• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

November 21st Update Notes

Before this patch I was running good with no complaints. That's after the updates from last week. Now however the sound bug is a lot worse. Actually I'm not sure what to call it, as it's different from the sound cutting out.

What I'm referring to is when the game bogs down whenever there's a lot of sound effects going on. My fps goes from 80ish down to the 40s and the sound starts to breakup and become very distorted. This was not happening much at all last week, if any. Now it's way too frequent and I'm sorry to say has made the game unplayable again.

Specs:

EVGA 790i Ultra mobo
Q6600 @ 3.4 GHz
EVGA GTX 470

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good patch, the class limit really makes a difference in gameplay. Still a few things are bugging me (old stuff):

- It's really hard to determine where the bullets are comming from. Sometimes I don't even understand that I'm under fire at all even when the enemy is close. Mostly all I get is a slight blur, I wouldn't mind some more distinct bullet cracks.

- A bit higher inertia when changing direction when running would be great. Also getting hit should slow you down a bit, even if just slightly.

- The spawn menu still pops up over the main menu which is bloody irritating (and feels pretty amateurish).

Reactions: Extension7
Upvote 0
All graphics on highest possible settings, 1920 x 1080, everything checked (no AA) and solid green fps across the board on a full 64 player server with a 4 year old Q6600 cpu and a GTX560Ti.

Played a few rounds and its nice to see that everyone else isn't running around with a semi or an auto.

A top notch patch indeed. Thanks for the support :D

Upvote 0
I still get 20-30 fps with 2 gtx 460 1gb SLI and a 4.0ghz quadcore.

FIX YOUR GAME PLZ!

I used to get the same lame performance for the most part on my old Q9650 @ 4.2ghz and a 5970 even though NOT a single core on the q9650 was maxed out. They were only showing 65-70% usage.

Anyway upgraded to an i7 2700k @ 5ghz still with my 5970 and now getting 55-90 fps. And still neither CPU or GPU is maxed out but atleast the fps are in an acceptable range.

Upvote 0
I'd politely suggest you update your drivers and check your game config.

Also check out Gameboost 3.1 - Its free and helps a great deal.

I use a single GTX560ti and average 50-65 fps @ ULTRA.
This installs toolbars what use is it to switch processes off if this tool gives you 2 new ones that are running all the time?

That's pretty odd because I have quad core at a higher clock and the GTX 470, but I get the same FPS w/ a lot of hitching at lower settings. This doesn't make any sense to me at all.
If you know your system well you can put some things on ultra.
Things that make your gfx card work should be no problem whatsoever and you cant make it run faster if you turn these things off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0