• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Elder Scrolls V

Can you uncouple the mouse input from your framerate somehow? I think the horizontal movement is fine, but at least the vertical movement scales with your framerate. I'm capped at 60 but I dip into the 30s occasionally and whenever I do it feels like I'm walking through honey and I can barely look up and down. It's bad enough that the vertical axis is only about half as sensitive as the horizontal axis, it gets even worse when the framerate dips.

Any fixes for that?

Upvote 0
Can you uncouple the mouse input from your framerate somehow? I think the horizontal movement is fine, but at least the vertical movement scales with your framerate. I'm capped at 60 but I dip into the 30s occasionally and whenever I do it feels like I'm walking through honey and I can barely look up and down. It's bad enough that the vertical axis is only about half as sensitive as the horizontal axis, it gets even worse when the framerate dips.

Any fixes for that?

Nope, not yet. If you check Skyrim support forums you'll notice that there are quite a bit of threads about this very issue. It's bugging me too.

Yeah, how do you even fight those machines effectively? They are fast and hit you like a truck.

I just oneshot them with my bow while sneaking :O

Upvote 0
Yeah, how do you even fight those machines effectively? They are fast and hit you like a truck.
I'm primarily a magic user and figured electricity would work best but it doesn't seem any more effective than anything else.

Lydia typically does the most damage with her melee hits from her two-handed flame axe thing I gave her. The spiders are at least quite a bit easier now since I leveled up archery a little and can typically one or two shot them while hidden.

Any fixes for that?
A couple of things to try.

1. Try this if you have a variable framerate and #2 doesn't work: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26316941&postcount=1

2. Use D3DOverrider to force triple buffering and v-sync for TESV after using a command line to disable the in-game v-sync (not sure this is necessary to disable the in-game v-sync or not, but it was suggested so I did).

This was for my GTX560, so I don't know if the same fix applies for ATI cards or not.

Upvote 0
I thought the smelting for Dwarven metal was a nice touch, actually. Nothing cooler than a rare resource gathered from the corpse of a once mighty civilization. Makes me hope someone out there wants to expand the list of stuff you can make. With like.....8 different ores, there are hundreds of items people could potentially mod in, made from the best and rarest materials.

I didn't have much problem with the sentinels. Although it's probably because I'm grossly over-leveled at this point. I just use Unrelenting to stumble them and lay on the dual-wield attack. Then Lydia comes up and knocks it out of the park.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only problem I have with the game is the difference in difficulty of enemies. I am walking through the game like a breeze for 2 hours until I get one-hit-killed by a creature I barely saw... And I am not even a mage or something, pretty well armored as well...

I do not have a lot of patient with games, but it are illogical things like this that really kills it for me:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It does throw you when you're out in the wilderness, happily cutting through bandits in steel armor....and then you run into a half-naked savage with a knife and he takes less damage than full-armored badasses. Enemy mages seem ridiculously tough sometimes too, despite wearing nothing but a robe.

And then I'll cut a draugr scourge down in 3 hits. Gotta love Bethesda's level scaling. I expect one balance mod we'll see is putting dragons at the top of the food chain like they should be.

Upvote 0
It does throw you when you're out in the wilderness, happily cutting through bandits in steel armor....and then you run into a half-naked savage with a knife and he takes less damage than full-armored badasses. Enemy mages seem ridiculously tough sometimes too, despite wearing nothing but a robe.

And then I'll cut a draugr scourge down in 3 hits. Gotta love Bethesda's level scaling. I expect one balance mod we'll see is putting dragons at the top of the food chain like they should be.

Mages have quite a few buffs to prevent damage (Oakskin and the like) that are hard to spot until you've wailed on them a bit. The savages are pretty damn annoying, but go figure. I blame hallucinogenic drugs.

Upvote 0

So far it feels like it's been scaling quite well for me. Wolves are no match at all but things like bears, trolls, and those damn vampires are starting to show up a bit more. So it's still a challenge.

Then again, I'm a light armor magic user so...

Upvote 0
I'm to the point now where even trolls are going down fairly quickly, and bears are just slightly more durable wolves.

It's just those outlier NPCs where you're like, holy ****, what just happened. Went up against "The Cyromancer" and I was dead in 2 or 3 Ice Spikes. And I have like 240 life at this point.

As a light armor melee type it seems like the only thing I can't go toe-to-toe anymore with is a 2-hander enemy designed to wreck your ****.

Upvote 0
Daedric gear at level 25? I'm 35 and I'm just now seeing Ebony weapons drop.

Though I did find some Ebony armor at level 17.

Only problem I have with the game is the difference in difficulty of enemies. I am walking through the game like a breeze for 2 hours until I get one-hit-killed by a creature I barely saw... And I am not even a mage or something, pretty well armored as well...

I do not have a lot of patient with games, but it are illogical things like this that really kills it for me:(

It's weird.

Sometimes I'll get murdered by some random peasant flailing wildly with a woodcutting axe, and then when I reload to take him on again he can't even scratch me. Most of the time it doesn't do stuff like this but when it happens it's really annoying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0