• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why not, tripwire?

MAG failed for the same reason SOCOM has failed. Sony was ordering Zipper about trying to capture the COD crowd. When in fact, SOCOM players were much like the RO community, dedicated players to a unique game. (a third player "tactical" shooter, revolving around teamwork and thinking)

They turned a game boosting 2 million players at it's peak to about 5k, how? By turning it into COD: Third Person.

Same mistake TWI is making, by turning the most realistic, historic, and teamwork oriented game into a casual arcade shooter, complete with5 million automatic weapons, perks, unlocks, and design flaws.

Way to go guys!

The video game market is an economic bubble...The more all these companies try to emulate COD to steal some player base and make some quick cash followed by sharp drop offs, the more the entire industry begins to falter. When these 13 year olds grow up, they'll still be playing COD: MW7245, and everyone else will be out of business.

To the topic, the way RO2 gameplay feels, the lack of RO-esque maps, and an absurd amount of close combat with automatic weapon spam, I don't understand why it's NOT a console release.

Upvote 0
Its simple consoles sux lol I have a whole closet full of them and they will never! see a new game.

Seriously consoles are a Short term investment for the developers and the gamers.TWI will be getting sales after the new gen of consoles are released and would be lucky to even sell anything on 360/ps3 after that.Most developers only care about the first 4 months of a game and after that they get no new patches etc.

Twi makes games with a long term goal and you just cant get that from a console.Besides niche games just don't see the light of day on consoles to this day no realistic shooter can be found on the systems.Marketing for consoles demand arcade type shooters that's forgiving and easy to play for anyone who ever played a fps.

Killing floor would be more suited for consoles but, as a former mod team I don't see them supporting consoles because .... no mods on console....unless it was just a dedicated console game for a quick money grab.

Last edited:
Reactions: TravisT
Upvote 0
Are the rumors about RO2 bein driven by an console type of engine true?
Or are it supposed to be for PC in the first place?

Er, UE3 was designed with DX9 in mind, which is what runs on the Xbox 360, so yes, you could say that RO2 is built in a console-friendly engine.

What the hell does that have to do with anything, though? I mean honestly, I can't understand a lot of PC gamers. Do you expect your engine to be written with the total exclusion of consoles in mind? Engine developers close off a lot of their market if their engine can only be run on the NASA supercomputers...

RO2 is undoubtedly a PC game, though. Yes, UE3 is console friendly, but that doesn't make it any less of a PC engine.

Gonna rant here for a tick, but this comment reminds me of a lot of the negative reviews for Skyrim on metacritic. "THIS GAME DESERVES A 3/10 BECAUSE WHILE THE GAME IS FUN I DON'T HAVE ANY GRAPHICS OPTIONS AND THE UI IS CLEARLY CONSOLE FRIENDLY. THIS IS AN UNFORGIVABLE CRIME WORTHY OF PANNING AN OTHERWISE GREAT GAME BECAUSE OF A FEW UI NIGGLES." Seriously guys, what's with this mindset? It's idiotic.

/rant

Upvote 0
The history is just kids these days, if you talked to a kid about the Eastern front during the second world war, they won't have a clue and say something like "Nerd".

My biggest gripe while talking to people about WWII is that apparently everybody seems to think the Western Front was where the actual war was fought even tough it was in the Eastern Front that the true brutality.
This is the reason why I love so much the Red Orchestra games.
Stalingrad shows that proff is in the pudding.

Upvote 0