• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We are currently beta testing a new RO 2 patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the squad leaders/commander should have their weapons replaced with bolts with perhaps an option for semi-autos once they are leveled up a bit, otherwise we will have even more *** hats taking these roles simply for the gun than we do already.:(

Other than that woooo hooooooo we are going the right way now :)
oh and the reference to satchel chargeable things? does that mean any of the barricades that can be blown up as theres a lot of them on all the maps

Or just the ones that are capturable already like welding shed?

Upvote 0
I agree that the squad leaders/commander should have their weapons replaced with bolts with perhaps an option for semi-autos once they are leveled up a bit, otherwise we will have even more *** hats taking these roles simply for the gun than we do already.:(
Yup. It's going to be very hard to get half-way decent SLs into these slots now; the run'n'gun monkeys will be taking them all instead.

Undeniable step in the right direction tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richey79
Upvote 0
You must just play against bots is all I can say, I have levelled up all my characters, except MG and Anti tank, to highly decorated, and nearly all of my weapons are on level 50 (on a real server btw not on bot farming servers) and the SMG does not own all other weapons, in fact the first weapons I levelled up were the 4 rifles, only then did I move on to the SMG's, if any weapon owns in this game it is the semi auto rifle, but it is still the most fun to play with a bolt

I have never played bots in RO2. The leveling system and all those tibia players farming bots makes me puke. :rolleyes:

thing is, you shouldn't be choosing a rifle because it's "more fun". It should play a role. Clans would field riflemen back in RO1 to cover open areas. They were more precise than semis.

in RO2 it's useless. You can easily cover an open area with a papasha and then go rambo with it.
even the sniper is useless.
Reasons being the combination of zoom, reduced recoil, small maps, extremely precise weapons, lack of sway, no penalty for sprinting around or getting shot, etc.

I've always been a semi-auto in RO. But in HoS I can't achieve the same kills I do with an smg, because it basically gives me the same accuracy with much more bullets to shoot with. You say it does not own the game? The good pub servers and clan matches say it does.

just let me clarify again that I don't want to see SMG's being worsened. I'm ok with them being deadly. It's just that I don't wanna be able to sprint around, spot an enemy at some random window shooting at me with a rifle, then turn and spray against him getting the kill because he has no advantage for being stopped at a place somewhat distant from me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tested Yoshi,no crashes and much better fps..40-60 no less!!Windows 7 64 biti,amd quad core 2,9 Ghz,4 GB ram,radeon 6850,but you have to work on comunity requests,it's a tiny step forward but much apriciated,make a big gameplay patch before chrismas and make the comunity happy + release the SDK once ready and this will be the Triumph!Remember,lisen the comunity complain's carefuly and fix them,good luck and sorry for my english!

Upvote 0
So now that you have started addressing community demands, how about finally adding that promised option to turn on native language on both teams?

You know, Russians speaking Russian and Germans speaking German when you are in the team.

Lowest priority, we can already hack the files. I'd rather they fix things we can't fix ourselves.

Upvote 0
I've always been a semi-auto in RO. But in HoS I can't achieve the same kills I do with an smg, because it basically gives me the same accuracy with much more bullets to shoot with. You say it does not own the game? The good pub servers and clan matches say it does.

just let me clarify again that I don't want to see SMG's being worsened. I'm ok with them being deadly. It's just that I don't wanna be able to sprint around, spot an enemy at some random window shooting at me with a rifle, then turn and spray against him getting the kill because he has no advantage for being stopped at a place somewhat distant from me.

These types of points always puzzled me. If the rifleman saw you first, you should be dead, really. If he shot at you and missed enough times for you to clearly determine where he is at and, knowing that he probably gave away his position, sticks around and gives you the opportunity to spray the window with your SMG, he should be dead. That's the proper result for such an encounter.

I don't think you could be arguing for slower run speed because that would equally benefit anyone with an SMG, not only rifles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- Launching the game the first time will add a setting, HUDTipsLevel, to ROGame.ini. Changing this will reduce the amount of text tips that appear on the HUD (0 - All Tips, 1 - Moderate Tips, 2 - Few Tips). Looking for feedback and later on we may add it as a menu option.

Great !
Now i want see full HUD customization option.

Another bug which makes really bad feeling about gameplay i found is:
- You lying on the ground then make a full turn (not even full) and quick return to previous position, now when you move a little you will experience some kind of lag.
Its horrible for me.

