• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Inexcusable...

Last time I ever make the mistake of buying a product from you, Tripwire. Peace.

While it might be cool to hate, if you want to get your issues sorted out, I'd suggest opening a thread in the support forum, and we'll try our best to help you out.

Here's the reason why. Crashes and game hampering performance have been our top priority since day one. We looked at the dump files that people submitted, rounded up the common offenders and fixed them. At this point, any remaining crashes that people might be experiencing are most likely unique and need to be dealt on a per-case basis. The staff and the community will help you find solutions, but we'll need some data to work with.

Upvote 0
an answer for ropedope's deleted post. you guys at trip feel free to delete it if it bothers you.

no. we didn't miss it. we also didn't miss the fact you were too lazy to find your dump files and submit them. you've been waiting patiently for something to happen for you. why? did you think the pc fairy was going to submit your files for you and it would magically be fixed? not gonna happen. then one of the devs is kind enough to reply to your rant and try and help and you pee on his reply? you sir get what you deserve, squat.
have a nice day!

Upvote 0
While his behaviour is simply childish, I don't get why TWI doesn't make a crash handler, that if possible detects a crash when it happens and automatically sends an e-mail containing the .dmp file and sends it to an e-mail adress of TWI.

I've seen other games do it, so I suspect it should be possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't help but wonder if that isn't just a troll thread.

While I am in no position to deny that some of the players might have such an issue I am convinced that they'd rather send one file - which is really not hard to do - to the TWI and try to cooperate in order to make their game running. Instead I can see him bashing one man from the developer team who was trying to assist him.

I had a problem with Bad Company 2, I was exchanging love letters, files and everything else needed with EA's technical help (problem was not really big, I was simply unable to join to the games of my friends). They didn't help much. They were unable to solve my issue. A friend of mine said: "That [beep]". I replayed: "At least they really tried to help me and no man can ask for more than that". Some time later problem has been solved without me doing anything.

Upvote 0
Some people (like the OP) always seem to forget that we are talking about a PC platform. Who does have a clean PC? I bet most of us don't have it (including me). We download and install all kinda crap from the internet. Did it ever occur to the OP that maybe some other application or driver or service is causing the crash?
In the past I had problems with some other game. And guess what... it was caused by the Lexmark printer driver ?!?!?!?!

Upvote 0
Well holy hell batman, my Windows 7 crashed, my crappy computer doesn't seem to handle it very well, I'm not patient enough to wait for a patch that fixes my specific issue & I'm too cheap to upgrade..... maybe I should go run off to Microsoft and bang on their doors demanding a "refound"

Yeah..... because all the programs, games and operating systems out there that you have used over the years have been perfectly flawless from day 1 release :rolleyes:

And people wonder why they're called self-entitled and are not taken seriously.

Holycrap, the attitude of some people are without respect.

A friend of mine has a 1 year old pc. I installed win7 on it and some days later began the problems. His pc didnt like win7.
I took his pc at home and began a process by the faults in his windows logbooks. I can tell you i was a half day busy to cure his system. From that moment till.now has he no more problems.

I remember a moment with ROost. The game didnt start anymore.
The problems was solved by cleaning the pc from spy/malware.

When i read the "problem" forum, there aren't many people who writes what they have done to solve their problem and which system the have. And when it is done i see that it are mostly winxp systems. Then i think it.is a ram problem.

Upvote 0
TWI should have just sold us the resources (textures, sounds, etc) and the SDK, then have us put the game together ourselves; considering we're probably gonna have to mod out just about every feature/bug in this game.

It would probably turn out to be of higher quality too. itll be the IKEA of gaming

Upvote 0
TWI should have just sold us the resources (textures, sounds, etc) and the SDK, then have us put the game together ourselves; considering we're probably gonna have to mod out just about every feature/bug in this game.

It would probably turn out to be of higher quality too. itll be the IKEA of gaming

No.It would be a game made by the worst mod team ever with no concept and no roadmap. Do you think the whole forum would be keen on pixelhunting (no zoom) in RO2 like some people suggested?

and to OP: Do you think ANY software comes out without bugs? I used to program in turbo pascal. No program has no bugs! Read the EULA for Windows for example. There is a part where it says "...MS delivers a working OS WIndows...ect" (sic). "Working doesn't mean: no crashes 24/7 with every PC setup. Hell, BF3 - with a programmers staff several times bigger than TW - had alot of bugs, too! Oh my gosh! How did this happen? It just happens!

Some game delevopers don't even have "support forums" or if, they don't answer questions.

