• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

November 15th Update Changelist

my minfps are up, framedrops are less frequent and less severe. sometimes there are still huge random drops to 20 fps, which lasts about a second. it happens every 1-2 minutes (the same thing happened on certain bc2-servers, maybe it has something to do with punkbuster).
nice performance boost, more stable fps, some hick-ups.
keep up the good work twi!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the feedback. Whenever you leave a performance related comment, please post your system specs so that we can evaluate those better.

E6600
4 GB DDR2
550Ti
Windows 7 64bit

There are some big stuttering problems: as someone said: 20-30 fps drops and some 1-2 second freezes every minute or so.

This happened before today's small patch and after 8 nov patch. It's either Punkbuster or Windows updates from this week, or something else.

Seen this on all servers, so I don't think it's server related.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the patch.

Played for an hour or so 50 pc =TaT= server with 12-20 players. Really good fps. 55-90 most of the time. Took marksmen to see if scope fps was better. Played on Spartanovka and scope fps always in the green. The problem was the stutter like others have mentioned here. 1/2 to 2 second stutter where game hangs. Doesn't seem to be because of arty or voip(?) Happened when killed at close quarters pretty bad. Still get double sight bug sometimes when in zoom.

9kv2tf.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are some big stuttering problems: as someone said: 20-30 fps drops and some 1-2 second freezes every minute or so.

This happened before today's small patch and after 8 nov patch. It's either Punkbuster or Windows updates from this week, or something else.
Yeah, I can confirm this, it started happening before this last update went in and only happens in multiplayer. It definitely smells like a punkbuster issue.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I can confirm this, it started happening before this last update went in and only happens in multiplayer. It definitely smells like a punkbuster issue.

Hmmm I thought that server problem only, but I can confirm that. My team played esl match yesterday around 21:00 CET and most of players noticed that problem (small lagspikes/freezes) so before patch was released. No idea if PB has been updated..

AH! Now I found it. PB screenshot function is working now and that could be the reason of these freezes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
played a solid hour tonight for the first time in quite a while.

DD server with around 30 players or so, mix of TE and FF.

my micro-stutters are gone, my fps is better (it didn't go up but it's more stable without the drastic drops.)

running a mix of mostly high with some medium settings, getting upper 40's to lower 60's solid.

PhII x3 720 @ 2.8
4 gigs pc1333
Win7 64

I know I've been among those quite dis-satisfied with the game's performance and many of the gameplay design changes, but tonite was actually pretty OK.

Still looking for that elusive 'Enhanced Ostfront' mode though.

Thanks for your continuing support. I'm sticking around, perhaps not with the fervor I thought I'd have....but still here.

Reactions: CrossTrain
Upvote 0
Hmmm I thought that server problem only, but I can confirm that. My team played esl match yesterday around 21:00 CET and most of players noticed that problem (small lagspikes/freezes) so before patch was released. No idea if PB has been updated..

AH! Now I found it. PB screenshot function is working now and that could be the reason of these freezes.
Though it may be PB related. The freezes were happening before we turned screenshots on. And, too, I doubt that every PB server admin has gone in and turned auto-screenshots on. They are off by default. My guess is that PB is now running additional cvar checks or some other checks now. As I posted in another thread, often the default pb server config settings are a little overzealous. They may require a little tweaking from the server admins.

Upvote 0
Though it may be PB related. The freezes were happening before we turned screenshots on. And, too, I doubt that every PB server admin has gone in and turned auto-screenshots on. They are off by default. My guess is that PB is now running additional cvar checks or some other checks now. As I posted in another thread, often the default pb server config settings are a little overzealous. They may require a little tweaking from the server admins.

We have CVAR check list from ROLadder and it never was a problem. It must something different.

Last edited:
Upvote 0