Upvote 0
These types of points always puzzled me. If the rifleman saw you first, you should be dead, really. If he shot at you and missed enough times for you to clearly determine where he is at and, knowing that he probably gave away his position, sticks around and gives you the opportunity to spray the window with your SMG, he should be dead. That's the proper result for such an encounter.

I don't think you could be arguing for slower run speed because that would equally benefit anyone with an SMG, not only rifles.

well, we are talking about RO2. Even if his first shot hits me, RO2 won't kill me, will it? unless it's a head shot

I didn't say anything about slower RUN speed... I mentioned penalties for both sprinting and being shot. I don't think I should be able to point and spray with the same accuracy/sway/speed/etc in such encounter as if I was sitting in a window

I'd like the game to make me more like sicking for cover than simply shooting back, because with high accuracy and more bullets, I'm more prone to own him at any distance and that's what happen in RO2, making rifles useless and ramboing easier
Those who played RO1 and DH might understand my point better

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well, we are talking about RO2. Even if his first shot hits me, RO2 won't kill me, will it? unless it's a head shot

I didn't say anything about slower RUN speed... I mentioned penalties for both sprinting and being shot. I don't think I should be able to point and spray with the same accuracy/sway/speed/etc in such encounter as if I was sitting in a window

I'd like the game to make me more like sicking for cover than simply shooting back, because with high accuracy and more bullets, I'm more prone to own him at any distance and that's what happen in RO2, making rifles useless and ramboing easier
Those who played RO1 and DH might understand my point better

I do understand your point, I just disagree with your conclusion, I have more fun with the bolt because it is a very effective weapon, except in CQB of course, a shot with a bolt providing it hits the head or the chest area, hitting the arm or leg will only wound which is as it should be, the semi auto rifles seem less powerful which I disagree with because they are using the same rifle rounds as the bolts are, they should be perhaps slightly less accurate but the power should remain the same.

I agree that draining your stamina should affect your aim more than it does, but sprinting to exhaustion does affect your aim now, it just needs the effect increasing a bit.

I agree that the damage should be more reflective in the game, limping and slow movement for leg wounds, increased sway and shake with arm wounds, and all over character reduction for any wound.

I do play on a large public server, my clans server ThePARA we have a excellent server, 2 in fact, 1 TE and 1 CD, and I play on it constantly, I am the highest ranked player on our TE server, by a long way, and I still say take your SMG all you want :) I will still kill you no matter what weapon I have

The only weapon changes I really want to see are the option for ALL classes (of course Anti tank and MG cant) to be able to pick a bolt rifle, not forced just the option, for example I hate to take the commander or SL role, or even the engineer because I want a bolt rifle. A lot of my clan members feel the same way but no doubt some people will eventually make mods and mutators for that.

At the end of the day, the best and highest scoring players on our server all play with rifles and that tells its own story and completely disproves your point

Reactions: >F|R< CoMuNisTa
Upvote 0
I do understand your point, I just disagree with your conclusion, I have more fun with the bolt because it is a very effective weapon, except in CQB of course, a shot with a bolt providing it hits the head or the chest area, hitting the arm or leg will only wound which is as it should be, the semi auto rifles seem less powerful which I disagree with because they are using the same rifle rounds as the bolts are, they should be perhaps slightly less accurate but the power should remain the same.

I agree that draining your stamina should affect your aim more than it does, but sprinting to exhaustion does affect your aim now, it just needs the effect increasing a bit.

I agree that the damage should be more reflective in the game, limping and slow movement for leg wounds, increased sway and shake with arm wounds, and all over character reduction for any wound.

I do play on a large public server, my clans server ThePARA we have a excellent server, 2 in fact, 1 TE and 1 CD, and I play on it constantly, I am the highest ranked player on our TE server, by a long way, and I still say take your SMG all you want :) I will still kill you no matter what weapon I have

The only weapon changes I really want to see are the option for ALL classes (of course Anti tank and MG cant) to be able to pick a bolt rifle, not forced just the option, for example I hate to take the commander or SL role, or even the engineer because I want a bolt rifle. A lot of my clan members feel the same way but no doubt some people will eventually make mods and mutators for that.

At the end of the day, the best and highest scoring players on our server all play with rifles and that tells its own story and completely disproves your point

you are a bit full of yourself eh

your server must be an exception, or perhaps those highest scoring players are using rifles because they feel SMG's are simply not a challenge. Either way it does not disprove my point.

I play clan matches and high populated NA pub servers, now that the brazilian servers are gone. SMG's are always on top - unless an overall better player used a rifle just for the fun of it.
But I'll look for your clan for a scrim and you can prove me wrong, sir. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.