• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Freezes every 5-20 minutes - Nothing seems to work

Here is the response I got back from evenbalance.
You'll need to find a working driver for your onboard sound. We can't assist with this, but Realtek may be help to help on this. Thanks.
- Adam D

Well guess we are SOL. I would recommend anyone having this problem check your audio driver, and try both the Windows one and downloading the most recent one from your device manufacturer. Maybe someone should sticky this issue or make a post, as I'm sure a lot of people have this problem and just gave up on the game because of it.

Upvote 0
haha..thx for letting me know punkbuster was the problem. This has been happening to me too, I just keep turning up the fan speed on my gpu thinking it cant be that hot. Sometimes i play for 3 hours and others it freezes after 10 min...this needs fixed soon.

It really is annoying to keep doing restarts..but glad i upgraded to that ssd it only takes 20 seconds and im back at the desktop!

Upvote 0
Here is the response I got back from evenbalance.
- Adam D

Well guess we are SOL. I would recommend anyone having this problem check your audio driver, and try both the Windows one and downloading the most recent one from your device manufacturer. Maybe someone should sticky this issue or make a post, as I'm sure a lot of people have this problem and just gave up on the game because of it.

I have buy a USB Soundcard form Creative (Soundblaster Play) for miy Notebook now, so i don

Upvote 0
This is now happening every 5 min..making the game unplayable for me. I downloaded the latest realtek drivers "R2.65". So the new drivers made the problem worse. At least with the default drivers that came on the motherboard is would happen after hours. This sucks..now i see why nobody is online playing this game!

Upvote 0
I used to have a similar problem.

Turned out to be my grapich card but I tried everything else as suggested allready with realtek etc.

Had a 4870 of some sort even crossfire but I only used 1.

Try and see if there's a red led flashing after your freeze. If so google the error code under the led + the grapich card name.

I found a solution was to underclock it slightly which didn't have any performance drop that was noticable.

Bought a new card some time after which worked perfectly.

Lot's of people think it's punkbuster, realtek, cracked windows versions, sfc /scannow, msi afterburner etc. and it could easily be but try this.

Also use bluescreenviewer to find the errors (red text) after you've frozen and google them for a solution. However the solutions might not be completly true and you should be carefull what you're doing and also be a little carfull with overclocking.

Upvote 0
If you are using Win 7 or Vista, go to your device manager and uninstall the Realtek drivers. Then reboot your machine and windows will install a default set of drivers.

Try playing :)

WINNER!!! This man solved all my problems!!! thank you sir!

I didn't even check the little box that asks if you want to "delete driver files". But uninstalling the realtek drivers solves the problem. You can play and not lockup now!!

Upvote 0
[FIX]ed for me

[FIX]ed for me

I had the same issue with Punkbuster. (and other Punkbustergames like BFBC2) just BSOD, or the Brrrzsound an or the system just stopped and stuff...
Yesterday I decided to get the game to work and i happily made it. I played today 3 hours with no interruption. Wait, with one, mp-map loading failed and crash to desktop, but seems not to be a PB-Issue.

Solution for me:

- I had RivaTuner, i deinstalled it. (in some Threads over the internet is mentioned that some(all?) graphiccard-tweak tools collide wit PB)

- I have a realtek onboard sound card (thought this is now the death to the game for me), i uninstalled the drivers an wiped them with DriverCleaner, get the newest drivers.

- Nvidia drivers also, deinstalled, Drivercleaner, newest installed.

- Then a point with Avast Antivir and Commodo Firewall. It seems if it collides with PB too. In case of some "hidden programmbogus". Found this advice in some other forums. So now when i play i deactivate both. Hopefully my Routerfirewall takes the advantage to block enough from the internetcrap.

It's hard to looking for solutions when all other bugs come across, but hopefully PB is no more f... around ;)

Upvote 0
Hi,

I also have this problem of freezes in my computer with RO2, and only in servers with PB.

When i play other games, there is no freezing never, and I have not a REALTEK sound card.

i7 - 920
Asus P6T deluxe ---> Soundmax audio card.
6 gb
gtx295

A the moment i only play in servers without Punkbuster, performance is better and i play happy

I hope this is resolved in the future with a new patch

greetings

Upvote 0