exist in a pure environment, once humans are introduced into the system, it's all speculation, anyway.

So, coming back to American flags. They are nice.

Upvote 0
Well, it'll be about perspectives, tofupunk. Without further wading into this topic (as it is my understanding it is inadmissible on this forum), it's just one of the perspectives. Note, the news item you linked referred to the Colourful Independent demonstration as "peaceful". That is a distortion already. If you are interested, PM me, I will be happy to discuss this further.

Edit: After two glances, the article contains more distortions and half-truths. You can chose to believe it, however. We are free people of the free world. As stated, PM if anyone's interested (not that anyone would be interested in some insignificant country somewhere on the fringes of the North Pole).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because of likely DRM measures, because of something they did in the past, or because you feel like Ubi doesn't make good games?

All three are valid reasons. Ubisoft seems to like forcing its "UPlay" service (in addition to Steam), which is just annoying and slow. DRM tends to be crappy if it did not have Uplay... titles they touch seem to go down the drain.

There is a small chance this Rainbow 6 can be a nice shooter, but honestly, Ubisoft titles seem to be subpar. I believe this will be a generic shooter that is not executed to its fullest potential. And I'd much rather have a true Rainbow 6 sequel even if this turns out to be a nice shooter.

Reactions: Luckz
Upvote 0
Because of likely DRM measures, because of something they did in the past, or because you feel like Ubi doesn't make good games?

For me the answer is both.

Lets be honest, Ubisoft doesn't create anything anyone actually likes to play or has wet dreams over. Even though I hate COD/BF3/MW3, at least their developers can say they have a market that truly loves their type of run-in-gun/interactive movie shooters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see how you can complain about such a thing when the game takes place in the USA. I know the setting is a bad choice, but calling a game lame because of American flags is equally lame.
There's nothing inherently bad about the American flag being in a game (obviously ... duh). Being an American, I love my country and its symbols. It's just the trend I see in modern games taking place in an ultra-stereotypical American pie setting, where every inch must be filled with stomach-wrenchingly sappy, over the top patriotism. These screens and the larger gameplay "trailer" demonstrate this in full form. It drives me nuts!

That, on top of the quicktime event marathon that this game clearly aspires to be makes me facepalm. Pairing it with the sappy patriotism just adds insult to the injury of seeing the Rainbow Six series dumbed down to a mindless action game -- a process that was already started by the latest entries in the series.

Last edited:
Upvote 0