• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shooting Weapon Then Dying

theking

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
I have found a very annoying bug were you fire off up to 2 rounds direct head shots but die straight after , your death cancels out the rounds. Even if you were to die the fact is the bullets have left the barrel of the gun and are speeding towards there target. Being shot and killed straight after does not change this.

Reactions: jinnwarior and Prof
Lag. The server reported you being hit in the head (dead) before your packets that would have reported hit(s) to his head arrived, so as far as the server is concerned you are dead and your shot(s) didn't happen. Double kills (sans slow death / bleeding) are all but impossible in RO2 as far as I've seen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lag. The server reported you being hit in the head (dead) before your packets that would have reported hit(s) to his head arrived, so as far as the server is concerned you are dead and your shot(s) didn't happen. Double kills (sans slow death / bleeding) are all but impossible in RO2 as far as I've seen.
Indeed. Only "double kills" I've had are due to bleedout. It's a real pain in the a**, especially when I know that it was a perfect shot.

Upvote 0
Indeed. Only "double kills" I've had are due to bleedout. It's a real pain in the a**, especially when I know that it was a perfect shot.

Odd. I distinctly remember multiple times when I insta-killed someone while insta-dying from their shots a few times early on. I can't recall it happening lately, but I haven't been playing much the last few weeks.

(One of us bleeding out seems far more common of course.)

I wonder if it was actually an issue of I was 'bleeding out' while not displaying the effects on my side due to lag or something.

Upvote 0
defektive said:
Double kills (sans slow death / bleeding) are all but impossible in RO2 as far as I've seen.
I am not sure what you mean by double kills (two enemies shooting each other simultaneously?) I had a few of these today - the guy killed me and I killed him in the same moment. We repeated it about three times in a single round.

I killed two people in one shoot too - I aimed at the head and it managed to hit the second man into stomach and killed him. It was scoped Mosin Nagant on Apartments. They were shooting from the basement into our people entering the area.

I also managed to kill people while bleeding or dying slowly. Once I killed the enemy with my bare hands, I had no ammo left and no time to reload so I started to hit things around me as I was unable to move - the German was too close and he hit the dirt sooner than I did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prof
Upvote 0
Not entirely on topic, but another annoying bug (possible intended feature) is that when you shoot someone into slowdeath and someone else puts a bullet into him during that bleedoutime, they get credit for the kill. Since an enemy cant do anythign besides spray randomly in the bleed out time they become very easy targets for anyone else wishing to ks. Very annoying sometimes, especially in long distance situations where it becomes very hard to put a proper finishing shot in before some else ks you.

Upvote 0
Not entirely on topic, but another annoying bug (possible intended feature) is that when you shoot someone into slowdeath and someone else puts a bullet into him during that bleedoutime, they get credit for the kill. Since an enemy cant do anythign besides spray randomly in the bleed out time they become very easy targets for anyone else wishing to ks. Very annoying sometimes, especially in long distance situations where it becomes very hard to put a proper finishing shot in before some else ks you.

Very true. I've kill stealed a few times and felt bad about it. In the end its -1 reinforcement ticket but I'd say make Kill Steal count 1 point toward weapon kill and not 2 perhaps.

Upvote 0
Team wound penalties are usually applied when the team-mate you hurt dies, at least thats from what I can gather.

It's possible for two people to kill eachother at more or less the same time, just quite rare. :p

I'm quite sure Grenades do not disapear when you die, and you still get kill points from them if you threw it BEFORE dying, if you drop the grenade after getting killed, you don't get any points.

Upvote 0
I thought it was my imagination, since there were times when I fired and should have killed, but did not. I assumed it was a lag miss, where he had moved and wasn't where he appeared on my screen.

It did not occur to me my bullet was canceled when I was declared dead!

I think that blows, frankly. There were times when my bullet was certainly out of my barrel at the time his bullet hit me.

However, I have killed the guy who killed me on a number of occasions. Either I was bleeding out or he was.

I hate it when I die from someone I killed. But I love it when I killed them. :)

Upvote 0

Indeed. The one causing the bleedout should get the kill points, the second shot finishing off the enemy should just giving an assist kill.

Upvote 0
Indeed. The one causing the bleedout should get the kill points, the second shot finishing off the enemy should just giving an assist kill.

I agree. The first shot causes the death,albeit by bleed out. The second shot finishes the job. I suppose it could be argued that if the second shot was a head or heart shot , that is the kill shot. Which, if it is, then the Principle shooter should get an assist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0