• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Mac Version Mismatch with the second Halloween patch

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We are sorry it took this long to find out the cause of the issue, but we have identified it. We will be having it fixed when Valve comes into the office today.

What happened is when we rolled out the fix patch for Halloween update, Valve forgot to send out the updated Mac client. When we tested internally, our Steam clients did not roll us back to the older build that was incompatible until this morning.

We are once again sorry this has happened.

Not to be an ***.... screw it, I'm gonna be an ***.

Told ya so! Told ya so! Told ya so!

There. Now that's out of my system.

I knew the fact that Mac was on 1026 and Windows was on 1027 was the problem. Even made a post about it, but of course the flood of posts by people who are saying "MY KF BROKEN! FIX NOW!" probably drowned it out.

At least you managed to come up with a solution before the end of the event. I'm hoping that when it says October 27th through November 3rd, that it means the day of november third is included as well. Or maybe you can add ONE extra day to the event, considering that people on the Mac got hosed.

Upvote 0
    Well that doesn't make any sense at all. I've been playing KF on Lion no problem, it's just the recent patch that's made it incompatible :confused:

The crash only happens on NVIDIA chips with certain maps, such as Bedlam and Abusement Park. Some maps, and some areas of other maps, are fine - example is BioticsLab.

You'll know the crash when you see it, it often will lock up your machine entirely and force a hard shutdown. According to the logs it appears to be due to an OpenGL call deprecated in the NVIDIA drivers, other games had these issues as well and luckily were able to fix (Sims 3).

Upvote 0