• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Banned ?

Mickg

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Hi guys been playing on a sertain server since beta and for the first time last night I get admin banned for no reason, yet i'am always trying to get to the caps on time and try to keep the TK'S to the minimum. Its enough trouble finding servers to play on with people there, also what or why do you get session banned till the next map and what's the reason for that .

I must admit you have to allow new players to have a go and i dont mind getting kicked for that reason because of the low player count at the moment, but it would be nice to know for what reason you have been banned for. Also i do realy think that Tripwire realy needs now to pull something out of the hat to make the game more playerable for core RO-RO2 players and newbies alike very quickly to encourage new players and get the multiplyer numbers back up, 400 players odd at peak time in any country is bad. Where are the huge numbers of purchasers of the gone since release, thats why Tripwire have to act very quickly now on something which will see mayor fixes done on the game.

I am still enjoying playing this game even with the bugs but i am still abit worrid about the multiplayer head count, people will only wait for a short while in our present time and age before shelving games that they might look at once a year just look at T34 vs Tigers for instance though not a mulitiplayer game it could have been a classic tanker game if a developer whould have listened to the people that bought it like me and fixed it quickly, i waited for ages for a fix on that game but it never came it was very sad the dev's could have made a lot more money on that one.

Anyway the long and the short of it is we all keep playing and hope the devs can act quickly in the near future, bit of a mixed bag this thread.
If you read this thanks ROS multiplayer name( mickguirey):IS2:

Play on one server long enough and you'll get friendly fire banned eventually. The FF counter only resets when you're logged out for long enough, so if you never take a break...get ready for it. At least the autoban from it only lasts until the end of the current map.

On that note, it's amazing how many people think it's a good idea to stand on or in front of a deployed machine gunner. I'm also impressed by the persistence that leads some to walk into the 5th salvo of a friendly artillery call that's been noisily blazing away for a minute already and has been clearly marked on their map from before it even started landing...

Upvote 0
I got permanently banned from a server with no reason stated, and my repeated requests for just a reason why has been completely ignored. Unfortunately it seems to be a server that still exists and has many players, and not one of the many that has since disappeared.

I did also get session banned from another server because one of the clan members running the server got fed up with me owning him. Even though I think it is kind of childish, I still prefer that to the above which just seems completely random and where there is apparently no reprieve.

Upvote 0
Hi guys been playing on a sertain server since beta and for the first time last night I get admin banned for no reason, yet i'am always trying to get to the caps on time and try to keep the TK'S to the minimum. Its enough trouble finding servers to play on with people there, also what or why do you get session banned till the next map and what's the reason for that .

I must admit you have to allow new players to have a go and i dont mind getting kicked for that reason because of the low player count at the moment, but it would be nice to know for what reason you have been banned for. Also i do realy think that Tripwire realy needs now to pull something out of the hat to make the game more playerable for core RO-RO2 players and newbies alike very quickly to encourage new players and get the multiplyer numbers back up, 400 players odd at peak time in any country is bad. Where are the huge numbers of purchasers of the gone since release, thats why Tripwire have to act very quickly now on something which will see mayor fixes done on the game.

I am still enjoying playing this game even with the bugs but i am still abit worrid about the multiplayer head count, people will only wait for a short while in our present time and age before shelving games that they might look at once a year just look at T34 vs Tigers for instance though not a mulitiplayer game it could have been a classic tanker game if a developer whould have listened to the people that bought it like me and fixed it quickly, i waited for ages for a fix on that game but it never came it was very sad the dev's could have made a lot more money on that one.

Anyway the long and the short of it is we all keep playing and hope the devs can act quickly in the near future, bit of a mixed bag this thread.
If you read this thanks ROS multiplayer name( mickguirey):IS2:
Do you ever experience lag and get a message about speed hacking? There is a session ban put in place my TWI for speed hacking, but it has session banned some players who just lag. I'm not sure if there is any ban message when that happens, I think there is only the warning in chat before hand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Play on one server long enough and you'll get friendly fire banned eventually. The FF counter only resets when you're logged out for long enough, so if you never take a break...get ready for it. At least the autoban from it only lasts until the end of the current map.

On that note, it's amazing how many people think it's a good idea to stand on or in front of a deployed machine gunner. I'm also impressed by the persistence that leads some to walk into the 5th salvo of a friendly artillery call that's been noisily blazing away for a minute already and has been clearly marked on their map from before it even started landing...

This. The vast majority of my tk's have been the fault of the "victim," be it by his running into my fire, deciding to put his head in my face while I'm engaged in a firefight, running into a room after he was behind me and couldn't possibly have missed seeing my throwing "something" at the enemy in there, etc.

I can make a mistake like anybody else, and always apologize for a tk when it "is" my fault. FWIW, some server admins will kick or ban you not for tk's, but for failing to APOLOGIZE for them. And, IMHO, "my bad" does not mean "I'm sorry."

Upvote 0
This. The vast majority of my tk's have been the fault of the "victim," be it by his running into my fire, deciding to put his head in my face while I'm engaged in a firefight, running into a room after he was behind me and couldn't possibly have missed seeing my throwing "something" at the enemy in there, etc.

I can make a mistake like anybody else, and always apologize for a tk when it "is" my fault. FWIW, some server admins will kick or ban you not for tk's, but for failing to APOLOGIZE for them. And, IMHO, "my bad" does not mean "I'm sorry."

My favorite suicidal people are the ones who try to jump through (starting from behind you) the window that you are currently deployed and actually firing an lmg from. I mean.....

Upvote 0
My favorite suicidal people are the ones who try to jump through (starting from behind you) the window that you are currently deployed and actually firing an lmg from. I mean.....

Yes, and then (lol, but sad ...) they will call you all kinds of names because you either "blocked" the window (dem dings are fer jumpin' outta, ya know!) or, "you tk'd me in the back on purpose for no good reason, admin, kick him!"

"I'd like to buy a clue, Pat." :rolleyes:

Upvote 0