• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Support Forum.

Das Bose

Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2009
Sunny Scarborough
Hi,

The support forum is full of people with issues and the vast majority of posts remain completely unanswered.

Stuttering = no reply, browser issues ( ongoing since before release ) = no reply, hit detection issues = no reply, continuing sound issues of all kinds = no reply, continuing stats issues ( e.g Kar 98 still broken ) = no reply, Punkbuster related freezing and lockups = no reply.

What is the point guys? Why are people bothering to ask for help when you don't even acknowledge that they or their problems exist?

Frustrating doesn't even come close to describing the experience so far.

Last edited:
The developers do tend to answer on the issues you described above. It's just that when a few dozen people complain in a few dozen different threads about the same thing, the answers usually get lost in the mass amounts of posts.

They would rather spend their time on fixing the game than reassuring everyone that has issues.

Reactions: Zips
Upvote 0
I have no idea what their policy is or their intentions, but communication is the most important aspect of running any business and the support forum is a perfect example of what happens when it fails.

Yeah, I know. It is absolutely terrible when customers fail to use provided services correctly, and ignore such basic things as a Search function.

It is a Forum, not a support ticket system. That means you are suppose to take a look through things for previously answered questions that are similar to yours, Before you hit the "New Post" button.

Yes, Tripwire could do better, but the customers could do Far better than what they are currently instead of working to make the issue appear even worse than it really is.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I know. It is absolutely terrible when customers fail to use provided services correctly, and ignore such basic things as a Search function.

It is a Forum, not a support ticket system. That means you are suppose to take a look through things for previously answered questions that are similar to yours, Before you hit the "New Post" button.

Yes, Tripwire could do better, but the customers could do Far better than what they are currently instead of working to make the issue appear even worse than it really is.

Wait until you get an issue, and then days/weeks after posting about it there isn't so much as an acknowledgement, then you can come and blame yourself :)

I don't suffer with any issues except the odd sound hitch and several other small annoyances, but there are people with game breaking problems who are being effectively ignored.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wait until you get an issue, and days/weeks after posting about it there isn't so much as an acknowledgement, then come and blame yourself :)

I've had several issues. So far they have all either been posted to the Bug Reports, either by myself or checked that another member has posted, or solved by searching and reading the forums.

The system works really well when people actually use the system, instead of expecting it to be something where all the answers in life are handed to them on a silver platter.

Reactions: Das Bose
Upvote 0
I've had several issues. So far they have all either been posted to the Bug Reports, either by myself or checked that another member has posted, or solved by searching and reading the forums.

The system works really well when people actually use the system, instead of expecting it to be something where all the answers in life are handed to them on a silver platter.

What an absolute crock!

Seriously, an online shooter with a broken browser, numerous posts about it in the support forums all unanswered and you think this is the players fault?

Welcome to my ignore list.

Upvote 0
The developers do tend to answer on the issues you described above. It's just that when a few dozen people complain in a few dozen different threads about the same thing, the answers usually get lost in the mass amounts of posts.

They would rather spend their time on fixing the game than reassuring everyone that has issues.

There are many issues posted in the proper stickies in the Support Forums (and it isn't just a few dozen people) .. yet those issues have not been fixed and for the most part, have been ignored.
Take a look at how many thousands of views on each of those threads.
Gamers wouldn't be there looking through those posts if they didn't have those same issues.

There also have been a great number of logs and dmps uploaded as instructed, with little or no response to those either.

Nearly a month and a half since release .. how much longer do gamers who can't launch the game, or the game is unplayable for them, have to wait and continue to be patient?

Upvote 0
What an absolute crock!

Seriously, an online shooter with a broken browser, numerous posts about it in the support forums all unanswered and you think this is the players fault?

Welcome to my ignore list.

Really? Are we talking about the issue of no servers showing up at all in the server browser? Because, surprise, that was actually one of the first issues I had, and was fixed after less than 10 minutes of looking through the forums.

When twenty idiots make a post about the same issue that has already been answered, because they were too lazy to actually go look for themselves, then this is what you get. A pile of issues "With no response", because they shouldn't need a response for the simple reason that they shouldn't have been posted in the first place.