Upvote 0
He has the right to feel 'entitled' to a working game, since that's what he paid for.

If I'd gone to the trouble of redownloading 10 Gigs and reinstalling Windows, I'd probably be a bit grumpy too.

Define working game?

If by definition you mean a game that works for 100% of the people then I'm pretty sure there's also 100% of the people that don't have such a game as it simply doesn't exist.

If by definition you mean works for many but is broken for some, then I'd urge those that don't have it working to have some human decency and have some patience.

And lastly if you think it works for few and is broken for many. Then I really wonder what statistics you are looking at because there's no specific graph that tells you how many people left due to performance issues. People seem rather quick in posting the steam statistics but most just interprete the information rather oddly.

And if you're measuring user happiness based on complaints on the forums, they are hardly representative when it's always the same 10 people that have the most pronounced opinions here.

So I'm not saying that it's wrong to expect a working game, but it is wrong to get disrespectful and grumpy about it because that's basically what holds back the developers from fixing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
He has the right to feel 'entitled' to a working game, since that's what he paid for.

If I'd gone to the trouble of redownloading 10 Gigs and reinstalling Windows, I'd probably be a bit grumpy too.

Go back and see post #16

I can't even remember how many times I ended up reinstalling windows over the years..... simply because of a windows issue, let alone from another program.

There have been dozens of times where I had to reinstall Oblivion, or some other game or program, because it either suddenly stopped working, or never worked in the first place.

The thing is, he reinstalled windows and didn't even have to, as it obviously didn't fix the problem, so he wasted his own time, when he could have just sent in a dump file & wait for a fix.

So if he wants to be grumpy for reinstalling windows, he only has himself to be grumpy at.

I paid for all kinds of programs/software over the years and many of them never worked right off the bat or got screwed up after a while & required a patch or update to fix..... or I had to go through hoops to get it to work on my own.

I spent over a week between forums just to try and get BFBC2 to function at a decent level, as well as bouncing back and forth with EA Support to get the unlocks that I paid for..... and this was just a couple of months ago..... how long has that game been out and people still have to do this crap?

Maybe I should have gone and demanded a refund...... after I got the game working, I didn't end up enjoying it anyways & felt like a big waste of my time and my money.

But I didn't, because that's the way the gaming/software industry works...... and as soon as you purchase and play or use something.... as soon as you take it out of the box, 90% of all retailers and suppliers won't take it back for a number of reasons.

They will argue that you could have copied the serial keys & disc.

They will try and determine if you met the minimum system requirements and if one single thing doesn't match up, they won't accept a refund.

They will assume that customer support & updates will come out over time and resolve your issues and it's simply not worth their time to bother with your problems.

^ These are some of the examples of things I've experienced over the years.

Basically, you can either work towards trying to fix your problem and work with the company that supplied you the product..... or you can spend your time trying to get your money back with very little success.

Or you can do neither and just frequent internet forums just to rage on about how angry you are...... with very little success.

Another option is to just walk away from the game & the community, learn a lesson and go play something else.

There's all sorts of choices one can pick from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LoL, you mean derailing a thread about the game CTD criticism by pointing out your lies about CTD problems being "top priority".

Yeah, really off topic... How about getting a refund on your scam "game" instead? oh wait, that would probably blow Tripwires epic sales numbers.

All the best,
ex buyer of Tripwire products.

[TW]redeye said:
Dear JojoTheSlayer,

You have received an infraction at Tripwire Interactive Forums.

Reason: Derailing Thread
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/xentemp/index.php?posts/969846/
... Here's the reason why. Crashes and game hampering performance have been our top priority since day one.

Day one? Really...
So you guys have been having performance issues for X years and its still not fixed?

Some excuses are not really that great once one reflect on what was actually said.
All the best,
Tripwire Interactive Forums

Upvote 0
Splash screen to rogame.exe doesn't work

Splash screen to rogame.exe doesn't work

Okay as always after a patch I have a problem...last few times have been relatively simple..delete config files..delete blog registry...here are the .dmp files..but guys you really owe the community an apology about this or at least an all hands on deck effort to find out what is going on...Most people are not going not going to bother to do google searches etc...they are just going to say junk and move on...I like the game but its getting pretty frustrating...I would stop patching it until you have this figured out...View attachment unreal-v7258-2011.12.20-12.03.52.dmp

View attachment unreal-v7258-2011.12.20-12.01.14.dmp

View attachment unreal-v7258-2011.12.20-11.57.59.dmp

Upvote 0