• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CS style tagging?

THG repo said:
Scout for life.
Scoped Mosin-Nagant 91/30 for life, brother.

Seriously, though - why on Earth would you want to tag things? I've seen that in CS/DOD:S and it just strikes me as mental masturbation - i.e. it pleases no one but yourself. People send half the frigging round spraying pictures of their ugly girlfriend all over the walls and all you hear is "ssssssssssssssssssss". :rolleyes:

Addtionally,RO:O may be on Steam but the game is on the UT2004 engine. Maybe CS/DOD:S support "tagging" natively, but I've never seen a Unreal Engine-based game with it in there (not that it couldn't be done if you REALLY wanted it in there).

Upvote 0
I tag stuff up in source games. If anyone remembers the tag's that Erk made of the RO logo and website. So I tag for advertising.

Some of the tags I have seen are distasteful, and sometimes my sons like to watch me play. I don't have a problem with them seeing me or them play fps games, but they don't need to see goatse on the side of a building.

Upvote 0
Weirdest suggestion I've heard for RO. Ever.

I tag stuff a lot in CS, but just for fun...actually I love to tag pictures of AK's and M4A1's on the ground :) .

RO:O's education curve (separate from in-game learning curve) will entertain all of us for the next year or so. Anyone want to take the over-under on "t4gging in RO pleaz" threads in the next 12 months? How about bets on the number of "I cant select medic class" threads?

Well of course you have to expect that; the CS team had that too when the mod was just out a while (people were asking how to get/buy DoubleDamage) so I expect these forums to be filled with folks after the Steam release, suggesting flashlights, sprays, faster run speeds, and buying ammo...

Upvote 0
Carazor said:
so I expect these forums to be filled with folks after the Steam release, suggesting flashlights, sprays, faster run speeds, and buying ammo...
Maybe the Devs should put a sticky thread like: What is Red Orchestra? READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU POST PLEASE!! Like the thread at steams RO forum. It could say what RO is (realism oriented) and what it will never be (arcadey deathmatch ADD orgy in WW2 spraypaint). Maybe that will head off some of the new players who don't understand what RO's about (yet).

Last edited:
Upvote 0