Upvote 0
There are many issues posted in the proper stickies in the Support Forums (and it isn't just a few dozen people) .. yet those issues have not been fixed and for the most part, have been ignored.
Take a look at how many thousands of views on each of those threads.
Gamers wouldn't be there looking through those posts if they didn't have those same issues.

There also have been a great number of logs and dmps uploaded as instructed, with little or no response to those either.

Nearly a month and a half since release .. how much longer do gamers who can't launch the game, or the game is unplayable for them, have to wait and continue to be patient?

Firstly, posting in the support forum is not a guarantee that it will get an answer from a developer or that they will fix it faster just because you posted it a while back.
That doesn't mean that they don't read your issues however.

Comparing the amount of views of a particular thread with the amount of users actually having problems seems to be a bit of "reductio ad absurdum", or in other words, that is a very inaccurate presumption to make.

In the end, you can be assured that they are doing their best to fix what they can, even if they don't take as much time to answer people as you might want them to.

Now I'm not trying to say that TWI did the right thing, they released a buggy game that for many is unplayable. However, it was either that or trying to compete with the larger titles coming out, which would make it's release go unnoticed. So in my opinion, releasing the game in the state it was in, was the lesser of two evils.

So I'm not trying to critise your opinion, but a good portion of your frustrations come from unrealistic expectations.

Upvote 0
We all know they're fixing stuff as fast as they can, and there are still issues that have been ongoing since launch

Sound bug is one - i still get it every now and then - have to disconnected and reconnect to get rid of no sound.

While all these people posting the same issues maybe a pain in the butt, they have the right to expect an answer even if it only re-directs them to another post - as for seaching the forums constantly for help it's not a good way to do this.

If the devs are busy then make more people mods do they can re-direct or answer post - so people aren't left hanging in mid air with no help and checking a post that no one answers after all it's called support.

Upvote 0
Battlefield 3 comes out in 12 hours. Guess I give up on playing RO2 for good now as there will be no more temptation to play this buggy, low performing mess when a game that's actually using my CPU's and GPU's more than 20% and actually runs above 50 FPS like it should on this system.

Broken, in-efficient games are no fun, sorry Tripwire.

Enjoy my $50 charitable donation to your company, I guess I'll let you keep it (since I can't return a steam game) in the Hope that you guys can use it to help you learn how to make a game that runs on modern PC's.

Upvote 0
While all these people posting the same issues maybe a pain in the butt, they have the right to expect an answer even if it only re-directs them to another post

This is where you are dead wrong. No expectation of individual attention from the devs is reasonable on the forums. As someone else mentioned this is not a support ticket system.

A reasonable expectation is that people actually read the forum. It's more of a library than a drive through window. You have to look for the information you're after as opposed to pulling up and placing an order.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Firstly, posting in the support forum is not a guarantee that it will get an answer from a developer or that they will fix it faster just because you posted it a while back.
That doesn't mean that they don't read your issues however.

Comparing the amount of views of a particular thread with the amount of users actually having problems seems to be a bit of "reductio ad absurdum", or in other words, that is a very inaccurate presumption to make.

In the end, you can be assured that they are doing their best to fix what they can, even if they don't take as much time to answer people as you might want them to.

Now I'm not trying to say that TWI did the right thing, they released a buggy game that for many is unplayable. However, it was either that or trying to compete with the larger titles coming out, which would make it's release go unnoticed. So in my opinion, releasing the game in the state it was in, was the lesser of two evils.

So I'm not trying to critise your opinion, but a good portion of your frustrations come from unrealistic expectations.

You hit the nail on the head with one issue.
The game was released with far too many problems (unfinished) in order to beat the big titles coming out.

Upvote 0
Completely agree Das Bose

I am one of those affected by the problem of PUNKBUSTER cause FREEZE, and have not received any help or recommendation to solve the problem.

Some examples:

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=65086[/URL]

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=67697[/URL]

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=70224[/URL]

I have them also.
I solved it by ctrl/alt/delete and when windows comes up choose cancel.

Upvote 0
Don't bother searching that useless support forum you won't find anything there besides the Dev's blaming our PC's for not being able to handle it while they continue to patch the game without fixing a god damned thing.

It's interesing that I can run every other game out today, but can't get RO2 to even launch.

Many gamers with huge systems are also having serious problems, and since TWI has already released 9-10 patches, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they are aware that many problems exist.

Upvote 0