• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server List of console commands and how to add bots?

AAChaoshand

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2011
Texas
Well, I tried to add bots several ways and they seem to just disappear when I join the game. I've tried editing the ROGame.ini file to set the minplayers=x file to say 9 or so and nothing. I've rebooted the server and nothing has changed. I tried using the console commands and it's addbots and then the number but then it says "NewTeam" [INT] which I don't understand. Is there a way to add bots that I am missing or am I screwing something up? Also, is there a complete compilation of console commands? I've hosted servers before, but this is a complete 180 from what I am used to. Any help is appreciated.

Adding Bots

Adding Bots

Well here is what we do on the Clowns server,

Step One

In the Web Admin Page, under the Bots tab, we have ours on the right "Add Bots" set to one (1) and add to "any Team" radio button checked.

Step Two
Under the next tab down under bots, you'll see the Change Map, click on this tab, Game and Map opens on the right hand side, scroll down the page to "Additional URL variables" here you will want to add your command line:

Too Add bots:
?minplayers=15?maxplayers=50
?minplayers=20?maxplayers=50
?minplayers=50?maxplayers=50

Too take away Bots:
?minplayers=0?maxplayers=50

you then have to "SELECT CHANGE GAME" located at the left bottom of the page, if not it will not take effect. This will then restart your game with bots.

I should mention it is a pain to take them away as well as add, you have to select "change game" each time you add or delete. Maybe they are in the process of fixing it, let's hope. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0