• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Removing "Edge marker" in Realism mode

Removing "Edge marker" in Realism mode

• Yes, for both types of realism.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • Yes, for hardcore, leave it in standard.

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • No.

Votes: 50 42.4%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 12 10.2%

• Total voters
markers for teammates should not be different from markers from enemy.

Where did I say markers from teammates should be different? With false positives, I mean, from time to time, randomly, you would see a blip on your screen without anything being there. Just to make the blips not a 100% reliable tracking tool. Also, to f*ck with your mind and add paranoia.

Upvote 0
What markers? Like right on the edges of the screen? And it shows you enemy direction and range?! I have never had this feature at all!

You mean this whole time I have been a WWII troop fighting against future soldiers with motion sensors?

Somehow this makes me very proud and sad at the same time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From screenshots I have seen, I'd say some people don't recognize them because they are pretty small on a larger screen resolution.
On 1280x1024 they really can't be overlooked imo.

Its realistic, lmao at all these dumbos

So bright markers flashing up indicating enemies in your periphal view at night or while your inside smoke is realistic, or what?!

Periphal view is indeed a feature of your eye. But the implementation needs some work. That is what a lot of people here are suggesting.

I wish people would start to read posts and think before jumping in a thread, making non-constructive posts and harrassing the folks trying to discuss suggestions / find improvements / deliver constructive critique. m(

Reactions: Cyper
Upvote 0
From screenshots I have seen, I'd say some people don't recognize them because they are pretty small on a larger screen resolution.
On 1280x1024 they really can't be overlooked imo.

So bright markers flashing up indicating enemies in your periphal view at night or while your inside smoke is realistic, or what?!

Periphal view is indeed a feature of your eye. But the implementation needs some work. That is what a lot of people here are suggesting.

I wish people would start to read posts and think before jumping in a thread, making non-constructive posts and harrassing the folks trying to discuss suggestions / find improvements / deliver constructive critique. m(

Works both ways. Exhibit A:

Cyper said:
Who can say no to this? :D

It's a great idea!

Upvote 0
There is no way I could have overlooked that. I deliberately start up the game after seeing this thread and paid extra attention to the screen.

No dice.

Could be a serious bug here.
Well, it is situational. It's not as some are making out and you get constant flashes of neon saying "ENEMY OVER HERE @ 25 METERS!"

If an enemy moves outside your viewable area, but within a realistic range of human peripheral vision (up to about 185 degrees according Alan Wilson in an interview) there will be a small flash on the edge of the screen that is larger for closer movement and smaller for more distant movement. If that situation doesn't come up you won't see the indicator.

It's certainly possible the feature is bugged for some, lord knows there have been more than a couple bugs that were not universally experienced with this game.

Upvote 0
Or you could employ actual skill as a player by keeping track of surroundings yourself.

You know, people have more than a 50 degree vision, and can see much more than you can display on your monitor...hence the indicators. However, you should not be able detect enemies that are in smoke or foliage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mormegil
Upvote 0
Sorry to insist but in 230 hours of playing I've never seen such things on my screen. If someone could post a screen or a link to a steam gallery I'd really appreciate.

2011-09-22_0000422.jpg

Its hard to miss, so only thing I can assume it's somehow bugged...

Upvote 0
You know, people have more than a 50 degree vision, and can see much more than you can display on your monitor...hence the indicators.
I'm aware of why they added it, and I still think players should maintain situational awareness for themselves.

Of course, as I said, they can always allow us to set the FOV to 90 again, like they did for Beta, which would make it much easier to do the job yourself.

Reactions: Wookie87
Upvote 0