• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cant click on anything in Menu

Madrach

Oct 26, 2011
This all started when I left my game running in multiplayer on my server. I got timed out and kicked from server for being idle. When I tried to close the game down I could highlite all of the options but when I clicked on them nothing happened. So I ctrl/alt/del and closed game via task manager. Now when I launch game I get to menu screen and highlite anything on screen then click and nothing happens including exit. I can use the console to connect to my server but when I click on continue nothing happens. I have uninstalled and redownloaded/installed the game 3 times. Also uninstalled steam and reinstalled once. Nothing fixes this. This is getting very frustrating. The game worked fine up till now and I have been playing it since the begining with no major issues not even the sound issues some were having. I also followed your guide on deleting specific files and folders and having steam verify and replace them, even from a different server so I am at a loss and losing patience fast now. Your input would be greatly appreciated because I really enjoy the way this game plays and wish to continue playing it. Thank you in advance for your time.

Hey i had the same problem, i don't remember well which file must be delete u must try this:

Close Steam go in this folder
C:\Users\yourname\Documents\my games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config

If i remember well u must delete the file ROInput.ini, open Steam and try to lanch RO2 it will create a new file.
I'm pretty sure, this is the file, maybe is better if u move it or rename instead delete. At last if u delete it u can check the chace file of the game by Steam and it will download it again.
Sorry if i'm a bit confuse, the first time it happend to me i downloaded the game again, don't do it becaus will not change, try to do like i told u and lem us know. :)

Equilax

Upvote 0
Ok launched game. Hit ctrl/alt/del then cancelled it and an error message camre up ro2game.exe has stopped working. Never saw that one yet. Also since I cant get into settings I can only change my monitor resolution which I tried with no luck. But the ro2game .exe happens every time if I ctrl/alt/del and cancel it. Any ideas. My other games work fine.

Upvote 0
Tried all above no luck here are my dump files.

Odd. I would have expected deleting your configs out of My Documents would have resolved this issue for you. The next step would be to remove 'Suppress=Log' from ROEngine.ini and run the game with -log in the steam launch options. Are these dump files from a ctl/alt/del end process or some other crash?

Upvote 0