• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS - is this typical?

Nah, this thing seems to be poorly optimized due to dev's less caring for performance.

All the unnecessarily big texture sizes, memory leaking, poor gpu usage, cpu usage, this thing seems to be very far, far from good optimized game.

I have

windows 7 32bit
i5 -760 stock @
gtx 460 1G
4g ram

In crysis 2 pc mp, if I mess with options in cfg, I could get great visual with great FPS from 60 minimum to 140 in multiplayer, with no stuttering in any circumstances.

TBH, crysis 2 pc is the best optimized game which provides great visual even in the lowest setting.
However, RO2 might be the one of the very poorly optimized games to date.

Obviously this thing need at least gtx 560ti or better
cpu much more powerful than i5 750
minumum ram 8G

4g shows hellish performance due to memory leaking
gtx 460 1g isn't enough at all for nice looking smooth gaming obvioulsy.

and I bet most here who says his performance is fine basically have uber fast quad core cpu or better, 8G ram minimum, minimum gtx560ti or better cards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
and I bet most here who says his performance is fine basically have uber fast quad core cpu or better, 8G ram minimum, minimum gtx560ti or better cards.

Most of what you say is a complete load of BS.

I have a dual core E8400, 4 GB RAM with a decent GTX480 and on Ultra i get 50 - 80 fps, no stuttering.

The game never uses more than 2 GB Ram so my 4GB ram limit is never gotten close to. Don't spout crap about memory leaks. A couple of my mates run in on GTX460 have no issues at all as well.

You simply have a grudge to bare on these forums and you regurgitate the same crap on each thread about performance.

OP the game is resource intensive, and i'm afraid your CPU is the major issue and you graphics card is old to run detailed games like RO2. You need to upgrade to see a marked improvement.

Upvote 0
Replies in orange.
  • Nah, this thing seems to be poorly optimized due to dev's less caring for performance.
no. just no.

• unnecessarily big texture sizes
i don't think you understand LOD scaling.

• memory leaking, poor gpu usage, cpu usage
GPU usage is fine, its CPU usage that needs optimizing.

• blah blah Crysis Crysis i don't know how to spell
crysis 1 had trash optimization. Crysis 2 is a console rail shooter.
Crysis is not a benchmarking tool you idiots

• 4g shows hellish performance due to memory leaking
running the cheapest 2GBs i could find, no problems. fix your computer.

• and I bet most here who says his performance is fine basically have uber fast quad core cpu or better, 8G ram minimum, minimum gtx560ti or better cards.
GT240, core 2 duo 1.8GHz(indiv), 2 GB of cheap crap ram, nothing OC'd, running some settings on med and getting good FPS and good gameplay. haters gonna hate, i guess.

Upvote 0
its just pretty random.
i have 20-30fps and my friend with the exact same pc have 60+ and another friend with a bad pc also have 60+fps while my brother with a freaking monster pc got 30-40fps.
its just kinda random if its running good then good for you but no need to trash the ppl that are having problems just because you are not.

Upvote 0
Most of what you say is a complete load of BS.

I have a dual core E8400, 4 GB RAM with a decent GTX480 and on Ultra i get 50 - 80 fps, no stuttering.

The game never uses more than 2 GB Ram so my 4GB ram limit is never gotten close to. Don't spout crap about memory leaks. A couple of my mates run in on GTX460 have no issues at all as well.

You simply have a grudge to bare on these forums and you regurgitate the same crap on each thread about performance.

OP the game is resource intensive, and i'm afraid your CPU is the major issue and you graphics card is old to run detailed games like RO2. You need to upgrade to see a marked improvement.

I get around 40-60 fps on medium settings, GPU usage around 20-25%, CPU usage 50-60%. On top of the crappy frames i get, i have huge stuttering issues.

Pretty much every game on my computer runs better than RO2, and i'm sorry to say, but RO2 isnt exactly "cutting edge" in terms of graphical output, yet it runs ridicilously bad, so there is definetly something dodgy about the optimization of RO2.

Upvote 0
Phenom II X2 550
GTX460 1GB
4gig of memory

Runs fine(30-60 depending on number of players and map) on mostly ultra with all the motion blurs and such turned off. I can get additional 10-20 fps if I turn depth of field off but I've no need for it atm.

New drivers, pretty much clean install of windows and no overclocking anywhere. Not really sure what's up with some people's computers, none of my mates who got it (16+ of them) got any problems whatsoever.

Upvote 0
Replies in orange.

Aside from your childish vulgar language, you seem not to know really well about what you said.
Once again, great internet, great ppl. thanx.

Well, RO2's running fine for you that's good for you.

However in my system, it does have memory leaks every round if the map is big, stutters everytime when arty's heavy, ppsh starts to fire, sound cracks and distorted if not disappear compleltely.

I killed every post process effect as bloom, dof, blur, light shaft, minimized shadow resolution, almost anything I could find on web to optimize this thing.

I defrag C: regularly, fix drive error, logical bad sectors, keep clean system status by using minimal but powerful security apps.

Crysis warhead, GTA4 run much better than this, and they had "much rare" and "far less severe" memory leaking cases than RO2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rrralphster
Upvote 0