• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

November 8th Update Changelist

anyone else noticing significant fps drops? 5-10 less min fps at same settings after the patch for me. :(
mr_horse_as_a_gi.png

"no, sir. i don't like it!"

Nope! Running great. :IS2:

Upvote 0
-Fixed an animation bug causing gun sights to become misaligned
-Fixed main menu movie corruption (random green squares) when going to/from fullscreen when the startup movies are playing
-Drastically reduced occurrences of the "double ironsights" issue

Thanks for the patch but still having some of these issues.

I alt+tab out of game to look at TS for a moment and the green squares were on the startup movies when I went back in.

Still getting double ironsights frequently.

Neither of these are terribly urgent but they persist.

Some of us thought the sounds post patch seemed a bit muffled or something. Does this have to do with fixing the sound bug stuff?

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
Switching lead programmers when there's so very many changes that need to be made to fix the game up, both technical and gameplay wise? I'm not sure if this is a good or bad sign for future updates...

I'm quite certain that no one outside of Tripwire has enough information to make anything but baseless assumptions regarding that, so why make any at all?

Reread.

Well Ramm used Amerikaners words to calm everyone down before the beta went out to a broader audience. His opinion has since done a 180.

Anything he has said since the above, goes in one ear and out the other because he was clearly confused while in the earlier beta, or less than honest.

Incidentally, I got a refund this morning, so I'm not really interested anymore :)

It was fun and still is, but meh, I'll be back for the mods.
Really not what I expected you to say, from all of your posts it seemed that you've been playing and enjoying the game. And from some of Amerikaners posts it's the same for him. IIRC he made a thread about his mostly positive views of the game. Some people here have consistency issues I think :p.

My opinion has never changed. I like the game. I've stated that numerous times in my posts. It's possible to like the game and be disappointed in it at the same time, a fact lost on many people around here, which is part of the reason why I wrote the "practice moderation" thread.

The only thing I did a "180" on is my confidence in Tripwire's direction for the game. I stayed optimistic before and after the rough launch and gave TWI the benefit of the doubt that they'd get all the issues sorted relatively quickly. Unfortunately they haven't, and worse than that, popular community issues are being completely ignored and dismissed as random isolated whining. That's the reason I've taken a more disappointed tone recently, despite liking the game the whole time. The frustration comes from the thought of what I think alot of us feel, RO2 has the potential to be a masterpiece but it's puzzlingly and frustratingly being allowed to become at best, a good but flawed game.

Upvote 0
anyone else noticing significant fps drops? 5-10 less min fps at same settings after the patch for me. :(
mr_horse_as_a_gi.png

"no, sir. i don't like it!"

i have to withdraw my statement. it seems that fusion bugged out, switching the profile to another and back did the trick. i was playing all evening and had my normal crappy lowfps. i'm glad the patch had nothing to do with it after all. the former post was a good opportunity to use mr. horse though :D

I would be happy to, if i can enjoy the non castretet version, too.
But sadly i live in one of the most ****ed up countries in the milky way.
i had to wait almost one month till my import arrived, but taking the rough launch into consideration, that might not have been a bad thing. i hate censorship with a passion, i always buy my games imported if they are being censored. the uncut version is rated "15 - contains occasional strong gore".

Last edited:
Upvote 0