• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sudden crashes after 30sec ingame

Anoobis

Sep 27, 2011
So far I have only experienced these crashes you sometimes get while map-changing. No other crashes yet.

But, suddenly since today, the game crashes everytime 30-40 secs after I entered a mp-match. Until then everything as usual: Game loads, Main-Menu, Browser, Loading Game, Playing...then - blackscreen.

I have already defragmentated the local data and checked the data in steam. I really have no clue what to do. Any hints Gentlemen?

Anoobis

edit: System: Windows xp, Ati 4980 (1024), 4 GB Ram, E8500@3,16

Textures: Most on Ultra.

Last Dump: unreal-v7258-2011.11.16-00.31.53.dmp

Last edited:
Crash here too after patch

Crash here too after patch

I have the same problems!!!!!

Map is loaded.....seconds after that crash....crash.....crash....crash.

all since the 15.11 patch.....

and before this patch i had micro freezes/lags....i guess they were caused by the punkbuster screenshot crap which was established 1 day before. The same i recognized on BFBC2 server which had PB-screenshots enabled....

The game is nearly unplayable....or at least it is very annoying

Upvote 0
For people who are crashing after the latest patch, can you please provide the following information?

1. What OS are you running? Please also mention whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit.
2. How much RAM do you have?
3. What are your texture settings set to?

If indeed you're running into memory issues, I'd suggest setting your texture level to 'High' for now and maybe also set bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True in your ROEngine.ini. This should allow you to play the game.

We'll get this fixed at the earliest. If you set bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True and it is currently false, make sure to set it to false again once this problem is patched up.

Reactions: Hans_klempner
Upvote 0
For people who are crashing after the latest patch, can you please provide the following information?

If indeed you're running into memory issues, I'd suggest setting your texture level to 'High' for now and maybe also set bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True in your ROEngine.ini. This should allow you to play the game.

We'll get this fixed at the earliest. If you set bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True and it is currently false, make sure to set it to false again once this problem is patched up.

I think I can speak for all of us, Thank you for the quick response.

Honestly, at first I thought my OS was screwing up as I am running Windows XP 32 bit, which I know is scraping the bottom line for ROHOS.
Alas, I was running the game fine for months, on Ultra Texture and Ultra character detail.

My issues began this week.
I set my settings to down to High,but the issue still persists, also checked the video drivers but its up to date.

Windows XP 32
AMD Phenom 9600 2.3 GHz quad
4 GB of Ram (pfff I cant recall DDR2? is there such thing? )
nVidia GTX 285 at 1GB

Upvote 0

Thx for the response. Had no time to test the .ini-tweak yet.

Interesting is that I have this problem not since the last patch, but from one hour to the other yesterday evening (timezone: central europe).

System: Windows xp (32bit), Ati 4980 (@1024Gb), 4 GB Ram, E8500@3,16GHz

Upvote 0
Windows 7 (32 bit)
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (@ 3,7 GHz)
4 GB DDR3 (666MHz) Ram
Radeon HD 5770 (1GB)
fast SSD Harddisk
Windows, steam, Ro2, Punkbuster <--all updated

I tested different graphic settings...very high and very low....always the same problem with crashes.

The last stand which did not work in attachments as screenshot.

Attachments

• 2011-11-16_00001.jpg
    2011-11-16_00001.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your tips did NOT help....it still crashs the same way before.

I found two "roengine.ini" in: - "...\UnrealEngine3\ROGame"
- "...\RedOrchestra2\ROGame"

in both cases i ensured: "bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True"

my grafic setting gone to "high" (take a look in actual attachment).

P.S.: The last 4 dumpfiles and several before all have a size of "0 KB"...so i am not able to upload these "not" existing files.

In my reply in the following Thread/Link you can find my few dumpfiles existing:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=63486

Attachments

• 2011-11-16_00002.jpg
    2011-11-16_00002.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same here, nothing of the above worked, not even deleting all ini files and restarting the game.

Win 7 x86 home premium
i5 3.2ghz
4Gb RAM (3 avalaible 4 the OS due to 32 bit)
ATI HD 5450

Textures, detail level, and character details on high, depthoffield false, dynamic shadows false, AA and almost everything else except Onethread framelag dissabled = 50FPS average

Upvote 0