• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Removing "Edge marker" in Realism mode

Removing "Edge marker" in Realism mode

• Yes, for both types of realism.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • Yes, for hardcore, leave it in standard.

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • No.

Votes: 50 42.4%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 12 10.2%

• Total voters
Sorry Proud_god, I meant to like your post but missed the button. Stupid tiny mobile phone screen.

Anyway, I agree with your post completely and would add that the marker should only show movement that you could see by just turning (i.e.not showing movement that is hidden by walls, foliage, laundry etc).

Upvote 0
I did a test last night. Markers show enemies even if they are not moving at all. This should change to friendlies and enemies and only when making large movements.

This was done on a server where only you and a buddy were testing? Alas, it should definitely be about movement, but if it isn't currently I wonder if there just aren't difficulties getting code that can simulate that.

Upvote 0
This was done on a server where only you and a buddy were testing? Alas, it should definitely be about movement, but if it isn't currently I wonder if there just aren't difficulties getting code that can simulate that.

Yes, it was me with a buddy, he was being a human statue and my peripheral picked him up as a screen marker.

Upvote 0
One thing that occurs to me, however, is that the guy who plays a human statue in the game is very rare anyways. You're usually moving in some way --even if you're camping. Debatable which of these movements is above the threshold of reliable peripheral vision (seems like most of these would be unnoticeable at range), but looking around, firing, rebolting, reloading, and slight adjustments of position all count as some form of movement, and most players are constantly doing these things and rarely without doing them for more than just a moment. So, even though it is technically a problem that it is apparently detecting non-moving players, in the game how common is it for a player to truly be motionless for any significant length of time? Interesting question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just recently picked up these indicators (don`t know what i changed in game to get them) and now i can see enemy indicators on the sides of my screen. Even through smoke. You can just turn side to side to pick up the indicators. It is hardly realistic, is it? It`s another add to the game to make it more attractive to the xbox gamer.

I feel like i am hacking. :eek:

Server Admins need to be able to disable this feature to allow choice for their servers.

Upvote 0
I just recently picked up these indicators (don`t know what i changed in game to get them) and now i can see enemy indicators on the sides of my screen. Even through smoke.
Server Admins need to be able to disable this feature to allow choice for their servers.

I've been playing since the game came out not even knowing these indicators existed.... to enable or not to enable??

Upvote 0
I think the problem is, you could say there are two zones of "peripheral vision" being modeled. The area just outside the monitor area, where you would be able to easily spot a still person, and tell friend from foe. And there's the area truly to the periphery where you should really only detect motion.

Unfortunately, it looks like both are lumped together.

I would suggest the sensitivity (excluding seeing through smoke) is fine for the close to center periphery, but way too sensitive for the further stuff. I think the further areas should only detect moving soldiers.

Very quickly, it's hard for me to resolve anything passed 90 degrees. So under non-IS situations, the peripheral indicators would detect mostly just movement. But when you are in IS, "zoomed in" to 1:1, we should get the peripheral indicators that can spot non-moving soldiers as long as they're not outside the 90 degree area.

Reactions: Proud_God
Upvote 0
I think the problem is, you could say there are two zones of "peripheral vision" being modeled. The area just outside the monitor area, where you would be able to easily spot a still person, and tell friend from foe. And there's the area truly to the periphery where you should really only detect motion.

Unfortunately, it looks like both are lumped together.

I would suggest the sensitivity (excluding seeing through smoke) is fine for the close to center periphery, but way too sensitive for the further stuff. I think the further areas should only detect moving soldiers.

Very quickly, it's hard for me to resolve anything passed 90 degrees. So under non-IS situations, the peripheral indicators would detect mostly just movement. But when you are in IS, "zoomed in" to 1:1, we should get the peripheral indicators that can spot non-moving soldiers as long as they're not outside the 90 degree area.

Good points.

Upvote 0