• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Is Dropbox good for server file redirects

is drop box good for server file redirects, I've been looking around for a redirect service since my server runs quite a lot of mods on it. so it good or bad And if its good how can I use it to download multiple files? How fast are the download times with dropbox? What is the upload speed?

Why don't you test it? its free after all

Upvote 0
is drop box good for server file redirects, I've been looking around for a redirect service since my server runs quite a lot of mods on it. so it good or bad And if its good how can I use it to download multiple files? How fast are the download times with dropbox? What is the upload speed?

i don't think it will work. You've to be able to publish one directory where the files are. Dropbox doesn't allow you to do that kind of thing, it publishes single files, at least the free drobbox.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i don't think it will work. You've to be able to publish one directory where the files are. Dropbox doesn't allow you to do that kind of thing, it publishes single files, at least the free drobbox.
That is incorrect. It does not provide a directory listing, but all your files should be in there. I would suggest against it because 1) you're abusing the bandwidth of a free service that isn't intended for that, and 2) they have a strict bandwidth limit. I believe it's 10 GB per month.

Upvote 0
That is incorrect. It does not provide a directory listing, but all your files should be in there. I would suggest against it because 1) you're abusing the bandwidth of a free service that isn't intended for that, and 2) they have a strict bandwidth limit. I believe it's 10 GB per month.

yeah well they disabled my account for 72 hours for bandwidth usage any other better file services?

Upvote 0