• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Delta Force: Angels Falls

Cyper

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
Sweden
Is there anyone here that remember the game Delta Force: Black Hawk Down? As a kid, this game became one of my absolute favories, along with Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising. For a long time there's been a planned sequel to BHD called Delta Force: Angel Falls.

Novalogic have been very quit about it. There isn't much info about the game and it all seems quite dead but from what I know the game is still in development so it isn't completely dead.

''In the near future, set in the north-west region of Central America and spanning both Colombia and Venezuela,

It looks really dated, but the graphics get the job done. Will it be a Ghost Recon or Raven Shield style game? If so, I will be interested. But if it is just another typical shooter with really dated graphics I'll pass.

I remember reading about this some years ago as well, but there is hardly any info on this title.

Upvote 0
Hey, someone else knows about this game!

I have BHD for PS2 and still play DFX2 on my PC. These games are awesome, I have no idea why they aren't that popular.

Tons of vehicles, infinite maps, 150 person server, freewalking in vehicles etc. Best Modern Combat, Battlefield scenario games IMO.

Ah days of Green Hell jumping from Black Hawk to Puma laying C4 knifing the pilot and parachuting away pressing that big red button.

Usually I'm a little crazy for realism but these games just have that freedom and those features that make up for it.

What are they down to? 5 guys now? Kind of sucks, but hopefully with what 4? years so far of work the game will be awesome when it releases(another year?). They have the best ideas, yet since itsnotCoD no one will support them.

What about that beta test rumor?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think the graphic is that outdated. As a matter of fact, we now absolutely nothing about the graphics at the moment. The pictures that are out are from early 2008 and probably in beta stages if it's even that. Releasing the game as it looks now wont happen. It would be suicide.

I don't really see why some people seems to be negative about the game since my post got thumbs down.

I had a lot of fun with Black Hawk down and Joints Operations: Typhoon Rising. The maps were really damn huge. Just to give an idea: The maps in BF42 were small. Even the big maps in RO is small compared to those maps. The game had a lot of vehicles and aircraft (about 29 land, sea and air vehicles), you could cuztomize your character in so many ways. You could play as a delta force soldier, rebel, US seals, US green berets, british sas, german ksk, french gign, russian spetsnaz, australiian sasr, indonesian kopassus, and you could even play as a pilot just to transport your teammates, you could choose from male to female, and then you could choose the appropiate accent for your characters; American accent, english, russian, german accent.. there was LOADS of weapons and equipment, everything from machete to 60 mm mortal, claymores to target designaors, flashbangs, and you could play up to 150 players on each servers. You could also COMPLETELY choose what kind of weapons you wanted to use and each weapon added weight to your characters. You could issue orders.. hell, there was even a tab for taunts, and if you pressed it you could do back handsprings and scream like a fool! The matches could go on from 30 minutes to even six hours. Sure, the game wasnt as realistic as ro, but who cares? I didnt expect it to be in any other way either. The devs never promised something like that either.
I had a lot of fun with this game and I hope for the sake of god that angel falls wont be cancelled.

What it did have in common with RO was that it was hard. You died very easily. You were not made our of iron. You had to learn how to use concealment.

Btw, found the opening (in decent quality) to those who havent seen anyting of it. :)

[youtube]Joint Operations - Typhoon Rising - YouTube[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: Viersbovsky
Upvote 0
Oh Joint Operations, the love of my gaming life...

What I especially liked was that feeling that something was going on everywhere. It was just this huge sandbox, and with all this people playing some awesome things just happened regularly. Once there was a guy and his pal who tried helicopter sniping by lying prone in the cabin of a blackhawk and taking shots at enemies on islands 2km away, then changing position swiftly.
Or me holding down 10 enemies with my trusty M240 at 600 meters away while they tried to zero in with their mortars on me. Or that huge-scale sea-invasion on Bumbu-channel with tracers everywhere, hovercraft unloading troops and APCs...

i think such moments will never ever happen in a game I play ever again. All is too restricted, too small scale. Joint-Operations had the scale of ARMA combined with accesability, a remarkable feat.

Lets see what novalogic can do. I honeslty thought they were belly up with their latest re-releases of ages old games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyper
Upvote 0
i think such moments will never ever happen in a game I play ever again. All is too restricted, too small scale. Joint-Operations had the scale of ARMA combined with accesability, a remarkable feat.

jointops was like arma on drugs
You had a logistics side - like loading up apc's onto the boats and organising large beach landings, but at the same time you could do mad stuff like hide in an enemy helo, let it load up and take off; then stab the pilot, drop a satch and chute out.

Upvote 0