• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Devs give us a few hint's on how your doing on some of the games problems please

If you have a crash, please get us your .dmp file in the thread posted in the support section. This allows us to figure out what is causing the crash and address it.

There is no dmp file because the game doesn't launch and there is no crash .. the game never gets past the splash screen.

I have followed the instructions in the the thread in the link below, as have several other players, and my launch log is always empty:

[URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=66487"][URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=66487[/URL][/URL]

I have also asked for other ways to create a launch log file and have received no answer.

I am willing to try whatever you ask!

My system will launch and run every other game out today without a problem, but I can't get past the splash screen on RO2 no matter how long I let it sit on the splash screen.

Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We are continuing to isolate and fix performance issues as we find them. This involves passes in code to find spikes in the game thread and reduce them, as well as longer term map optimizations with regard to draw calls.

We are also addressing top bugs and community requests. We will probably have another SDK update out soon as well.

One of the big bugs we have knocked out is the "double iron sights" issue. We are also addressing other visual bugs along those lines.

What about some of the historical and other inaccuracies we're seeing ingame atm, such as:

Visuals & Content:
- Sniper rifles with bayonets (Never happened in real life)
- Missing 6x Zielsechs scope model (K98 is still modelled with a ZF39 at lvl 25)
- 4x scoped G41 (Never saw service)
- 6x scoped SVT40 (Never saw service)
- Incorrectly modelled scope reticles (Small issue, but there & easy to fix)

Weapons handling & characteristics:
- Excessive recoil of some weapons (MKb42, PPSh & MG34)
- Penetration issues (Weapons penetrating objects they shouldn't & vice versa)
- Dmg pr. hit issues (7.92 Kurz doing too little dmg pr. hit as compared to pistol rounds for ex.)

Are these these immersion breaking issues being looked at, and will they be addressed anytime soon?

Many thanks in advance for any reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goten
Upvote 0
We are continuing to isolate and fix performance issues as we find them. This involves passes in code to find spikes in the game thread and reduce them, as well as longer term map optimizations with regard to draw calls.

We are also addressing top bugs and community requests. We will probably have another SDK update out soon as well.

One of the big bugs we have knocked out is the "double iron sights" issue. We are also addressing other visual bugs along those lines.

Well, it would certainly be nice to have usable sights on Station again.

What about the close range hit detection? That's the game breaker for me.

Upvote 0
In their defence I think this is a unreal engine 3 issue I've heard it cropping up in other UE3 games. APB has been plagued with 'ghost shots' for a long time and it's very similar to the issue in RO2 atm
Not to be rude or anything but what's your point? I don't think you can justify it by blaming the games' engine. If it's a known issue (which it apparently is with UE3) either fix it or move on the another solution.
As I said, they aren't doing a Rollercoaster Tycoon game but a (Tactical) FPS where the keyword is shooter.

What do you expect will happen to a game when the most important part is borked :p

Reactions: Dumba [cro]
Upvote 0
We tested widely for hit detection issues pre launch and fixed a large group of them. We also test in a variety of environments, including out in "the wild" so to speak.

But as I've said before, the key to fixing any issue is to find a way to reproduce it reliably and find out what exactly is happening. We continue to look into this.

Upvote 0
AHEM. It seems like this kind of useful information that everyone wants to know about should be in a news update in the Announcement section. Why isn't this being done? These kinds of posts are made once a great while in random posts here and there on the forum, but they disappear after a day or so, leaving everyone but a small amount of people out of the loop. This is just silly from a PR perspective, and its bad for your image.

You guys are obviously working on stuff, but the community is totally in the dark here. Maybe people won't be so damn irate all the time if they feel like they're being engaged in SOME kind of communication. I mean, most of us paid between $30-40 for this game. I think we are owned at least some basic updates.

Here..Here...HockeyWarrior. I hear you loud and clear.

Upvote 0
We tested widely for hit detection issues pre launch and fixed a large group of them. We also test in a variety of environments, including out in "the wild" so to speak.

But as I've said before, the key to fixing any issue is to find a way to reproduce it reliably and find out what exactly is happening. We continue to look into this.

Think I found a way to pretty reliably replicate it, on a bolt rifle at least. I have mine ranked up a bit, but I'm not sure if that matters (level 50). Seems to -always- happen when I rapidly click non-stop to fire the weapon as often as possible in a close range firefight, can unload a full magazine 1 meter away into someones back without them even flinching every time I do that.

Upvote 0