• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What would it take for YOU to start playing RO2 again?

I'm wondering what it would take for TWI to get people into the game again. Obviously most people, whether they play or not, don't actually use this forum. It would still be interesting at least to get a cross section of opinions.
Wounding system....lower smg counts by default....fix ping...remove zoom vision key...change prone system...recommend against 64 player servers since the code clearly can't support it...buff bolts by removing cheesy pixel adjustment...

Upvote 0
Since zoom is an option now, attachable/removable bayonets, proper weapon loadouts (1 mkb for whole German platoon) machinegun handling like RO1, longer bandage and bleed out time, wounding effects like RO1, PTRD instead of PTRS, removal of tank AI, more realistic hand map, compass for officers/NCOS (no not minimap) and serverside option of weapon shot from hand would be nice too.

Upvote 0
Bigger, more open levels.
More consistent bullet penetration.
Harder to successfully aim - I don't care if it's realistic or not. It's not fun being killed by some guy who knows where, respawn, and repeat process.
Less unlocks & upgrades.
Fixing MG when prone. FFS. It's a flat surface. Please game.
More obvious level boundaries.
Not much indication what numbers mean on a cap point. Is it my team who has more men, or theirs? Who knows!
Ability to mute players. Maybe this was fixed in a patch, but I couldn't find how to mute individual players.

Upvote 0
Sway tied to stamina, Cover on its own key, about 1.5 seconds of inaccuracy resulting from sight misalignment after shouldering the weapon, extra unlockable MG for Russians (the one from the tanks), fewer automatic weapons and more bolts, SDK, better hitreg, optimisation on the server side to improve ping. Better deployed MG handling, worse hipfired MG handling (walking while firing gives tons of recoil, add inertia to hip-carried MGs so that turning is slower and moire clumsy).

Last edited:
Reactions: DasFist
Upvote 0
Make movement and aiming more realistic, I want to play as a soldier, not a super-soldier. Or to use the words TWI use, feel like I'm in a war, not a war movie. Some examples:

• The movement speed is realistic if you're running on good ground in a straight line. But not when running indoors making sharp turns indoor, running over rubble or train-tracks.
  • The time it takes to raise your weapon is realistic when standing still. But not if you want to align your sights properly or coming out from a sprint.
  • Considering how fast the sprint is in the game both acceleration and acceleration should be way slower.
  • Reloading is ridiculously fast, especially while moving.
  • Weapon sway is too low, it might be okay if you're braced against something (is this in RO2? I can't tell) but basically no effect from getting exhausted. I saw a video someone posted here on the forum showing the effect. The thing is though that the sway is so small that I've never aimed long enough for it to kick in. It feels like the sway amount doesn't take into account that you can compensate for it.
  • In essence, everything seems to be made realistic in the sense that a super human under the right conditions could do it, but only one at a time.
Leaning is the only thing which I find is very clumsy and very slow in the game, maybe that just is because everything else is so fast. Makes me feel the devs have done everything in their might to promote run and gun gameplay.

Oh yeah, I would need to be able to play the game completely free from the progression system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's my humble list, in no particular order:

• A viable way to play without the progression system, one that isen't a second class citizen in the server browser.
  • A viable way to play with historically accurate loadouts without having to disable realistic things to get rid of unrealistic ones (example: yes to PPSh with drums and modeselector, no to MP-40/II).
  • Innertia/Momentum for not just player movement, but for weapons aswell, especially heavy ones.
  • Options to disable zoom stage 1, 2 or 1+2 (1= aim button, 2= shift button) for servers wanting that.
  • Slower anims, reloading, weapon switching, aiming, etc, having them this fast prevents tactical depth.
  • Slower movement, not by a lot, but a bit slower would be an improvement.
  • Either nix the bandage system entirely, or make drastic changes to it, bleedout should take longer, bandaging should take longer, but wounds should matter, render you much less combat effective.
  • Make aiming harder, i don't care if it's done via sway, longer time to allign the sights, or any other reasonable mechanic, but the split second aiming has to go, and momentum must be used to prevent instant 180 degree snap shooting.
  • MG's should never be easy hipefired rambo guns, ever, use lots of momentum, nerf the recoil in hip mode if you must, but the game should not incourage people to considder the MG's as "That SMG with the awesome penetration values".
  • Stamina should effect aiming, there needs to be consequences and tactical choices to be made when using sprint.
  • options to tweak and even fully disable lockdown.
  • Tweaks to, or the removal of the "protected area" system, it's putting to many constraints on how and when we can use alternate paths on the maps.
  • Better keybind options, including hold key options instead of only toggle options for all appropriate areas (aim, crouch and use-cover for instance), and the abillity to easilly split the functions of keys with multiple functions (the "F" key beeing a prime example, the "shift" key beeing another).
  • The abillity to mount/dismount bayonets, aswell to choose whitch attachments you want to use or not use from what you've unlocked / what the server allows.
  • The abillity for servers to force levels and attachments to be avalible to all if it wants to allow them in unranked mode, players should not have to first grind for equipment on ranked servers to enjoy playing on an unranked server, it makes no sense, ranked and unranked should not be dependant on eachother like this, they should be sepperate.
  • Spawn protection, and better concealed spawns, spawn-raping should not be happening, dropping arty on spawns shoulden't either, nor should the enemy be able to park a tank half way across the map but have clear line of fire on the enemy spawn.
  • Less automatic weapons and more bolts, with appropriate scaling for servers with fewer slots.
  • Bug fixes and performance tweaks, obviously, adding the missing finishing touches to game UI's and whatnot, standard polishing fair.
  • Server presets with appropriate filter options so we can easilly find them. Options and customization is good, yes, but there is something to be said for server consistancy aswell, and creating some good preset options that we know people will want (because they keep asking for it) is a lot easier than creating entire game modes, so it's a win/win.
And that's what springs to mind right now, enjoy.

EDIT: Added a few more bullet points. Also bear in mind that many of the realism based tweaks i'm suggesting here i only suggest for Realism mode, they may not be equally appreciated by the people who wants to play the relaxed realism mode, and they really don't have to apply to that mode, it's OK if there are some differences in the modes, infact it would be a good thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0