• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Heroes Of Camping

Defending can be somewhat OK for camping as long as they get in the objectives when they need the reinforcement. I've seen too many times where someplace needed just one more person to even it out for lockdown, and someone's standing 10 meters away perfectly still not budging.

Attacking on the other hand is the worst to have a camping team. Objectives don't get capped, and the defenders capitalize on them being so far back they just in turn spawn camp the living hell out of you.

Upvote 0
When you are defending a position you should have overlapping fields of fire from the squad members. You should also have subsequent and alternative position to defend from. But, in any case a person shouldn't just sit in a single position all day if the war is going on somewhere else.

The environment is very close quarter and hard cover, so on the offensive usive overwatch, smoke and grenades to dislodge the enemy.

Pretty basic stuff, but is most succesful if you have com. Like SL tell everyone to hold in place for a second (if that's possible because most people are to ancious or stupid) and laydown smoke to cover an approch to an advance. Let people know before you are going to frag before you throw it, so you don't TK.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tactical waiting over an objective = Defense

Tactical waiting over a spawn = Camping

Defense is fun for everyone. Camping sucks and should be eradicated with a different spawn system.

Agree there is bad camping in this game like I said before as long as you in a capzone camping doesn't exist.I tell the noobs camping near the spawn all the time "if you want to camp get in the capzone then camp all you want".I have even went as far as switching to a SL so I could smoke them out of our own spawn they cant camp when they cant see s***! :D

g26c2e200000000000042e5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikita
Upvote 0
This game thrives on camping. Its a battle of who camps best not skill. I hope some kind of mod can bring the fun factor into this rather than sitting in a corner for 40 mins waiting for people to walk by.

If that's what you do than it's no wonder you're not enjoying yourself.

It's perfectly fine if a certain number of your team camps, so long as they're the right class for it and they're actually providing support for your team, otherwise people.... most people I play against..... actually do what they're supposed to.

But if your comparison of RO2 is against games like Quake, Unreal Tournament, Battlefield, Call of Duty, FarCry, etc.... then yeah, I could see where you can think it's all about camping.

But in reality, it's about not rambo'ing around and keeping your friggin head down so it's not taken off.

You have to move slower, you have to move more carefully, you have to actually think and take your time..... and if to you that equates to camping, then perhaps this isn't the game for you. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This game thrives on camping. Its a battle of who camps best not skill. I hope some kind of mod can bring the fun factor into this rather than sitting in a corner for 40 mins waiting for people to walk by.
So...you are a run and gun player that thinks everyone should be morons running around like crazy in the open in a totally unrealistic fashion?

Upvote 0
See now I've never had a problem with campers in this game. If you count people who like to hide in high windows, slightly off the beaten path, well then if you move slow you can spot them and shoot back, which is what I think happens to most good players. And if you have a problem with true campers, i.e. people who lay prone in the corner of a room waiting for people to run in front, well again, there's ways to deal with them. If you don't know how to but insist on running back to him over and over and dying, well that's his reward.

Exactly, and with the kill cam showing where you were shot from, if it's a true camper, they're screwed unless they relocate.

The thing is, most n00b campers will generally stay in the same spot until they're killed, and then repeat.

So you can easily flank them and shank em in their spine, lob a grenade in the room/area where they're camping, or just pop out in front of them and drive a bullet into their brain.... and if you're continually seeing the same person in the same spot.... stay there and get yourself some easy kills. They'll either be a moron and continually get gunned down for easy points, relocate to another camp site, or learn that perhaps they should start playing the game properly.

It's not like Campers have any sort of real advantage.... they're more disadvantaged when you think about it.

Most days I'm in the thick of it.... most days I'm a Commander trying to lead my team by the hand from cap point to cap point..... and other times I can't be bothered and prefer to be a support role with the ATR, Sniper Rifle, Rifle or MG and hang back.

Upvote 0
I just get sick of always going for the cap and wasting my lives for a a team that is camping for only kills. Anyways off to play some HOS.

If you see a good player, being consistently good, friend him, and play with him. As any team based game, you can start something great with a simple buddy system. You and your newly acquired 'buddy' go to objectives together. One covering another one. If have to run through corridor, one parked in the back aiming down the road, while second one running across... Rinse-repeat.
You start with one buddy, people get jealous seeing how the two of you are always together, and most likely (if working on objectives) on top of the scoreboard, will begin to hang around you. Next thing you know, you'll have few 'buddy's', which subsequently enough for a solid 30% of a 32ppl map ;)

Upvote 0