• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"What we are up to" - Nov 15th

As I've seen several people asking about new content. We have several items in production. This includes previously mentioned things, as well as some new maps. We aren't saying much about them at this stage yet, as some may or may not see the light of day in their current forms or at all after extensive testing and play testing to determine how they work out.

They are being designed with community feedback and requests in mind however.

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong I am not dissing the game, I enjoy and play it lots, but our server has died, and we were one of the busiest in Europe, ThePARA servers used to be chock full on the TE server 38 players and people asking for room, and between 28 and 32 on the CD server (TE is a 38 man server, CD 32) now were lucky if we get 4 public players on the TE and the CD server gets none.

Just did a random check (9 o'clock PM), and you're not wrong. It's not as healthy as you would hope it would be. If you like CD, you're totally out of luck. More game-modes or paid mods would probably do the game community more harm than good at the moment.

RO2.jpg

Cheers for the update anyway, Yoshiro.

Reactions: MtnMan01
Upvote 0
I must request that you lot do more to differentiate the realism and relaxed modes. This might include more sight sway, reduced effect of bandaging (i.e. wounds are more often lethal, only extremity wounds can be bandaged), effects from wounds, and so forth for the realism mode that the differences aren't limited purely to the HUD and absence of sidearms from most load outs. Keep up the work and hopefully you can revive the game before it's too late.

Upvote 0
Since we don't have our blog structure in place yet, I felt I would make this post to give the community a general idea on what we are up to here at the office.

To start it off, some of you may have noticed the KF Halloween event has come to an end. And do I hear jingling not to far off in the distance?

As to Red Orchestra 2, work continues on all fronts. We are investigating the stutter/micro stutter issue. We have some early promising results and are testing some things now to improve the situation. We continue to work on other performance improvements, but this should be the first one to make it out the door in the near future.

Work has also been done on improving the Occlusion quality system resulting in better performance when using the lower settings. The most improvement will be seen when using sniper scopes.

As far as maps go, we have made changes to maps to work on the spawn camping issue that many players are reporting. The level design team has also balanced out the role availability differences between infantry only and combined arms maps.

Last but not least we are nearing the end of the beta stage of our SDK and will release it to all RO 2 owners with code publishing support.

As to the future, we are working on the features that did not make launch including Multiplayer Campaign and several additional clan match systems. The design team is also taking in community feedback and is looking at potential changes to gameplay. We'll have more on this in the future as more gets done on these.

Thanks for the heads up... this certainly helps people know what to expect in the future and not left in limbo.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: TT33
Upvote 0