• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tanker love?

Well I can only speak for the people that I know that either stopped playing, or at least play a lot less now, but there are several reasons I can think of.

-New games come along and take away players.
-As modders and well known players start to go away, they take with them the new maps/mods and some of the excitement that kept the game going and fresh.
-A lot of players liked the organized competitions provided through clans, but then some clans started to get too political or just kind of fell apart as time went by, and some people didn't want to find another one or go through it again so they end up not playing as much or at all. Public servers lack the challege and organization they enjoyed.
-Mods like DH came along, and while it was a great mod it did still take players away from RO1. Some friends of mine had stayed active in RO in hopes of enjoying DH just as much, but when they didn't they found other games to play in stead of returning to RO1.
-And yes it was getting old as a game, but I'd still play Orel all night tonight if there was enough players on it. So maybe not the age of the game itself, but just the fact that people played it for so many years that some are going to lose interest, and as a result the community that made it a great game lost a lot of it's key members and eventually faded.

Just my two cents, but I am glad for the time I spent playing RO1, I made a lot of good friends and really enjoyed the game. It's a shame more new players can't discover just how fun it can be.

Upvote 0
I bought ro2 for the tanks.
I just hope that we will get some good big maps with more tanks.
The tank only map is more of a practice map if you ask me.. and all the other combined arms maps are just roo small to do any kind of tactics.

I hope there will be a small tank community in the future with ro2. I think the basics of the tanks are good.

I also hope TW will write a small guide on how to implement our own tanks in the SDK. It's pretty hard to figure it out on your own.

Upvote 0
While I agree mostly with Ricky I do have to say that hopefully TWI will not implement the god awful ping-pong system that RO1 had. I also disagree with the "no skills required"-argument. There are other ways to have skill than angling a tank to some magic angle, like finding hull-down positions, flanking etc. Anyway I still agree that RO2 tank gameplay is bad and obviously i am not the only one feeling this way cos no one seems to play RO2 tanks anymore. Well, even if the gameplay mechanics would have been "right" from the start, I doubt ppl would have endured the 1 small, awful tank map that the game provided for more than 1 week.

I'll stick to DH tanking untill RO2 gets mods that fix the issues that TWI will obviously never address.

Last edited:
Upvote 0