• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mount and blade

I'm enjoying cRPG mod a lot, despite the fact I suck so badly at it. I like games were you start with a lot to learn and can see skilful players around showing how its done. Great combat system with lots of depth and room for player skill or tactics

It can be hard to start with but if you get over the initial learning curve and get to grips with how to block and how or when to do each attack direction its worth it.

I play on the Battle servers, not really a fan of Siege atm. I'm lucky to get 1:1 k:d ratio atm but its fun

Upvote 0
Have never been able to play beyond 1/2 hours without giving up.

I accept an errand to find Lord Eggnort who may or may not be near herp. I Travel to herp for 10 mins, he's not there. Oh well I think he can't be too far away so I speak to the locals, they tell me he's now near derp the place I've just come from. So I travel back another 10 minutes to find Lord Eggnort has now moved on towards some other place that sounds/looks just like everywhere else. Ahh jeez, so I abandon that errand as it will only anger me further. So look at my next errand. Find Lord Poobert, his last known position is in the field near herpnderp, halfway across the map. Ride there, takes ages. Fight loads of bandits en-route. Arrive at herpnderp. Lord Poobert has plundered the town and it's now surrounded by large groups of enemies. So ride off before I'm slaughtered and head back to Lord Poobert's castle. He should be back by now. I get there, no sign of Lord Poobert. Wait a good few days as I can't be bothered riding uphill and downhill and he doesn't show up. Get angry. Ride off in search of Lord Poobert. About 10 mins away get a new report that he has returned home to his castle, ffs I seethe. So I ride back to his castle, only for there to be no sign of him when I arrive.

I'm guessing these errands aren't really important and you are meant to complete them randomly when you run across them. I can't play games that way. If I get an errand I like to complete it and wipe it from the list. i don't like the list to grow in size with annoying errands to complete. :(

Reactions: smokeythebear
Upvote 0

Disregard errands, build armies.

The quests are lame, make your own story. That's where the fun is.

Pick fights, raid caravans, beat up bandits, turn your little band of farmers into a badass group of mercs and beat up anyone who says otherwise (avoiding lords, of course, at least until you're nice and powerful).

Then seize your own castle and build your MIGHTY BANDIT KINGDOM from there.

One of my favorite "storylines" to play. M&B is all about telling your own story. Like Minecraft. It's best when you give yourself a project and work at it.

Upvote 0
Disregard errands, build armies.

The quests are lame, make your own story. That's where the fun is.

Pick fights, raid caravans, beat up bandits, turn your little band of farmers into a badass group of mercs and beat up anyone who says otherwise (avoiding lords, of course, at least until you're nice and powerful).

Then seize your own castle and build your MIGHTY BANDIT KINGDOM from there.

One of my favorite "storylines" to play. M&B is all about telling your own story. Like Minecraft. It's best when you give yourself a project and work at it.

I played like that once. Really hard becuase everyone hates you for beign a lord wannabe :p

Upvote 0
That's why you need to spend a lot of time building up your mercenary army without making significant ties to any of the kingdoms. When your army can stomp the combined force of three enemy lords....that's when you make your play for lordship.

Basically just take mercenary contracts and stick to your assigned lord like glue....and rake in the renown, cash and experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's why you need to spend a lot of time building up your mercenary army without making significant ties to any of the kingdoms. When your army can stomp the combined force of three enemy lords....that's when you make your play for lordship.

Basically just take mercenary contracts and stick to your assigned lord like glue....and rake in the renown, cash and experience.

Bingo.

Be sure to train up some hero units too, they can be made lords and spawn their own armies. Train them up well enough and they can be remarkably powerful.

Upvote 0